KevinOllie addresses crowd at FirstNight | The Boneyard

KevinOllie addresses crowd at FirstNight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously do not care if this team goes 500... if they push it and leave 100% on the court i will be happy. There has been teams like last year who just did not care (or it looked like it)

I completely agree. The record does not matter because we play arguably one of the top 5 hardest schedules in the country. If we are looking to pad wins we should just switch schedules with Providence. We still have a young team and a lot of great pieces hopefully returning next year for a deep NCAA run. I'd rather see the team get challenged and improve.

Reaction Score
Only problem with my theory is, does ollie keep his job if he goes 500

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only problem with my theory is, does ollie keep his job if he goes 500

If he has the team together and playing hard, if academics are in good shape, if he has some decent recruits, then why not?

I think it was very savy of Kevin to talk about "these guys stayed." It builds commitment to one and other on the team and it builds a bond between the fans and the team. Time will tell but I truly believe that Kevin will be special for us.

Reaction Score
Unless it's a complete lackluster season I think KO keeps the job regardless of record. He will be judged more on team togetherness, xo's, and overall effort. I have full confidence he will be able to get the job done, especially with the incredible coaching staff he has around him. Including JC I count 4 former head coaches. That is impressive my friends

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I forget what Manuel said, but it seems like the criteria should include things like his ability to lead the team effectively, including game management, team motivation, and skills development for both the team and players. For example, will the team know what to do when running offense, how to attach different defenses, and respect his authority when the going gets tough. Will he come up with effective game plans that maximize our strengths and attack the opponents weaknesses? Can he give the refs a hard time when needed?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, loved the shout out to the players on the team who didn't transfer. That comment is at 3:40 for those wanting to hear it...

And I heard him give props to Ricky Moore...glad to see he is here, too.

Reaction Score
The thing is if this team gives it their all they will have a pretty good record. Bazz + Boat + Calhoun is as good as any back court in the league. Giffey and Olander have experience. Daniels is talented.

Reaction Score
The AD does not support ollie, if he did he would have given him a three year with a low buyout.. (totally my opinion ) the AD also said over and over he wantted a national search

Reaction Score
The AD does not support ollie, if he did he would have given him a three year with a low buyout.. (totally my opinion ) the AD also said over and over he wantted a national search

If this is true then Warde Manuel is the wrong man for the job. There is such as thing as loyalty and tradition. WM should be looking at the football program and HCPP and associates some more.

Reaction Score
If this is true then Warde Manuel is the wrong man for the job. There is such as thing as loyalty and tradition. WM should be looking at the football program and HCPP and associates some more.

yup, Manuel wants to rebout the program with no calhoun finger prints on it...(totally my opinion )

the new hire of RM goes against my theory

Reaction Score
yup, Manuel wants to rebout the program with no calhoun finger prints on it...(totally my opinion )

You need to look at both sides of the ball. While I am 100% behind KO and wish he got a 3-4 year deal, I also understand Warde. An athletic director's job description entitles him to make hiring decisions, not be backed into a corner and forced into it. My feeling is that Warde supports Ollie and is going to give him a long term deal. He also wants to show everyone that it is his decision to name KO head coach and not Jim C.

Reaction Score

I really doubt he wants to alienate all of the NBA alums man. come on

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Ultimately, no matter what his job description says, Warde Manuel's job is to keep the fan base happy. We are his boss. If he doesn't understand that, then he is the wrong man for the job.

Reaction Score
I really doubt he wants to alienate all of the NBA alums man. come on

Nba alums =car $$ good call. He could have created aa much different feel and helped the program with recruiting with a three year contract with a cheap buyout. I think the real issue is the AD is pissed with calhoun for waiting 6 weeks to throw in the towel and by default calhoun picked the next coach...

Reaction Score
Nba alums =car $$ good call. He could have created aa much different feel and helped the program with recruiting with a three year contract with a cheap buyout. I think the real issue is the AD is pissed with calhoun for waiting 6 weeks to throw in the towel and by default calhoun picked the next coach...

He will help the program we just need to wait 7 months. Don't get me wrong we are in agreement, but I know where Warde is coming from. I think WM is starting to feel the heat from alums and the fan base. Ollie will be the man we just need to wait 1 season before he gets a long term deal and brings in the #1 recruiting class. Sorry Calcheat ;)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sounds so much different when he isn't being formally interviewed.

Reaction Score
Daniels? Talented? Did that 15 and 7 against Maine convince you?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Daniels? Talented? Did that 15 and 7 against Maine convince you?
Daniels has the talent to be any player he wants to be against any level of competition. He has length, quickness, stamina, and a sweet jumpshot. Whatever his shortcomings were last season, talent was the least of it. What would possess someone to post something so ill-conceived?

Reaction Score
^ my 2 cents Daniels couldn't average a dub in prep right now . Forget starting at freaking power forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom