Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. Michigan State | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. Michigan State

Bad-Ass award for UCONN vs. MSU

• Azura Stevens - double double (25/16) - set the tone in the 1st half

• Napheesa Collier - force on both sides of the ball - double double AND 5 steals / 4 assists / 3 blks

• Kia Nurse - 3 point shot off in 1st half, came on strong in 2nd half

• Crystal Dangerfield - double-double in points/assists with only ONE turnover...

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So what do you think? Dare we call it? Azura Stevens with her first B-A award??!! She certainly was for the first half, but Kia and Napheesa came on strong in the 2nd half. What say you BY'ers? I'm inclined to go with Azura, as she set the tone with a terrific 1st half and had terrific numbers for the game...

In less competitive blowouts, when Geno goes to the bench, it might be fun to try to pick out either the freshman of the game, or the 6th man (or "reserve") of the game. Once Lou comes back, I don't think Stevens should count off the bench since she's practically a starter, but...

HELLO Andra Espinosa-Hunter!

Side note - I do get disappointed in the 4th quarter when it seems like a switch is flipped and suddenly we get outscored by the other team. I get that Geno may be experimenting, or that we have reserves in, but still...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To my last point - from 5 minutes left to 1 minute left, we were outscored 13-5. At one point MSU went on an 11-0 run before we countered with a quick 6-0 run of our own... Still, an impressive beatdown of a solid team...

Reaction Score
So what do you think? Dare we call it? Azura Stevens with her first B-A award??!! She certainly was for the first half, but Kia and Napheesa came on strong in the 2nd half. What say you BY'ers? I'm inclined to go with Azura, as she set the tone with a terrific 1st half and had terrific numbers for the game...

In less competitive blowouts, when Geno goes to the bench, it might be fun to try to pick out either the freshman of the game, or the 6th man (or "reserve") of the game. Once Lou comes back, I don't think Stevens should count off the bench since she's practically a starter, but...

Side note - I do get disappointed in the 4th quarter when it seems like a switch is flipped and suddenly we get outscored by the other team. I get that Geno may be experimenting, or that we have reserves in, but still...
Their starters press our subs to stay within 40. Classy.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
One of the most boring games I have ever seen!

Reaction Score
Z is my clear choice for BA award! She actually played like a 6'6 player at UConn should...aggressive on the boards, versatile and quick! She looked like the All American Z we were all hoping for!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No problem with Z; well deserved. Honorable Mention for Katie Lou! Just for being there in the spirit she exhibits. Helping the team and individual players. Brava!
All the players on the bench do that. Just saying.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Probably I am wrong but I thought she said "In & Out Burgers". Maybe my bias? :D
She may have but I thought she said it was starting her first game that was delicious.

Reaction Score
I think Z gets the BA award this game for sure.

Yeah, okay, but so what if Crystal missed that last no-look pass, she stayed in the driver's seat for that high-speed express and had some fun along the way.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Yes we dare, call it!!

UConn gets outscored in the 4th because the freshmen don't score when they're in because they are still playing timidly and afraid to shoot (and miss), and risk the possibility of Geno's wrath...........a lot like Crystal did last year in the early part of the season. So when we try and predict a final score for a game, we must anticipate how much playing time the bench will get, because the other team will close the gap while they are in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She may have but I thought she said it was starting her first game that was delicious.

I do not think that would be consistent with Z's previous statements that starting or coming off the bench is not important to her. Also, not in character with UConn especially since she is starting at this time only because of injury to KLS.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I heard that too

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hungry when she was interviewed but not that hungry. I think Gabby is going to give Z a little talking to about diet. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I like the voting option :)
I agree. This game it was a somewhat easy call - Stevens is the clear POG according to our votes (B-A), but in other games where there is a strong mix of scoring from everyone, it will be fun to see who we all vote for!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom