Kia Nurse is One Win From Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse is One Win From Championship

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hard to tell if the game winner was good. Go to 148.54 into the tape to rerun the winning shot.

Pretty weird coverage. Everyone is so happy about the underdogs winning and extending the series that there is no concern at all to check. Bizarre. :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Thanks to the 3,700+ crowd at Titanium Security Arena that witnessed an incredible contest in what was a brilliant exhibition of the globally elite standard of the Chemist Warehouse WNBL.

In relation to the final shot of the game, through the current broadcast technology the league does not have the capacity to implement an Instant Replay System (IRS) and has not for the past two seasons.

Therefore, the call on the night stands.

The league looks forward to another packed AIS Arena for Game 3 on Saturday evening."

LEAGUE STATEMENT FOLLOWING GAME 2 OF THE 2018/19 GRAND FINAL SERIES - WNBL

May feel like home to Kia, but .... Maybe she's just scouting the Aussies for Lisa Thomaidis and Team Canada. Kia wants a FIBA World Cup for Team Canada very badly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kia and her teammates! She went far from home but won a championship. That's awesome. I chatted with her parents in Tenerife. They are very nice and gracious people.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Got it thanks. Yeah she had a great college career and was a hard worker in the WNBA, just not good enough to last unfortunately. I was sort of hoping it was Aubrey Griffin (playing for free of course!!)...

I don't think "not good enough to last" is quite accurate. She never failed to make a team and was never cut due to performance. My recollection is that Kelsey was waived from the Sun due to injury going into the last year of her contract. There was a expectation that she would be resigned the following season, but she chose to stay in Australia and not play in the W. She was briefly in the Sun training camp last year but, again, was unable to play due to injury and was waived. Kelsey was a huge fan favorite with the Sun due to her hustle, muscle and heart. She played with a reckless abandon that lead to many extra Sun posessions and, unfortunately, a series of injuries. She may make another W run this summer and I think she's good enough to make a roster as a solid bench player at least.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't think "not good enough to last" is quite accurate. She never failed to make a team and was never cut due to performance. My recollection is that Kelsey was waived from the Sun due to injury going into the last year of her contract. There was a expectation that she would be resigned the following season, but she chose to stay in Australia and not play in the W. She was briefly in the Sun training camp last year but, again, was unable to play due to injury and was waived. Kelsey was a huge fan favorite with the Sun due to her hustle, muscle and heart. She played with a reckless abandon that lead to many extra Sun posessions and, unfortunately, a series of injuries. She may make another W run this summer and I think she's good enough to make a roster as a solid bench player at least.
We shall see. With all the new talent coming out of college every year, I find it doubtful she will make it on a roster, even as a reserve. Still, gotta love her heart, effort and making the most out of her talents. Wishing her the best!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing the Liberty pick Kelsey Griffin up. She and Kia play well together. I followed the UC Capitals closely. Kelsey was the runaway star, not just of the UC Capitals, but the WNBL in general this season. Kia was right behind her on the Capitals, 4th in the league in ppg (18.38) while Kelsey was 1st (19.65). I realize the WNBL isn't the WNBA but as surely as Kia will be a starter for the Liberty this year, it's hard to imagine Kelsey a bench player. I will say this though, it seems that Kelsey needs a spell every now then while Kia is the Energizer Bunny. Kia played the full 40 minutes in game three in spite of the score (20 point lead at the end) and was 2nd in the league in minutes played per game (34.87) for the season. It will be interesting to see if Kia makes the 5-player All Star Team at the Awards dinner. She has a good shot. She also has a tough decision to make about next year. Obviously the Caps want her back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom