Kia and Gabby | The Boneyard

Kia and Gabby

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So true. I can't think of two better representatives of the program than these two. They've done it the right way from Day one.

Only 2 regular season games left. Three AAC tournament games and hopefully 6 NCAA tournament games. Enjoying their last games as UConn players is where my focus will be.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I bet there's not a dry eye in the place when they take their final walk with their parents to greet Geno. I love those 2. They are 2 of my all time favorite Huskies - so sad to see their careers winding down, and I wish they every good thing in their lives going forward. I hope the place is packed and they both get long and raucous ovations to honor them...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Should UConn run the table this year, Kia and Gabby will have an incredible 149-2 record during their 4 years at UConn.

However, that is not the best 4 year record for a UConn player. The best 4 year record is 152-2, held jointly by Saniya and Tierney.

Reaction Score
Should UConn run the table this year, Kia and Gabby will have an incredible 149-2 record during their 4 years at UConn.

However, that is not the best 4 year record for a UConn player. The best 4 year record is 152-2, held jointly by Saniya and Tierney.
This is one record that's never going to be broken. Part of the reason was that they benefited from the rare 40 game season.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily broken, but if another group comes along and goes 38-0 four years in a row, they would end up with a record of 152-0. ;)
That's true, but I've convinced myself that will never happen. Think of how difficult it is to have three consecutive undefeated seasons let alone four. Even the big three had "only" two undefeated seasons.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So true. I can't think of two better representatives of the program than these two. They've done it the right way from Day one.

Only 2 regular season games left. Three AAC tournament games and hopefully 6 NCAA tournament games. Enjoying their last games as UConn players is where my focus will be.

I sure hate to see these two young ladies leave, but............it's their turn to go through that revolving door. They've both mastered the art of walking on rice paper and not leave a trace,.....................time for them to go. :( I don't know what their plans were after college. If they planned on playing professional basketball, I'd say the outlook is great. Word is Gabby will be a top 6 1st round pick. Kia, somewhere between #9 in the 1st round, and #3 in the second, although it would not surprise me to see both of them go in the 1st.

Once gabby grabs a firm hold of a consistent mid-range jumper, she's going to be lethal. Kia is ready to go directly from the draft selection ceremony. You don't start 4 years for Geno and not be ready for the next level the first day of practice. She's a leader, and she understands the game. She had one of the best teachers in WCBB. She'll graduate with honors on and off the court.

For the third straight year, senior guard Kia Nurse was named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District 1 First Team, as announced by the organization Thursday. The Hamilton, Ontario native holds a 3.55 grade-point average and is pursuing an individualized major. Nurse is now eligible to be named to the 2017-18 Academic All-American Team, which recognizes excellence on the court and in the classroom. Last season, Nurse was named to the Academic All-America Third Team.

Gabby will be inducted into the "Huskies of Honor" on senior night. Like so many other UConn fans, I will be following both closely as they transition into the W and beyond. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I sure hate to see these two young ladies leave, but..it's their turn to go through that revolving door. They've both mastered the art of walking on rice paper and not leaving a trace, time for them to go. :(
Yes the time has now come.

cOoWax.gif

Reaction Score
All you can ask of every and any player is to try hard in school, in practice and in games. Also to represent yourself, this program and UConn to the best of your ability. While there will be others that come along to do it, they can only hope to do it as well as Kia and Gabby. No way to do it any better.

Reaction Score
I sure hate to see these two young ladies leave, but..it's their turn to go through that revolving door. They've both mastered the art of walking on rice paper and not leave a trace,......time for them to go. :( I don't know what their plans were after college. If they planned on playing professional basketball, I'd say the outlook is great. Word is Gabby will be a top 6 1st round pick. Kia, somewhere between #9 in the 1st round, and #3 in the second, although it would not surprise me to see both of them go in the 1st.

Once gabby grabs a firm hold of a consistent mid-range jumper, she's going to be lethal. Kia is ready to go directly from the draft selection ceremony. You don't start 4 years for Geno and not be ready for the next level the first day of practice. She's a leader, and she understands the game. She had one of the best teachers in WCBB. She'll graduate with honors on and off the court.

For the third straight year, senior guard Kia Nurse was named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District 1 First Team, as announced by the organization Thursday. The Hamilton, Ontario native holds a 3.55 grade-point average and is pursuing an individualized major. Nurse is now eligible to be named to the 2017-18 Academic All-American Team, which recognizes excellence on the court and in the classroom. Last season, Nurse was named to the Academic All-America Third Team.

Gabby will be inducted into the "Huskies of Honor" on senior night. Like so many other UConn fans, I will be following both closely as they transition into the W and beyond. :cool:
Kia's improvement in the last year has been outstanding, it seems in part due to her weight loss. She always seemed a bit slow to me before, but this year she is the one out ahead of everyone on the break again and again. I honestly was not sure her prospects were going to be great in the very quick WNBA, but now I think she would be a steal in the second round. I predict a solid career in the pros for Kia Nurse.

And what you said about Gabby is dead on. Mid-range jumper confidence and she will be money for years to come.

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
*Bump*

Today is a day to keep Gabby & Kia at/near the top of the board!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom