Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie to be Nets Interim Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, it wasn't, but even if it was, paying KO not to Coach so that we could get Dan Hurley in here was one of the best investments the program has ever made.
11.1 million then additional 3.9 million?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
11.1 million then additional 3.9 million?
I actually thought it was 13 million and change including legal fees. I just checked and I think you're right Let's call it 15 million altogether. But here's the thing, doesn't it make more sense to celebrate the current season than obsessing about something that's been decided and paid for? KO moved on. Maybe we should as well?

I don't know, I guess some people just love being miserable. Feel free to get the last word in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I actually thought it was 13 million and change including legal fees. I just checked and I think you're right Let's call it 15 million altogether. But here's the thing, doesn't it make more sense to celebrate the current season than obsessing about something that's been decided and paid for? KO moved on. Maybe we should as well?

I don't know, I guess some people just love being miserable. Feel free to get the last word in.
I moved on. He should have been fired….for performance. The show cause was the NCAA saying he lied with no actual proof. Too bad it ended that way. Still turned out ok for everyone.

Reaction Score
I don't get that analogy at all. Bad free throw shooting = deliberately throwing your favorite sports team into the dumpster?

Here's a better one. You give money to a wealth manager. He does well for a few years and even way outperforms the market 1 year. You're happy with his performance but then, for reasons you can't explain, he negligently stops doing his job in a bull market and loses you a bunch of money. You're O.K. with that?

Whatever. Time to move on. I recovered all my money in the last few years investing in Apple, Microsoft and Nvidia. :)
That’s a very good analogy. You can even throw in that your broker is suspended by the SEC, loses all of your money over the course of 2-3 years, but sues his firm and recovers his commissions while your money is still gone.

I don’t thing anyone really gives a F if he got divorced anywhere in the scenario above.

Reaction Score
chris evans GIF

I guess the NBA is desperate.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I moved on. He should have been fired….for performance. The show cause was the NCAA saying he lied with no actual proof. Too bad it ended that way. Still turned out ok for everyone.
I’ve burned the situation from my memory but now that it’s being brought up to rejog my memory this was the thing… the school tried to find a loophole not to pay him when they shouldn’t have. It was as simple as that.

They made it a lot messier of a situation than it needed to be.

Reaction Score
Yeah because you know more about what it takes to win a national championship and coach in the best basketball league in the world than they do.
Dude, it's the Nets. Smart decision making isn't their thing.

Ollie will somehow probably fail his way up and coach USA basketball next. He must have pictures of some very important people in compromising positions with donkeys.

Reaction Score
Dude, it's the Nets. Smart decision making isn't their thing.

Ollie will somehow probably fail his way up and coach USA basketball next. He must have pictures of some very important people in compromising positions with donkeys.
Yup and that must be how he won a title.

Reaction Score
Try adding some substance for a change.
LOL! Did I hurt your feelings Donny? No substance needed we already know the wreck that KO was in the locker room after his ugly divorce. Stop fooling your self thinking there is a good side to KO the coach. NBA or not. There is a reason why he never was hired by another college again and is only an interim head coach in the NBA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL! Did I hurt your feelings Donny?
Not at all. Just adding nothing to the conversation. You can easily find my real name searching the board. Unlike many I have never hidden my identity.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie's coaching job in the 2014 NCAA tournament remains the best coaching "hot streak" I've ever seen. Every move he made was gold. Things worked out for the best with us getting Hurley, but like most UConn fans, I'll be rooting for KO with the Nets, or wherever his career takes him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom