Kiah Stokes alert | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes alert

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes has played 3 games so far in 2017 for Botas in Turkey. Her US teammate is Chelsea Gray.

1st game 18 pts, 15 rebounds in 51-48 loss (no Chelsea Gray)

2nd game 8 pts, 14 rebounds in a 52-67 loss (no Chelsea Gray)

3rd game 27 pts, 15 rebounds in a 78-51 win (Chelsea Gray 22 pts 9 assists)

That is a pretty good start for Kiah's second season in Turkey.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes has played 3 games so far in 2017 for Botas in Turkey. Her US teammate is Chelsea Gray.

1st game 18 pts, 15 rebounds in 51-48 loss (no Chelsea Gray)

2nd game 8 pts, 14 rebounds in a 52-67 loss (no Chelsea Gray)

3rd game 27 pts, 15 rebounds in a 78-51 win (Chelsea Gray 22 pts 9 assists)

That is a pretty good start for Kiah's second season in Turkey.

Being a BIG Kiah Stokes fan, I'm delighted to hear of her success to begin the season. These are the numbers I hoped she would put up by her third year of professional play. Taken #11 in the 2015 WNBA draft, this is her third year. Here's hoping that Kiah continues to get better and more consistent in her play. I'd like to see her put up double-doubles in the W nightly as well, she can do it.

Reaction Score
It's no secret that Kiah's lack of offensive fire power hurt the NY Liberty's ability to progress
further into the playoffs. This past year was not what I expected out of her. I thought she
would be more consistent in scoring, especially playing overseas and getting more experience.
If the Liberty could have gotten 10 points a game out of her, it would have made a big difference
in the Liberty's success. What the reason for her offensive fall off last year is a mystery to me.
I hoped she would have had a breakout year last season.

I have been on a WNBA site and it appears that some of the Liberty fans are suggesting trading
Kiah to get more scoring. They feel that she has good trade value and even suggested trading
her to Seattle, along with NY's 10th draft pick for Seattle's 5th draft pick. There is a lot of speculation
going on and only time will tell what the new Liberty coach is thinking. I would guess there
is plenty of options being discussed in NY. With Bill Laimbeer gone to Las Vegas, there may be
some new changes coming down the pike. One thing for sure, Tina Charles needs some offensive
help, she can't do everything alone.

Hopefully, everything will work out for Kiah, and she will continue to have a good WNBA career.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It's no secret that Kiah's lack of offensive fire power hurt the NY Liberty's ability to progress
further into the playoffs. This past year was not what I expected out of her. I thought she
would be more consistent in scoring, especially playing overseas and getting more experience.
If the Liberty could have gotten 10 points a game out of her, it would have made a big difference
in the Liberty's success. What the reason for her offensive fall off last year is a mystery to me.

I have been on a WNBA site and it appears that some of the Liberty fans are suggesting trading
Kiah to get more scoring. They feel that she has good trade value and even suggested trading
her to Seattle, along with NY's 10th draft pick for Seattle's 5th draft pick. There is a lot of speculation
going on and only time will tell what the new Liberty coach is thinking. I would guess there
is plenty of options being discussed in NY. With Bill Laimbeer gone to Las Vegas, there may be
some new changes coming down the pike. One thing for sure, Tina Charles needs some offensive

Hopefully, everything will work out for Kiah, and she will continue to have a good WNBA career.

I agree with your comments 100%. I don't know what's holding her back. She has the stature to carve out her space in the paint. She's about the same size as Tina, but is not nearly as aggressive. I don't think a change of scenery would do any good, but who knows. I think she likes NY and her Liberty teammates. Maybe hypnotic therapy? There is no reason at this point in her professional career that she cannot average a double-double nightly. And as you say, Tina could use the help. I'll continue to follow and wish her all the best, where ever she plays.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
90% of her offense comes off pick/roll moves that leave her open for layups. Not surprising that her numbers increase with Chelsey Gray. Her hands are good but her post moves and shooting have to improve. Her defense and rebounding are valuable but she just does not have an offensive mentality. Let's hope some of Gray's
cold blooded attitude rubs off.

Carnac

Reaction Score
90% of her offense comes off pick/roll moves that leave her open for layups. Not surprising that her numbers increase with Chelsey Gray. Her hands are good but her post moves and shooting have to improve. Her defense and rebounding are valuable but she just does not have an offensive mentality. Let's hope some of Gray's
cold blooded attitude rubs off.

That sir, would be outstanding!!! I'd love to see Kiah come back from overseas with a little junkyard dog mentality added to her game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
10/29 Kiah continues to excel in Turkey. She had a 21 point (7-9 shooting, 7-9 foul shooting) game with 18 rebounds and 3 blocks in a 71-70 win against Diamond DeShields (7 points) team. Chelsea Gray chipped
in with 21 points also to help in the win.

In the last two games, Kiah has gotten to the foul line 16 times and made 12 of those. Maybe she is getting
more aggressive offensively in this league.

Reaction Score
Kia Vaughn has put up big numbers while playing overseas and it has not translated to the WNBA. Success overseas is sometimes overrated. With the liberty the issue is not having a tru point guard.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Kia Vaughn has put up big numbers while playing overseas and it has not translated to the WNBA. Success overseas is sometimes overrated. With the liberty the issue is not having a tru point guard.

True, did anyone notice how easily and often Dangerous was able to get the ball to Butler on the block during their time on the court together?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
True, did anyone notice how easily and often Dangerous was able to get the ball to Butler on the block during their time on the court together?
11/5/17 Kiah's latest game was a 62-56 win. She had another good game, 10 points, 20 rebounds and 5 blocks.
Chelsea Gray had 12 points, 5 assists.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hopefully, Brittany Boyd will fill that void next season.

Reaction Score
12/23 Kiah continues to play well. Her latest game was a 98-51 win, She had
20 pts, 19 rebounds and 3 blocks in 22 minutes of play. Chelsea Gray pitched
in with 8 pts and 7 assists. Kiah's team is now 7-4 after 4 straight wins.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I am a BIG Kiah Stokes fan. I cannot read enough updates about her improved play overseas.

I would like nothing better than to see Kiah bring those numbers back to the W next year. There is no reason why she can't. I'm assuming she'll return to the Liberty next year.

How nice would it be for her to have a breakout year, and average a double double for the entire season.

Reaction Score

Would love to see Kiah on Seattle, Stewie needs someone who can rebound, and play defense in the paint. With all the good passers on Seattle, Kiah should be able to score 10+ a game. Seattle is probably the worst rebounding team in the league, even with Stewie, so Kiah would fit in well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Would love to see Kiah on Seattle, Stewie needs someone who can rebound, and play defense in the paint. With all the good passers on Seattle, Kiah should be able to score 10+ a game. Seattle is probably the worst rebounding team in the league, even with Stewie, so Kiah would fit in well.
I think they were the worst rebounding team statistically in Stewie's first year. I'm not sure if they were last year, but they had to be close. Both Seattle and San Antonio could use Kiah.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Since the Liberty will also have new ownership (this means new coaches) next season, I wonder how many of the present day roster players they will retain. This may effect Kiah. I wonder if they will deem her a "keeper", or see her as trade bait. This will be her 4th season coming up in 2018. Since we don't know who the new owners are going to be at this time, we can't speculate on any player movement.

Who knows, Maybe her former Liberty coach "Trader Bill" (Laimbeer) will cut a deal for Kiah to go to Las Vegas. If the Liberty do offer Kiah for trade, I have no doubt there will be several teams vying for her services. Especially if she can sustain the offensive production (or something close) she's now having in Turkey.

Reaction Score
1/6 Kia's latest game was a 66-68 loss to the team she played for last year. She had 6 points and 11 rebounds. It seems that when Kiah doesn't score much
her team struggles.

Carnac

Reaction Score
1/6 Kia's latest game was a 66-68 loss to the team she played for last year.
She had 6 points and 11 rebounds. It seems that when Kiah doesn't score much her team struggles.

It's games like this that Kiah needs to really step up, and make a difference. Had she scored 4 more points, her team would have won. Sometimes you have to put the team on your back, and refuse to lose.

Reaction Score

I didn’t see many Liberty games on TV this year so it’s hard judge accurately. Based on box scores she didn’t do alot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom