Kiki commits to UCLA | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kiki commits to UCLA

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That's what I think. She mentioned she is the highest rank in UCLA history which interprets that she will be the absolute star in the team. Maybe that's what she wants.
That is it. She wants to be the Big Fish, but she forgot to consider Bowl size and that everyone will see the Bowl size.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
La is a bigger bowl than Storrs
For movies? Yeah. Professional sports? Yeah. Women's college basketball?

Oh No Deal With It GIF by DreamWorks Animation

Reaction Score
Who knows if she wanted to be a big fish? Maybe she just genuinely really liked the coach, the team, the culture UCLA had. Maybe she loved the campus and the girls on the team. Who knows. I don’t know why she’s getting so much hate though. Clearly she felt like UCLA was the best choice for her, so congrats to you Kiki.

Reaction Score
Who knows if she wanted to be a big fish? Maybe she just genuinely really liked the coach, the team, the culture UCLA had. Maybe she loved the campus and the girls on the team. Who knows. I don’t know why she’s getting so much hate though. Clearly she felt like UCLA was the best choice for her, so congrats to you Kiki.
Hate?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
But Stanford >>> UCLA in academics and women's basketball. The decision is surprising because she didn't pick the best basketball school, nor the school with the best academics, nor the school closest to home.
Maybe slightly better in both, but there isn't a huge difference. I haven't been to Palo Alto, but UCLA is in a terrific location and has a beautiful campus.

Reaction Score
Maybe slightly better in both, but there isn't a huge difference. I haven't been to Palo Alto, but UCLA is in a terrific location and has a beautiful campus.
Palo Alto is a very nice town halfway between San Francisco and San Jose, but the campus is actually located more on the westward side and the beautiful Portola Valley. I lived there for about ten years, and there is no more lovely place to be.

Of course, that has nothing really to do with choosing UCLA or Stanford, but to me I'd much rather be in horse country than Los Angeles.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
La is a bigger bowl than Storrs
Sure, for a number of sports - mostly pro. UCLA's average attendance is 3500 and change - 6th in the Pac 12. Then there is TV .... print coverage a/k/a internet.

Reaction Score
Pac gets all three Top 10 pgs in 2022. #2 Rice/UCLA, #7 Gray/Oregon, #8 Gayles/USC.

Incidentally, I think Rice is the highest ranked female player UCLA ever signed. I believe the previous high was Markel Walker who was #4
Jordin Canada was ranked #4 and she was the most recent.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Palo Alto is a very nice town halfway between San Francisco and San Jose, but the campus is actually located more on the westward side and the beautiful Portola Valley. I lived there for about ten years, and there is no more lovely place to be.

Of course, that has nothing really to do with choosing UCLA or Stanford, but to me I'd much rather be in horse country than Los Angeles.
I've only been to LA once; give me NYC any day. I'm an East Coast boy.

Reaction Score

UCLA is basically in BelAir/Brentwood/Beverly Hills and a short drive from Santa Monica. Not really “LA” it’s in very high rent/home district. Absolutely beautiful if you can afford it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hate? An opinion on recruitment is not animus to the recruit. Your calling it something else, that's how rumors spread.

sun

Reaction Score
FWIW, we may have lost out on signing Kiki but we won the UCLA game today as a consolation prize.

Reaction Score
FWIW, we may have lost out on signing Kiki but we won the UCLA game today as a consolation prize.
if Paige and co return to form it won't be the last time UCLA loses to UConn.......

Reaction Score
I fully expected UConn to beat UCLA today. They were in a worse situation injury wise than UConn.

Reaction Score
Just another example how difficult it is to forecast recruiting choices. For some of us that have moved around the US, while we have specific goals, many times its the "feel or vibe" of an area or coach that is the final influence.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sidwell beat #1 DeSoto by 54-36 yesterday. They should be the #1 team in the nation in the next poll. I reported on their win over top-10 McNamara previously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom