Kevin Ollie Receives Highest Of Praise From Rick Pitino | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Receives Highest Of Praise From Rick Pitino

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-jacobs-column-1018-20121017,0,511544.column

"I don't know the new athletic director [Warde Manuel], but I can say this: There's not a coach in the country Connecticut can hire that's better than Kevin Ollie," the Louisville coach said Wednesday at Big East Media Day. "He's extremely bright. The players are going to love him. Technically, he's very sound at the game of basketball. Overachiever as a player, college and pro. He attended UConn."

He received a ton of praise from Big East coaches and Rick Barnes. I feel they are happy for KO and respect him, but they are more pleased that JC is out of the picture, and UConn has a rookie coach replacing him.

Go get 'em KO!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That random anonymous story from an NBA player about players cheating on wives...

NOT THAT LONG AGO, THE MAG'S NFL Player X (whoever he is) estimated that 30% of married NFL players cheat on their wives. I was surprised to hear it was that low. In the NBA, I think it's closer to 60%. When you get a bunch of young, rich guys together, infidelity can be contagious. It's like high school-the young guys watch the older players to see how things are done.
Respected vets like Kevin Ollie or Derek Fisher set good examples, though, for guys across the NBA. There are a lot of players who stick in this league for way longer than they should because they're family men who keep rookies in check. They'll call you out on your dumb mistakes. I know the vets I played with early on helped keep me straight. They'd warn me off the groupies who'd been going after NBA players for years.

Gotta love having a mentor like that for college kids. They're getting a head start on living the right way while in the NBA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rick Pitino is talking out of his ass.

So tired of that chicken-necked freak show offering his opinion on anything and everything.

Reaction Score
No one ever had a bad word for Dom Perno. Looie and Rollie especially.

Why would they after all they had 2 easy wins on their schedule automatically per year as long as he stayed in Storrs.......!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom