Kevin Ollie Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ollie today:
Pick Up Money GIF by DaBaby

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oddly enough, paying this guy $15 million not to coach the men’s basketball team anymore was probably one of the better investments the University has ever made.

Reaction Score
I clicked this thinking it was going to be about Ollie building a new house and where it was located, silly me!

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, paying this guy $15 million not to coach the men’s basketball team anymore was probably one of the better investments the University has ever made.
That depended if they offered him the severance to go quietly
He would have jumped a 1+ million a year in 10 yearly installments. That a lot less painful and cheaper . There would have been no rift in the family and bitterness and UConn not only would have saved 3.9million but the legal fees and bad publicity.
Benedict screwed up in signing the extension ( 2016) without due diligence. Everyone but Benedict knew about KO’s state .
Then came up with crazy “for cause “ scorched earth plan. Dragging in UConn legends .
That’s failure of monumental proportions. Ollie needed an intervention not an extension.

Reaction Score
I've never cared for the UCONN's approach to this case. I felt they signed a contract with someone. Then refused to honor the contract. Then manufactured slanderous reasons why they shouldn't honor the contract. Others obviously disagree with that statement, but in my opinion this is now legal fact.

I'm not impressed with my University

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Next step should be permanently banning him from ever stepping foot on Storrs. Good riddance with this loser.
On what basis, him being a bad coach or getting every penny the courts deemed he was owed?

It was a calculated risk by the university to fire him for cause. Turned out to not be a great one.

Reaction Score
Hung on much to long but it's over and time to let it go into the dust bin of history.

Reaction Score
I think it all proves how little we all know about the law on stuff like this (there were a few who nailed it). My armchair read was that he had no chance….. couldn’t have been more wrong. His lawyers knew what they were doing and are sure smiling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom