Kevin Willard: "...I can't tell recruits, 'You know what it's like to play at Tulane and East Carolina?" | The Boneyard

Kevin Willard: "...I can't tell recruits, 'You know what it's like to play at Tulane and East Carolina?"

Reaction Score
nasether_LI.jpg

Reaction Score
Has anyone ever asked how Ed Cooley how, with his dearth of players going to the NBA, and his lack of success in the post-season, how it is he's been able to get some great recruits (especially his two big freshman guards last season) to come play for him?
Did he tell them they'll be close to Federal Hill and be able to go off campus to some great restaurants, go downtown to see the water fire and maybe (until his death) be able to hobnob with Buddy Cianci and/or be interviewed by Dan York?
So, maybe he's just worried that he won't get that level recruit with UConn in the mix for New England and Northeast talent.

Reaction Score
Tough to argue with most of his observations. They seem to be on target.

True but also true is we gave the BE security on their return every year to MSG when other conferences were trying to move in.
As my mother in law used to say “ one hand washes the other”. Old Irish saying?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
True but also true is we gave the BE security on their return every year to MSG when other conferences were trying to move in.
As my mother in law used to say “ one hand washes the other”. Old Irish saying?

i think the saying derived from people with dirty hands.

Reaction Score
i think the saying derived from people with dirty hands.
I don’t know if you needling me or you never heard this saying. You do me a favor and at the same time it works for you also.
Please no nasty comments.

Reaction Score
what’s wrong with Ed cooley’s post. What he said is true.Will people stop looking at everything with husky colored glasses makes having any discussion about anything impossible
Agree. What Cooley said was not wrong. I think he was most likely referring to our program right after the Big East breakup and the PP era that followed that. Maybe he was thinking we could have left with the Catholic 7 to form the new Big East, but at the time we were all in on our football program and the AAC...not sure if we had much of a choice though.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I think Cooley is a pretty good guy and a good coach. My brother went to PC and said he used to work out in the students gym and would talk to all the kids about the team and upcoming games. Anyone ever see the video of him and Hurley going at it when Hurley was at URI?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom