Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. UCF | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. UCF

Who should be the Bad-ASS for the UCONN vs. UCF game?

• Stevens - double double in only 18 minutes

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Williams - 8 points, 13 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination, but a convincing win none the less. I only put 2 choices but decided to put in an "other" category in case I missed the boat on my 2 nominees...

I'd vote for Stevens, but almost want to take it away for her three shots from beyond the arc. I do wish she'd stop taking them.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, Z for badass!

Loving that she's taking those shots. She's a good 3 pointer and needs to keep doing it until she begins to hit them. The question isn't whether she's shooting them, but whether Gabby and/or Pheesa are underneath when she is. Truthfully, I haven't watched closely enough, but I bet that's part of the calculus. Geno is pretty transparent when he believes someone's not taking a good shot, and he certainly doesn't seem to be discouraging Z.

Reaction Score
UCF. For the first 20 minutes, they played the best basketball team in division one, and kept it close. I like Their strategy of running down the clock. Minimizing UConn possessions is a critical part of any chance of staying competitive.

Most of all, this was by far the most athletic team we’ve seen this year. Frankly, we got outhustled in the first half. Nothing but good can come out of this.

Reaction Score
Game is indication of things to come. It appears the best way to play UConn close is to beat them up. It is actually easier to play a good team (and more fun) than one that has no rhyme of reason in their play.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Game is indication of things to come. It appears the best way to play UConn close is to beat them up. It is actually easier to play a good team (and more fun) than one that has no rhyme of reason in their play.
This isn't a new tactic.

Reaction Score
UCF. For the first 20 minutes, they played the best basketball team in division one, and kept it close. I like Their strategy of running down the clock. Minimizing UConn possessions is a critical part of any chance of staying competitive.

Most of all, this was by far the most athletic team we’ve seen this year. Frankly, we got outhustled in the first half. Nothing but good can come out of this.
Everything good WILL come from it. They need these games to prepare for anything.

Reaction Score
Close call for me between Z & Gabby, but in the end Gabby was all over the court on defense and as Geno pointed out, she was the difference for the Huskies.
When the call is close--there is only one fair choice-----BOTH.
I don't know if Uconn would have lost without the injection of AZ into the game---I'll never truly know--but it is apparent , early on, she kept Uconn's head afloat.

Reaction Score
Gabby! while Z was very very productive on offense and UCF had no answer for her, her defense in this game left a lot to be desired. Gabby was amazing on defense and some of her steals, deflections were a jaw dropping marvels of athletic ability and warrior's mentality.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Gabby, she played with fire the whole game, didn't give up after a lot of her shots didn't fall in the first half. The play of the game was her one handed block/steal in the 3rd Quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom