Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Really difficult choice! I gave it to Ice yesterday, and she played even better today. Nika passes DT for 2nd on the all-time assist leaderboard for UConn and Paige is Paige.

I'm going with Q, who played as solid an all-around game as I have seen from her all season. Heading into the Big Dance, Q will be a factor.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My badass award goes to the team!! They were like Ford....built TOUGH!!!! They were like Timex....took a licking, and kept on ticking!!!! They were like the Energizer Bunny.....they kept going and going!!!! I loved every bit of it!! Them girls were on fire...help me sing it :).

Reaction Score
With 4 people in double digit this must be a team effort.

Team Effort.jpg

Reaction Score
They all deserve it
Gotta say Ice came alive just when we needed her.
Paige was her usual amazing self
Nika 9 assists and iron tough
Shade fought like a big cat
KK was relentless
Q wouldn’t quit on anything

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Really difficult choice! I gave it to Ice yesterday, and she played even better today. Nika passes DT for 2nd on the all-time assist leaderboard for UConn and Paige is Paige.

I'm going with Q, who played as solid an all-around game as I have seen from her all season. Heading into the Big Dance, Q will be a factor.
Yeah, I was just thinking: It WAS Q's best game of the season!

Reaction Score
They all won the KBA, but I do think that KK had the most floor burns...closely followed by Paige.

Reaction Score
The team? The heck with that.

The reason I’ve been reluctant to give the award to Paige in previous games is because she’s beyond individual badass games. But this game symbolizes the entire season for me and Paige is the badass who carried her team for a season. She is the rock they all count on, the one who shoulders the sky for them, the one who clears a space so they can shine. She’s the example of greatness they have right before their eyes everyday. They are all better for having her standing next to them.

Remember, Evina turned down her initial shot at the draft just to have a chance to play one more year with Paige. Now we can all see what Evina saw. Who wouldn’t trade something precious just for a chance to play with Paige?

Reaction Score
Everyone played great. Paige? What can you say? Special shout out to Q for great minutes. However, my badass is once again Ice. She heard the call to duty and "Boots and Saddles Brady" responded. Saddle up Ice!

Reaction Score
Ice for playing 40 minutes two games in a row and not fouling but still rebounding. She flowed so well with the offense making passes screening and cutting. With her and Q coming off the bench we now have two players who can impact the game and give our starters the needed rest to keep their legs fresh which should equal better 3-point shooting which is key to keeping the middle open for our new post player Paige Mutumbo.

Reaction Score
Want to put in a word for the log headed toward the terrible buzzsaw at the sawmill. This space is about the UConn badass, yes and true. There were many moments when the TEAM was a very impressive buzzsaw. I'm impressed with the fight on the other side, too. And the team to team camaraderie after the game was touching to watch.

Reaction Score
What is amazing is the team switches and movement on defense. Watch all seniors set the tone but especially these freshmen, KK, Ash, Q and Ice. They never stop moving their feet to stay in front of the player they are defending. Switches are communicated loudly and are split second. It's like a well-tuned orchestra with the floor generals Nika and Paige with the baton. How many times did KK, Ash, Q or Ice disrupt a player driving into the paint to cause a steal or jump ball. It is something that Geno and all the coaches can take great pride in. Job well done!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom