Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
Dorka 15 pts 9 reb 4 ast 2 stl 5 blk
Aaliyah 26 pts 7 reb 2 ast 1 blk

HM
Lou 23 pts 4 reb 1 stl 1 blk
Nika 6 pts 6 reb 12 ast

The return of Dorka and Nika to the lineup brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ESPN had Dorka with a double double and now they dont

Reaction Score
Really good scoring games from Aaliyah and Lou, and a promising return by Dorka, but my BA goes to Coach CD.

Reaction Score
I have stated before that Aaliyah has become the " BEAST" , because of her size and scoring ability that she has thankfully developed this year. In the last two games we out rebounded the other team by a wide margin, mainly because of Aaliyah. She has reached the potential she was supposed to have and is definitely an AA candidate. Couldn't have happened at a better time and well deserved. GO AALIYAH!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
A.E. for sure. Dorka and Lou were essential , BUT I wondering if we would have won without Nika.......?
I don't believe we would of. Despite her turnovers and some reduced defensive intensity today, I think her presence and leadership on the court were crucial. It was intelling, and at least from her perspective true, that in the presser she said the the fall off in the second half was on her -she lost focus and control of the team - but concluded that she was thankful that her teammates stepped up and got the win. No excuses with this kid.

As I noted even before her first game at Uconn she has always been very self aware and openly honest about her limitations, challenges or failings (as well as her strengths). In equal portion, she is fully committed and engaged in giving her all to help in the teams success. IMO, this season she has really stepped up and has embraced the weight and pressure of leadership and her teammates have drawn strength from it. So, back to your query, even though her personal performance wasn't stellar in today's game, her presence was a difference maker for her team.

Reaction Score
I'm going off the board and say Nika. Here's why: at the 4:30 mark of the 2nd quarter "Our Nika" committed two fouls without the tick of the clock. Old Nika might have found herself on the bench or arguing the call. The team leader Nika pulled it together and lead her team to a win. She had multiple FSU gnats to deal with and only committed one additional foul, playing the entire 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I have stated before that Aaliyah has become the " BEAST" , because of her size and scoring ability that she has thankfully developed this year. In the last two games we out rebounded the other team by a wide margin, mainly because of Aaliyah. She has reached the potential she was supposed to have and is definitely an AA candidate. Couldn't have happened at a better time and well deserved. GO AALIYAH!!! GO HUSKIES!!!
I agree--AE has to be in the AA conversation, no one is as consistent, or as dominant and that includes Boston, Brink or anyone other low post...

sun

Reaction Score
To me, the play of the game was when an FSU player went down hard on the floor and Dorka stopped to give her a hand to help her get up even though the rest of the UConn team was quickly pushing the ball upcourt in transition.
Dorka could have ignored the player on the floor at the baseline but didn't.
She personally put the game on hold and took responsibility in case the player was seriously injured.
I think she realized that it could have been her on the floor suffering a potentially serious injury even though it wasn't in this instance.
The game didn't stop, but Dorka did & she was the only one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom