Kia and Gabby | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia and Gabby

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Should UConn run the table this year, Kia and Gabby will have an incredible 149-2 record during their 4 years at UConn.

However, that is not the best 4 year record for a UConn player. The best 4 year record is 152-2, held jointly by Saniya and Tierney.

I think this is one of those records that will NEVER be tied or broken.

Reaction Score
Not one, but two ladies who, I suspect, could each beat me up in a New York minute! I intend to remain on their good side!

Reaction Score
Of the two seniors, which game is your favorite of them?

Gabby- Last year’s game against South Carolina, she was brilliant

Kia- too many too chose from, either when she scores or shuts down the best player on the opposite team

Reaction Score
Of the two seniors, which game is your favorite of them?

Gabby- Last year’s game against South Carolina, she was brilliant

Kia- too many too chose from, either when she scores or shuts down the best player on the opposite team

For Gabby I loved the ND game last year. Also, hate to bring it up, but in a loss I was never more impressed by her than the MSST game.

Kia it is either one of the game last year where she scored in the 30s, she was burning the net. She also had a real good game against SC this year.

Reaction Score
Kia's improvement in the last year has been outstanding, it seems in part due to her weight loss. She always seemed a bit slow to me before, but this year she is the one out ahead of everyone on the break again and again. I honestly was not sure her prospects were going to be great in the very quick WNBA, but now I think she would be a steal in the second round. I predict a solid career in the pros for Kia Nurse.

And what you said about Gabby is dead on. Mid-range jumper confidence and she will be money for years to come.
I have not studied the WNBA teams' needs nor all the players for the draft, but I would think she is a real good pick for a mid-late first round (good team) because she can come in and contribute (defend and spot-up shooter) without being heavily relied upon right away.

Reaction Score
Just cut through Gampel............ saw Gabby's "banner" is up on the wall covered in a drape to be unveiled tonight as part of Sr Night festivities since she was 1st team AA last year...hopefully Kia will be selected for one of the qualifying teams this year to be added as she so has earned....

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno, what is it going to be like tonight for the seniors?

“For somebody like Gabby, it will be pretty emotional in the sense that … celebrating two national championships and X and Y accomplishments and being first-team All-American — that didn’t seem to be the path that she was on as a freshman,” Auriemma said. “To see she how far she has come and how hard she’s worked — we took a point guard out of high school and made her one of the best forwards in the country. She should be proud of that.

“Kia is just an emotional person as it is, so for her it will be off the charts. … The best four years of their lives are going to end, sooner rather than later. And they’re never going to have it this good again, no matter what my players in the pros tell me, how good they have it or how much they hated practice or hated college. Yeah. This is the best four years of their lives, and it’s coming to an end.”

Senior Night: UConn Women Set To Play USF, Honor Gabby Williams And Kia Nurse

Reaction Score
Just a couple words....I've been enamored by these two since I first saw them as freshmen. I noticed Kia was in the starting lineup right away, and I loved her grit and smarts....I thought Geno sure has a long term winner here...! And then...as that season went along, I began to notice this other one.......Gabby was her name. I thought to myself, just who is this girl who runs like a gazelle, soars like an eagle, and looks like an angel?? I was captivated by both of them.....and what a ride it's been....! I so want them to go out as the true champions they are, and for Kia to be up on that wall with Gabby. I'll be so happy for them tonight, but it will be tough for me, knowing it's all coming to an end.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Btw, it looks as though Gabby's little niece made the trip to CT .. hopefully she will get some air time when they do crowd shots of the family for both Gabby and Kia.

Which reminds me: I wonder if any former NFL quarterback's will be in the stands ....?? Small possibility at least?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom