Bad-Ass award for UCONN vs. Memphis

• Gabby Williams - 10-10 - 20 pts, 7 assts, 3 boards, 4 steals

• Kia Nurse - 14 pts, 4 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals

• Megan Walker - 12 pts, 4 boards, in about 10 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of division in the ranks on this. Gabby and Megan both had a good day today. It would be interesting to see what Megan could do if she played a 40 minute game. A double-double perhaps? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think there's really only one choice - Gabby Williams, but what say you Husky fans?
While the number Gabby put up, it must be remembered she is a Senior.

Walker, on the down side of the flu, played excellent offense and more than good Defense. If the award (not being argumentative) is for points scored---then re-title the award. My belief is that coming into this game--for a FROSH everything was against her making a good show: Illness,sitting time, just being a Frosh--but she came into the game looking every bit a junior, not a frosh. Never looked lost (as some freshmen did today), rebounded, defended, scored, assisted--shoot me, but I didn't see her make a mistake. If nothing else --it was one heck of a good performance.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of division in the ranks on this. Gabby and Megan both had a good day today. It would be interesting to see what Megan could do if she played a 40 minute game. A double-double perhaps? :rolleyes:
Well, it's 39-5 for Gabby at the moment. I guess that's some division...

Reaction Score
I might have considered MW for her 1st ever BA award, but she missed a shot and Gabby didn’t, so Gabby gets my vote.
Oh you are a hard man to please!! Personally, I just ignored that miss. If Ms Walker continues this kind of play--she shall earn a dozen BA awards this year.

Reaction Score
No hesitation about Gabby but Megan Walker, just by making today’s list, has served notice. She’s got fearless game and plenty of time to get time. If she’s the 7 (behind Z at 6) that means she can start getting at least 10 minutes per game right away.

By South Carolina she’s a real weapon and her defensive footwork is much better.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's in rare company with that performance.

"But she was energized after the break, and her 10-for-10 shooting Sunday was among the most efficient performances in program history. Only Rebecca Lobo (11-for-11 vs. Iona, Dec. 23, 1994) made more shots in a game without missing.

Williams matched Napheesa Collier (10-for-10 vs. Cincinnati, Feb. 7, 2017), Breanna Stewart (10-for-10 vs. Creighton, Nov, 23, 2014) and Nykesha Sales (10-for-10 vs. Notre Dame, Dec. 6, 1997)."

UConn Women Beat Memphis In AAC Opener

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On second thought, my vote goes to Kibitzer himself. He had been rather scarce around here lately, but it's good to see him back for another year. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tough crowd! A kid misses one shot in the game and falls to the second echelon. ;)
Yes that’s true, but as old and hobbled as I am, I would have made that shot MW missed.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...It would be interesting to see what Megan could do if she played a 40 minute game...

By her own postgame admission, she’d have struggled to handle 40 today. She looked great to me, but she said that she was winded, and hasn’t quite got back to her best fitness yet. As I sit here struggling with my own version of a cold, breathing normally has become an abnormal condition. Kudos to Megatron for fighting through and making several good contribs today.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By her own postgame admission, she’d have struggled to handle 40 today. She looked great to me, but she said that she was winded, and hasn’t quite got back to her best fitness yet. As I sit here struggling with my own version of a cold, breathing normally has become an abnormal condition. Kudos to Megatron for fighting through and making several good contribs today.

Agreed. Not right now, maybe the end of the month, or sometime before the regular season ends. Perhaps as a fill-in for a starter should one suffer a slight/mild injury and has to sit out a game or two.

Reaction Score
It looks like Gabby has turned the corner on her health problems and she'll be back to amazing the WBB world with her athleticism, and unstoppable hustle! I only see Gabby taking the leadership reigns more & more leading to the NCAA Tournament!
i don't disagree with anything you say here , but just as important is that more of the rest of the team is making the extra pass including ones to Gabby herself when she gets open. During the beginning of the season, Gabby was getting open repeatedly but was ignored by her teammates. Now everyone is on the same page and it shows . Geno apparently has been emphasizing this in practice for he knows and preaches that you cannot live on three point shots, you need to feed it into the interior. Now to get Z to get more involved down low more would be the icing on the cake

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom