Kibitizer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kibitizer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
My KMBA comes with a question. With Paige out for the season...... Where would this team be without NIKA?
HM to Lou for seizing the moment and making open shots as Duke concentrated on Azzi.
HM to Aaliyah for a double double in only 22 minutes of play.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Edwards
I was going to query the yard to ask who was that player "masquerading" in Aaliyah's uniform and braids? :confused: I've never seen her before. I didn't like what I saw.........................I loved it!!! I hope to see more of it every game. I'll take 17/11 every game going forward. :D

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that every game there are 3 or 4 legit candidates? Griffin "only" had 2 steals today but her defense once again was outstanding. She must look like a giant spider to opposing guards. And she defended posts too. And yet her stellar defensive effort doesn't even make the semi's.

That's a very good sign. I can see why Geno likes this team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My KMBA comes with a question. With Paige out for the season...... Where would this team be without NIKA?
HM to Lou for seizing the moment and making open shots as Duke concentrated on Azzi.
HM to Aaliyah for a double double in only 22 minutes of play.
We'd be in dire straights. So far, no one has run the point as hard and fast as she does. Right now, Nika is the straw that stirs the drink, and she does so without spilling anything. ;) That was a very nice "no-look" fast break pass to Aubrey in the first quarter. Yesssirreee Bob.

Reaction Score
We'd be in dire straights. So far, no one has run the point as hard and fast as she does. Right now, Nika is the straw that stirs the drink, and she does so without spilling anything. ;) That was a very nice "no-look" fast break pass to Aubrey in the first quarter. Yesssirreee Bob.
I liked the result. But it didn't seem like one of Nika's best passes on the break. I think either she didn't make the right pass, or she didn't manage to look Celeste Taylor off the play. Taylor wasn't fooled at all. Fortunately, Aubrey can finish and just blew right past her. And Azzi was wide open for a 3 on the other side.

Reaction Score
Lou gets my vote with honorable mention to Aliyah.

Nika had another solid game and she got a lot of attention from the broadcast crew. I think her stock rose on the national scene as a result of this game being on an ESPN channel in prime time.:)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The next game you watch, or replay, count how many assists Nika doesn't get because the receiver misses the layup or loses the ball. Or the breakaway pass to Edwards, where, instead of shooting, AE passes to Lou for the easy layup. In hockey there can be two assists on a goal. That was an example where two assists should have been given. Nika's pass made the play. I would guess that Nika loses out on 5 or 6 assists per game. Or the great pass to Patterson under the bucket, she misses, gets her own rebound, then scores. Nika lost out on an assist.

Reaction Score
I give the BA to Lou. Who prior to the start of the season thought Lou would be so valuable to the team? If she came to UConn to enhance her WNBA credentials, it's working.

Coming in a real close second are the HMs Nika and Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
I haven't yet worn my "Everyone Eats" t-shirt because I was waiting for a game where I was hoping for a feeding frenzy but Nika still gets my badass vote! Lou for POG and Edwards for honorable mention as both were fantastic. Azzi also had a great game doing the little things. Aubrey a bit off but still a monster on defense. I just love this TEAM! When the title "badass" was invented it had Nika's picture on it. I just hope her next black eye is not caused by something involving someone on her own team :D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom