Kia Nurse: The Future of Canadian Women’s Basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse: The Future of Canadian Women’s Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
show me the post Bubba, where I said that...

"Now, if Chong was just a college freshman we might cut her a little slack, peppered with patience. Wait..."
From a Chong thread critiquing her recent play.
Obviously you don't wear the big boy pants because
you cant remember where you put them! Get back on your meds!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
show me the post Bubba, where I said that...

"Now, if Chong was just a college freshman we might cut her a little slack, peppered with patience. Wait..."
From a Chong thread critiquing her recent play.
Obviously you don't wear the big boy pants because
you cant remember where you put them! Get back on your meds!

"but have a player not even on campus yet as an All American. Stop speaking out of both sides of your mouth!!!!!!!"

To make your point, I need to have said that. I did not. You just made it up.

I await your response...fish or cut bait Bubba.

Last edited:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think you may be right.

What I'm most intrigued by is her rep for lockdown D. We've heard it occasionally with other players coming out of HS but in recent years there has only been one Kelly Faris in that regard, and she was an excellent, tenacious defender from day 1. I think the best individual defenders are at least "very good" when they hit campus and become "outstanding" as they learn the finer points of team D.

If she really is someone who can approach Faris-like levels, that would be really special of course. Even if she's a little short of that, it could still help her earn more minutes in what promises to be a very competitive situation at the guard spots for the Huskies.

Just as an aside, I always thought Tiff was an underrated individual defender. My two fav perimeter defensive tandems both had Tiff in them: Hayes/Greene & Hayes/Faris.
She's a lock-down defender. She plays hard. She has size and athletic genes. She's the starting PG and leading scorer for the Canadian national team, which qualified for the FIBA world championships. She'll be matched up with Sue Bird in September. Name another college freshman who'll be doing that.

Reaction Score
I have seen her play. If you have not seen her play, you are in for a treat. However, as with any incoming freshman, she will have to learn she cannot take a time off on the court. Sometimes she is s0 dominant that she lets the games go on without her. I am sure that Geno will solve that quickly.
She is a very good shooter, slasher, assist maker and especially lock down on defense.

Reaction Score
Who knows...I like the sentiment. In any case, they are not my words, they are Milfords.

You posted a "like" to his comment, then gave me a snarky response.
I must have misreread your Sentiment.
Hard to read sentiment into written statements, does not show well between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom