Kevin Wilkins OG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Wilkins OG

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like what he had to say in the interview with Farrel. He mentions UCONN a few times and even goes back to UCONN when he is asked about other schools.
He mentions that he needs to up his SAT, which is possible as he seems motivated. I like that he goes both ways on the line.

Reaction Score
except I'm not on your board posting bullspit.
My board?This is the only board I post on unless I comment on a newspaper article!You internet type wiseguys always have too much bs to say hiding behind your keyboards!I'd love to meet you to discuss this further but the internet is a great friend to the cowardly.You may be educated but you don't get courtesy classes in school so as a wise man once said "if you don't have something nice to sayto somebody..say nothing at all"!!

Reaction Score
What the hell's that supposed to mean?
It means if you need a strict father or grandfather figure like you or 1 of the other posters commented on Wilkens a few comments back to motivate you its similar to the reason some go in the Marines!Are you following the posts?

Reaction Score
My board?This is the only board I post on unless I comment on a newspaper article!You internet type wiseguys always have too much bs to say hiding behind your keyboards!I'd love to meet you to discuss this further but the internet is a great friend to the cowardly.You may be educated but you don't get courtesy classes in school so as a wise man once said "if you don't have something nice to sayto somebody..say nothing at all"!!

Listen gramps......your act has grown beyond old. Your internet tough guy act (while ironically ripping internet tough guys) is tiresome. Go away. Rutgers has a board filled with miscreants just like yourself.

By the way, Rutgers admits anyone into the school. Much to my dismay, we have much stricter admissions guidelines than RU. Harrison comes to mind.

Reaction Score
Listen gramps......your act has grown beyond old. Your internet tough guy act (while ironically ripping internet tough guys) is tiresome. Go away. Rutgers has a board filled with miscreants just like yourself.

By the way, Rutgers admits anyone into the school. Much to my dismay, we have much stricter admissions guidelines than RU. Harrison comes to mind.
Who cares?Are we talking sports here Mr Serrano?If not I'll thank you to ignore me or get over being in the position your in.RU's admission standards mean nada to us interested in FB or any other sport!Try the SEC boards if admission standards bug you.RU will be fine but will you?Man,where do the nuts come from in the Nutmeg State?Thank god their a minority or I could see this board become a desert.Tell your esteemed guest Frankthetank how you feel about his opinions if your looking for truth from a midwest view?Can you handle the truth?As I said before to the last sour grape...if you have nothing good to say...Oh well I doubt some of you learned basic manners in your youth so whats the use? I can't understand the vitriol here over the simple comment about Wilkens academic status?If RU/BC/MD/Va could have or if he was eligible he'd have been commited already as beastly 2way LM are in high demand so if UConns standards are higher ...fuhgetaboutit!

Reaction Score
Who cares?Are we talking sports here Mr Serrano?If not I'll thank you to ignore me or get over being in the position your in.RU's admission standards mean nada to us interested in FB or any other sport!Try the SEC boards if admission standards bug you.RU will be fine but will you?Man,where do the nuts come from in the Nutmeg State?Thank god their a minority or I could see this board become a desert.Tell your esteemed guest Frankthetank how you feel about his opinions if your looking for truth from a midwest view?Can you handle the truth?As I said before to the last sour grape...if you have nothing good to say...Oh well I doubt some of you learned basic manners in your youth so whats the use? I can't understand the vitriol here over the simple comment about Wilkens academic status?If RU/BC/MD/Va could have or if he was eligible he'd have been commited already as beastly 2way LM are in high demand so if UConns standards are higher ...fuhgetaboutit!

Get lost. If you think this is about one post you're a bigger idiot than I gave you credit for.

Reaction Score

you should heed your own advice.

Reaction Score
It's too bad only BY posters get banned from these boards.
The 3 musketeers? Thanks for you contribution's to the recruiting page....is this all there is?Whatever happened to real fan HFD?At least he talks UConn recruiting not girlish whining.Please feel free to ignore me.Ever think of that?

Reaction Score
I really like Wilkins' film and was upset we didn't offer him but took questionable projects like Webb (upstate NY) and Heeman (Mt Olive, NJ) on the OL so early. I love him at G or C but have read his grades were poor. I am really hoping he pulls them up and we offer him. Whoever gets this kid is getting a steal, he is flying well under the radar due to his poor performance in the classroom, which is funny to me since he is at a parochial school and parents always champion their education lol. Probably one of the most underrated NJ recruits this season.

Reaction Score
I really like Wilkins' film and was upset we didn't offer him but took questionable projects like Webb (upstate NY) and Heeman (Mt Olive, NJ) on the OL so early. I love him at G or C but have read his grades were poor. I am really hoping he pulls them up and we offer him. Whoever gets this kid is getting a steal, he is flying well under the radar due to his poor performance in the classroom, which is funny to me since he is at a parochial school and parents always champion their education lol. Probably one of the most underrated NJ recruits this season.
Completely agree but don't tell anyone here.BTW,not sure about Webb but I think Heemans a "keeper"!

Reaction Score
It means if you need a strict father or grandfather figure like you or 1 of the other posters commented on Wilkens a few comments back to motivate you its similar to the reason some go in the Marines!Are you following the posts?

Safe to say that if it was that involved of an explanation in your own head that maybe you shouldn't assume everyone will know what your talking about when you leave all of it out of your post. It's not much to ask for. I personally never met anyone in my eight year service that was looking for a father figure from the corps, and to assume as much is a little short sighted to the mission of the corps and those who choose to serve.

Thanks for the info on Wilkens though.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I won't say much more so as not to offend anyone again but I still don't see how we ban our own resident lunatics from The BY while allowing clowns like Nick Newark to post at will.

Reaction Score
Safe to say that if it was that involved of an explanation in your own head that maybe you shouldn't assume everyone will know what your talking about when you leave all of it out of your post. It's not much to ask for. I personally never met anyone in my eight year service that was looking for a father figure from the corps, and to assume as much is a little short sighted to the mission of the corps and those who choose to serve.

Thanks for the info on Wilkens though.
We as grown men didn't always have the wisdom we do now so everyone who joins at 17 or so aren't really sure of anything there doing except for the desire to serve something greater than themselves!btw it was just a thought on my part....how many Marines would you have been bold enough to ask?Ever hear of a funny Gunny?You think they would open up to you because you gave 8 years(I only served 4) though you do have my respect for doing something few can or would?You wouldnt even take the time to follow the posts so I wouldn't need to explain!Is that asking to much of a disciplined former Marine? @As an aside I'm suffering from early onset Alzheimers so my apologies if my messages/posts aren't always as clear as I'd like them to be...Semper Fi, Do or Die!

Reaction Score
We as grown men didn't always have the wisdom we do now so everyone who joins at 17 or so aren't really sure of anything there doing except for the desire to serve something greater than themselves!btw it was just a thought on my part....how many Marines would you have been bold enough to ask?Ever hear of a funny Gunny?You think they would open up to you because you gave 8 years(I only served 4) though you do have my respect for doing something few can or would?You wouldnt even take the time to follow the posts so I wouldn't need to explain!Is that asking to much of a disciplined former Marine? @As an aside I'm suffering from early onset Alzheimers so my apologies if my messages/posts aren't always as clear as I'd like them to be...Semper Fi, Do or Die!

Part of my response may have well been rooted in the booing of a service academy team by RU fans which I still hold very personal. And anyone that knows me can confirm that I am very outspoken so asking someone why they joined never was a problem for me.

I'll chalk it up as a misunderstanding on my part.

Reaction Score
Part of my response may have well been rooted in the booing of a service academy team by RU fans which I still hold very personal. And anyone that knows me can confirm that I am very outspoken so asking someone why they joined never was a problem for me.

I'll chalk it up as a misunderstanding on my part.
Thanks Jerry,were just humans!At least we can try to be considerate when we can!Sometimes in the heat of our understanding of a thread we jump to conclusions to fast.Hope things work out for you guys going into the future.

Reaction Score
FYI, Rutgers officially offered him today. I am hoping we can wrap him up, I like this kid a lot.

Well why wouldn't they since his recruiter got whacked this morning :p

>"They (UCONN) are actually my dream school. I just immediately connected with coach George De Leone he's just like my coach. When he wants something done he's very demanding. Outside football and every thing he's really a good guy. He expects a lot out of people, that's what I like and that's what I need." Wilkins said "From what I've heard he (De Leone) put a lot of people in the NFL. What better coach that's coached at the NFL level for multiple years and is at a college now." Wilkins said<<

Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

>>Maryland, Nebraska, Miami, Boston College, UCF and Temple are additional schools recruiting Wilkins. Although – outside of Rutgers – UConn appears the only other school to have a solid offer out to Wilkins. However, Wilkins says the Huskies releasing head coach Paul Pasqualoni has decreased the school's chances of attaining his pledge.<<

>>Wilkins admits Rutgers is currently his No. 1 school, and will take an unofficial visit to the banks Oct. 11, during St. Joe's bye week. He plans to visit campus with his parents and learn more about the academic side of the institution.<<

Oh well - it happens.

Ah... he probably wouldn't have qualified anyways. ;):D;)

Reaction Score
We have an interim coach. It's going to BE hard to secure pledges until that situation clears itself up. Here's hoping TJ, goes 8-0, and the coaching search ends before it behind.

Reaction Score
We have an interim coach. It's going to BE hard to secure pledges until that situation clears itself up. Here's hoping TJ, goes 8-0, and the coaching search ends before it behind.
Don't wish for 8-0 . IF That's the case he will be the hottest commodity in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom