Kia Nurse...starting in Turkey? | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse...starting in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
In the Courant this morning: the Canadien national team coach suggests that our very own Kia Nurse may well start at the point for their national team in the World Championships in Turkey next September.
This kid is on the fast track. Canada is no slouch team...I think they are basically a top 8 team in the world.

Don't we have a couple of Boneyarders planning to be courtside for those games?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In the Courant this morning: the Canadien national team coach suggests that our very own Kia Nurse may well start at the point for their national team in the World Championships in Turkey next September.
This kid is on the fast track. Canada is no slouch team...I think they are basically a top 8 team in the world.

Don't we have a couple of Boneyarders planning to be courtside for those games?
I think the assumption has been that Nurse would be starting this year as she was starting last year in the qualifying tournament. It raises the interesting specter of Uconn's college team having two national team members playing at the world championships - something that I don't think any college team has had for the last twenty plus years since there was a professional option in the US. No guarantee that Stewart will make that team but I think there is a good chance she may.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nurse started for the Canadian team at last year's FIBA qualifying tournament in Mexico.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Canada qualified for the 16-team tourney, so they are at least top 16.

Yep, Our Man in London plans to be in Istanbul along with some dude from San Diego. The hotel is in Europe, the arena in Asia. How cool is that?!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I believe Canada made the quarterfinals in the London Olympics...lost there so they missed on a medal.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Yep, Our Man in London plans to be in Istanbul along with some dude from San Diego. The hotel is in Europe, the arena in Asia. How cool is that?!

Very cool indeed...

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Very cool. I once had lunch on Europe, sailed over to have dinner in Asia, and drove back to Europe for nightcaps.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think the assumption has been that Nurse would be starting this year as she was starting last year in the qualifying tournament. It raises the interesting specter of Uconn's college team having two national team members playing at the world championships - something that I don't think any college team has had for the last twenty plus years since there was a professional option in the US. No guarantee that Stewart will make that team but I think there is a good chance she may.

Achonwa played at the 2013 America's Championship, and will likely play at the world's. Team mate Novosel play at the 2011 WUG, but I don't see her at the championships. so no this isn't an exam,ple, but one that had potential.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Very cool. I once had lunch on Europe, sailed over to have dinner in Asia, and drove back to Europe for nightcaps.
I once had breakfast in Connecticut, lunch in jersey, dinner in New York and a snack back in Connecticut.

All in one day.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I once had breakfast in Connecticut, lunch in jersey, dinner in New York and a snack back in Connecticut.

All in one day.

I once had a hot dog at Coney Island.

Reaction Score

All in one day.
I had breakfast in Yuma, AZ, then breakfast again - same day and same time - in El Centro, CA

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
I almost won $481,000,000 in the lottery once.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

That San Diego dude is a dope. Don't know him, don't wanna know him... ;)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Hopefully some day you'll make it to the post office. An amazing place, full of wonder. Make plans now, it gets crowded.

It has been a long time since I went to a post office. What's the attraction?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Achonwa played at the 2013 America's Championship, and will likely play at the world's. Team mate Novosel play at the 2011 WUG, but I don't see her at the championships. so no this isn't an exam,ple, but one that had potential.
Achonwa should be on that team, but it will be the fall after she graduates. Maya I believe did it her senior year, Griner was in the pool but not on the team, Tina the year after she graduated as was the case with Sue and DT and Swin. If this happens with Stewart she will be in her junior year and it will happen for Nurse who will be in her freshman year.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Hopefully some day you'll make it to the post office. An amazing place, full of wonder. Make plans now, it gets crowded.

Actually, in terms of where I live, you are right on point.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Letters from all over the world with stamps you never dreamed of and people behind the counter who say nice things to you like "that's first class" or "How about overnight, tiger?"

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
Letters from all over the world with stamps you never dreamed of and people behind the counter who say nice things to you like "that's first class" or "How about overnight, tiger?"

That and you get to apply for a passport

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kia may start for Team Canada's Senior National Team and may not be able to start for UConn. Got to think Moriah starts next year at PG and then who starts at the 2 guard. Saniya, Banks, Nurse, Williams or Edwards. Got to think Saniya goes into the preseason as the favorite. Williams may not be completely healthy and I forecast Courtney Ekmark as a wing similar to Kelly Faris.

Reaction Score

I went there today in the am, and was still there the same day in the pm. Like time travel.

Reaction Score
Same breakfast?
Don't remember - probably not. You can only do this in the winter (AZ doesn't use daylight savings time).

I've also had breakfast in CT, dinner in Singapore, and breakfast again in Australia, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Reaction Score
Kia may start for Team Canada's Senior National Team and may not be able to start for UConn. Got to think Moriah starts next year at PG and then who starts at the 2 guard. Saniya, Banks, Nurse, Williams or Edwards. Got to think Saniya goes into the preseason as the favorite. Williams may not be completely healthy and I forecast Courtney Ekmark as a wing similar to Kelly Faris.
There could be a lot of interchangeable parts next year. It should be interesting
to see how it all plays out. With or without Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom