Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey to LSU [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What also is telling right now is none of our Baylor friends are posting nor do we see any more tweets from Baylor players...

Where is @Baylor1994 or @baylorprof?
tenor-8.gif

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
  • APR 24, 2021 - 6:53 PM

Kim Mulkey will decide Sunday on whether to come to LSU, TV reporter says​

Baylor women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey told a Texas television reporter she will make a decision Sunday (today) on whether to come to LSU.

Mulkey spoke to Nick Canizales of KBMT-TV in Beaumont, Texas. Asked if she is heading to Baton Rouge for the LSU job, Mulkey told the reporter she would make a decision "tomorrow."

Carnac sez.........."tomorrow morning at 7:00am" The envelope asks: What time do the moving trucks arrive at Kim's house? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But one thing I found out was Mulkey is only five years away from a very lucrative state of Louisiana retirement package. She was on payroll for 15 years at LA Tech

Interesting. I glanced at the State of Louisiana Pension program (LASERS – LASERS Benefits Louisiana). 20 Years of service gets you vested. Payment formula is calculated using the highest 60 Months of salary. Assuming she gets a very high salary as part of her LSU contract, and she works for the next 5 years, she would have a sweet pension. I would think this is one of the key reasons why she is considering going back to LSU if Baylor is not matching that!

I didn't look up Connecticut's state employee pension plan...Geno, with all his years of service is likely also looking forward to a very nice retirement!

Reaction Score
Can Kim hurry up so we can attempt to get Cardoso? :rolleyes:
Kim Mulkey in her own words , “I will decide today whether to take LSU”and I bet if the offer is magnanimous $$$$ she will take it....just saying.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess it depends on how well they do with today's collection plate.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Interesting. I glanced at the State of Louisiana Pension program (LASERS – LASERS Benefits Louisiana). 20 Years of service gets you vested. Payment formula is calculated using the highest 60 Months of salary. Assuming she gets a very high salary as part of her LSU contract, and she works for the next 5 years, she would have a sweet pension. I would think this is one of the key reasons why she is considering going back to LSU if Baylor is not matching that!

I didn't look up Connecticut's state employee pension plan...Geno, with all his years of service is likely also looking forward to a very nice retirement!
Does the whole state pension pertain to Geno and the staff since they’re negotiated contracts that they sign . He’s making o er a million a year . The states gonna give him a pension based on that?

Reaction Score
Does the whole state pension pertain to Geno and the staff since they’re negotiated contracts that they sign . He’s making o er a million a year . The states gonna give him a pension based on that?
I am by no means an expert on this. That said, Geno is definitely a state employee, and as such should be entitled to a state pension under the same rules and regulations for all state employees. Here is an article about the highest state of CT earners from a few years ago that confirms Geno's employee status.

Reaction Score
Rumor going around this morning is that Kim is not having a big gathering but will reach out to the team individually. Recruiting for her next job perhaps?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Because of the different levels/sources of his contracted money, there may be a baseline for his 'state compensation' that is less than his total. Whatever it is, it will be a very good retirement pension.

Reaction Score
Because of the different levels/sources of his contracted money, there may be a baseline for his 'state compensation' that is less than his total. Whatever it is, it will be a very good retirement pension.

Reaction Score
I believe she is taking the LSU job...I just spoke with one reliable source and an there is official press conference tomorrow to announce the hiring....please do not kill the messenger.

Reaction Score
I believe she is taking the LSU job...I just spoke with one reliable source and an official press conference to announce the hiring....please do not kill the messenger.
LSU is planning to have a press conference Monday night at the PMAC with open attendance to public if she is hired like they expect.

Reaction Score
LSU is planning to have a press conference Monday night at the PMAC with open attendance to public if she is hired like they expect.
Thanks that is nice to get a somewhat similar corroboration

Reaction Score
Not unless she wants to start her new job with a recruiting violation
I'm being sarcastic. Unless she doesn't want to be confronted by the media at the basketball facility. We will see see soon if this is all legit or pony show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom