KFC Yum! Center Is Nearly $10 Million A Year In The Red | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KFC Yum! Center Is Nearly $10 Million A Year In The Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Banned? Really for making the same joke HFD makes?

Comical

Well Merry Christmas to all, it's been real
The only person I know who didn't ban you was myself! But I suspect whoever did it probably was showing you how it feels for pettiness to creep into decision making. You're a microcosm for a macrocosm.

Speaking for myself I bear you no ill will. Merry Christmas to you!

C

claver20l0

If claver was banned it just shows that our skin is getting way too thin. Every once in a while he'd say something a little aggressive but was always a respectful poster and I wouldn't say he crossed any lines. I always liked how the boneyard never really banned people unless they were just complete d-bags. We don't need to be so defensive.

Appreciated.

Claver hasn't brought anything other than trolling to the table in months. Once the hockey east discussions ended he went full bc poster. I congratulate him on being the first poster banned since observer??

2 things:
1) Don't you recall me posting how I watched the Louisville game while visiting the family and boosting your numbers to prove you deliver the Fairfield County and by proxy NY market? HAVE YOU NO APPRECIATION?
2) Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you take the internet a little too seriously.

The only person I know who didn't ban you was myself! But I suspect whoever did it probably was showing you how it feels for pettiness to creep into decision making. You're a microcosm for a macrocosm.

Speaking for myself I bear you no ill will. Merry Christmas to you!

Well done.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Claver hasn't brought anything other than trolling to the table in months. Once the hockey east discussions ended he went full bc poster. I congratulate him on being the first poster banned since observer??

Meh. He was a little aggressive but calling him a troll is absolutely ridiculous. Just my opinion of course.

And Claver, understand that you are speaking from a relative position of strength (a power conference). UConn is hurting right now; duck*ing Washington State and Wake Forest are safe while we are on the outside looking in. Any aggression is going to be 100x worse than it seems. Again, it doesn't/didn't bother most of us. Alas, the fight MUST go continue, and I wish you well.

Reaction Score
What P/L for the Rent? I'd guess most venues are losers especially the ones that have been financed and have outstanding loans.

Reaction Score
Ya know, Indy is going through the same thing for the Colts. The new dome is bankrupting the city. Word around the Super Bowl this week is that tickets go for face value. Baltimore apparently doesn't have enough high rollers going down to New Orleans. You'd think SF would send a few down. Hope my team makes it to the Super Bowl in NYC next year. I may actually plunk down $500 to see that game in the freezing cold.

Reaction Score
Cities seldom understand the impact of these crazy leases, because that's not the business they are in and they rarely want to hire the right people to analyze them because they don't build these facilities to make money, but to "better the community." That was clearly the case in this instance. And that is fine, but you need to understand your risks, too. A good analysis would have told them that something like this was a real possibility, but they wouldn't have wanted to know it because it would have put the Yum at risk. In all likelyihood they had very good legal advisors, who looked at the project from that perspective, but they probably relied on them for business advice too. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt. Public Authorities worry about the legal issues but rarely understand the business issues. And there is no question that if UL had to pay a market lease it would eat into its revenue. 50% of the revenues? Wow, that is great even by generous deals.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think claver was banned or froze because he had multiple accounts fwiw...

Reaction Score
Cities seldom understand the impact of these crazy leases, because that's not the business they are in and they rarely want to hire the right people to analyze them because they don't build these facilities to make money, but to "better the community." That was clearly the case in this instance. And that is fine, but you need to understand your risks, too. A good analysis would have told them that something like this was a real possibility, but they wouldn't have wanted to know it because it would have put the Yum at risk. In all likelyihood they had very good legal advisors, who looked at the project from that perspective, but they probably relied on them for business advice too. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt. Public Authorities worry about the legal issues but rarely understand the business issues. And there is no question that if UL had to pay a market lease it would eat into its revenue. 50% of the revenues? Wow, that is great even by generous deals.

I am not buying it. It's not done out of ignorance at all. Here in Buffalo, they have professionals with a lot of experience who studied the recent investment in the stadium. These people are easy to find. The real reason this went through is not sheer stupidity, but the fact that people sitting on UL's board also had a hand in the city's decisions. And before someone goes off on gov't versus business, I just read a study about the bribes German manufacturers were paying for Greek military contracts. Siemens is repaying Greece billions, for instance, for multiple bribes (some ranging in the $2 billion area) for contracts. Sitting on the board of Siemens was the CEO of Deutsche Bank, and when the Greek gov't sold bonds shortly after the deal was struck, guess who sopped up the entire offering? DB. When the bonds went belly up and the loan went sour, it wasn't only Germany that made DB whole (using the Greek bailout as a conduit) but the European taxpayer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brilliant and classy post.

I'm not here to troll or anything. I like UCONN and want to see them in the ACC or the Big 10. Just wanted to respond and discuss.
Troll test: Look for the following phrase in their post. "I'm not here to troll or anything."

Thank you for interest in the University of Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom