Key to the Rest of the Season | The Boneyard

Key to the Rest of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We need to learn to get the ball inside to Stef Kiah and Breanna especially, when facing a zone. Why?
Number 1 we will get opponets in foul trouble and that will make them defenseless.
Number 2 we will establish our inside game which will create more open outside shots and open everything else up.
Number 3 we will be able to take teams like ND and beat them at their own game.
Number 4 After reading Geno remarks of how impressed he was with Kiah in the LVille game and thinking about situations of playing Breanna 6'4 Kiah 6'3 and Stef 6'5 all together well that would just be awesome for us to score underneath and keep opponets away from the basket. IMO how does Griner stay out of foul trouble with all 3 playing around the basket. She cant foul only try to intimadate.

For me I think we will see alot more zone defenses for the rest of the season. I think Cuse and perhaps Duke will play alot of zone againest us trying to force us to shoot from the outside. For the rest of the season, I see alot of zone, double downs, and collapses in the middle when we get the ball down low. I would expect Geno to work on more plays where we get the ball inside to our bigs and when the shot clock is running down have dribble penetration to try to create fouls. Our outside shooting is coming along and will get better as more playtime is evident without worrying about injuries.

Im looking forward to the Cuse and Duke games. I think we will see alot of improvement and a tuff challange. Judgeing from the stats Cuses defense is questionable and both Cuse and Duke have played less then steller schedules. Duke hasnt had as tuff a schedule as they will have later in the year either. So we will see how good that defense is on Monday night.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The key is how well they shoot the three as a team. They are all confident about shooting from the arc, including Stef. So, the end result will be:

Live by the three, die by the three...

Note: vs. ND, 5 for 23 21.7%

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Cannot afford to have any more injuries, especially to Kiah, Morgan and Breanna.
Bria has to play like the All American she is against the better teams.
Got to find a way to consistently get to the free throw line and once there make them at 85% or better clip.
Rebound, Rebound Rebound....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Play hard, play smart, and have fun!

Having said that I'm not sure what to expect from this team. They've not been 100% healthy, and still aren't completely 100%. the good thing is there is still a lot of hoops left to play for them to all "get better". I hope they do so because this could be a devastating team if everyone is 100%.

Of the freshmen, Moriah is a bit ahead of what I expected, Bree is about what I expected, and Morgan is a tad behind what I expected (and I had very lofty expectations). But again, so hard to tell as all 3 have been injured or sick. Kiah and Bria are still coming back from injuries - are they 100%? Part of my expectations were that they would roll over everyone not named Baylor. regardless of injuries, I had no idea we'd struggle (relatively speaking) against Maryland, PSU, ND, or that after the ND loss, would look so sloppy in the win vs. Georgetown.

So I have no idea what the Keys to the rest of the season should be - I guess i'd say to be healthy. Only then will we really be able to see what this team is capable of doing and if they are as good as everyone's expectations before the season started...

Reaction Score
Cannot afford to have any more injuries, especially to Kiah, Morgan and Breanna.
Bria has to play like the All American she is against the better teams.
Got to find a way to consistently get to the free throw line and once there make them at 85% or better clip.
Rebound, Rebound Rebound....

85% as an individual is darn good. 85% as a team is almost impossible. UConn's best free throw shooting team was the 2010-11 team at 77%. Only two UConn players have ever shot better than 85% over their respective careers, and only four were able to attain it in any one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom