KEVIN OLLIE! | The Boneyard

KEVIN OLLIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:
How amazing is that guy? Are you kidding me? I know the players win the games, but sheesh. That guy is a helluva coach.

Like 1,000 times.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:
How amazing is that guy? Are you kidding me? I know the players win the games, but sheesh. That guy is a helluva coach.
. He's proven himself beyond comprehension. And much respect to that tough Irish sonofagun Jim Calhoun. He built a miracle of a program in Storrs. He did it from the ground up. And he left remnants of the program that were good enough to make headway towards what they just did. And he believed in Kevin Ollie.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
And as much as this team will be compared to the Kemba Walker one, it's totally different and they did it in their own way. I am so impressed.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score

Weird... I was trying to reply on my phone and it wouldn't load. Switched to my laptop and it had replied already.

Anyhoo, I love this guy!!!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
He is a special human being that I am so happy for!!! Wow- pinch me! Now the girls have to shut Muppet up and relive 2004- go Huskies!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
His performance during the post-game presser was flawless. As Geno would say, really, really, really impressive.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I have been working on the UCONN campus since 1989 & remember when Kevin was a student. He was quiet & conscientious on & off the court. Because I am OLD, I still think of him as that kid & call him Kevin. After yesterday tho, I will do my best to change my thinking. He is deserving of ALL of my respect & I will refer to him as "coach". He certainly has earned it!

Reaction Score
Kevin instilled in this team so much heart! I love their attitudes and their drive and their competitiveness. Even in the face of adversity, these kids just kept plugging and battling. He helped cultivate an inner strength that they needed to survive their arduous path to immortality. Never has a 7th seed done what our Huskies have done. I can truthfully say I was not confident against Michigan State, thinking they were probably overmatched. Then came Florida and though they'd won in December, I felt Florida had GROWN more than had UConn. Finally, they were playing a really hot Kentucky team that had nothing but McDonald All-Americans throughout their entire lineup and guys who were not only skilled but also great athletes with great size. Grinding it out, particularly on the defensive side, he masterfully directed the troops with a lot of help from his captain and leader, Shabazz, to handle all that Kentucky had to offer and win a 4th UConn national championship. What a coach, what a team, what a University. I hope the women play to their ability and bring a 9th title to Storrs to duplicate the feat of 2004 when UConn became the only school in NCAA history to have the men and women win the national championship in basketball in the same season. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
My only concern is how long until he starts showing up on every candidate list every time there is an opening some where else? Love the idea of a coach staying at one place for a long time, but that may be an unrealistic expectation.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
My only concern is how long until he starts showing up on every candidate list every time there is an opening some where else? Love the idea of a coach staying at one place for a long time, but that may be an unrealistic expectation.

KO is staying and Warde Manuel has already told the media they are talking extension as soon as everyone gets back to Storrs. KO loves his U.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I don't think he would diss his alma mater and Calhoun like that. But in this day and age I suppose anything is possible. Now, would he take a head job in the NBA?

Reaction Score
I was thinking, "Hey, they played like (the) girls!" in a good way<G>.

Kevin got them to buy-in.

They played like a team - employed "lock-down" defense and could shoot free-throws - in remarkable fashion.

PS: I thought I heard him say his entire staff are UCONN Alums. If true, that would be amazing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There was a very nice moment at the end of the game when the chaos was breaking out on the court. Ollie looked out at the court and then turns and started walking quietly along the sideline. He turns back and looks and has a countenance of satisfaction as he looks out on the team. He seemed to be taking the moment into himself. It was special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is a special human being that I am so happy for!!! Wow- pinch me! Now the girls have to shut Muppet up and relive 2004- go Huskies!
There was a very nice moment at the end of the game when the chaos was breaking out on the court. Ollie looked out at the court and then turn and started walking quietly. He turns back and looks and has a countenance of satisfaction as he looks out. He seemed to be taking the moment into himself. It was special.
I don't think he believes he's awake yet. I just can't comprehend a first year coaching in the NCAA tournament with record of 6-0 and a National championship.:) SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Hopefully some of the best recruits will be swarming the campus now. KO has to make the most of this ASAP.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I can't see him going anywhere, unless it's the NBA. He seems very happy, and I'm sure UConn will pay him what he's worth.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Many coaches leave to step up to a bigger program or to make more money. Where could KO go to be at a bigger program when he's already coaching one of the elite teams? As for money, the AD has already said he's going to renegotiate KO's contract. I'm not seeing big motivation for Kevin to leave.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Great coach that should lead UCONN to great things for years to come. He seems like a genuine and caring man. I wish he would work on his grammar a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom