Kevin Ollie mania about to take over college basketball | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie mania about to take over college basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The new "Top Dog" in the college coaching world coaches in Storrs and nobody can say anything but great things about the man.

Take the "Brad Stevens is the best young coach in college basketball" talk from a few years ago and triple it, that is what is about to go mainstream. All of those inside the locker room stories of NBA superstars being mentored by Ollie will probably now become a book.

Sorry rest of the country, he is ours and you can't have him.

Sports Center just kicked off with the phrase "Welcome to Olliewood". You better believe it.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Need to pay that man his money. Lock him up LONG term and give him a match guarantee for any NBA offer. The vultures will be swirling for him but he's ours and we love him and we aren't going to let him go!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The new "Top Dog" in the college coaching world coaches in Storrs and nobody can say anything but great things about the man.

Take the "Brad Stevens is the best young coach in college basketball" talk from a few years ago and triple it, that is what is about to go mainstream. All of those inside the locker room stories of NBA superstars being mentored by Ollie will probably now become a book.

Sorry rest of the country, he is ours and you can't have him.

Sports Center just kicked off with the phrase "Welcome to Olliewood". You better believe it.

Stevens has no street cred. Ollie has that, but more importantly, the guy is a basketball genius.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I want an "Olliewood" T-shirt

Reaction Score
Lets get briscoe. and boatwright from cali

Reaction Score
Think about this. What if KO was never recruited or never committed to UConn. One decision can change the course of history in such a big way. We are so blessed.

So may what ifs... Travis Best and Kevin Ollie offered the schollie and Kevin takes it first. Boatwright commits to WVU then decommits after they recruit over him. We strike out with our elite 4 PG prospects and Shabazz reclassifies and commits to Uconn. And a real biggie, what if Amida does not make the basket and 1 against St Joes..season ends in first round.. Thank you NCAA ..Karma

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Sportscenter is running a spot on KO highlighting all of the superstar pros he mentored
I just saw this, can you all perceive the impact this will have on recruiting in the years to come??? Imagine being a 17 year old, african-american (dont mean to stereotype but thats usually the case) who sees a young, energetic guy like Kevin Ollie who speaks like him, looks like him, impresses his parents with his composure (and religious beliefs), and just came off an incredible NCAA Championship run in the VERY FIRST YEAR he was eligible. I have no doubt in my mind, that in the future UConn will have a UK, KU, UNC, DUKE level of attraction to recruits. Great season guys, and long live Kevin Ollie, Shabazz Napier, and most importantly UConn Basketball.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tommyboy said:
doesnt it always seem that our best moments are born from some knucklehead deciding uconn isn't for him?

LOL at that kid who picked playing for Gottfried over Ollie.

Reaction Score
Stevens is a solid coach, but always thought he was a tad overrated. Calhoun took him out to the woodshed in every facet of the game in 2011. That game was ugly, but was also a clinic in game-planning and outcoaching the other guy.

Reaction Score
can't even imagine how much juice KO is going to have on the recruiting trail once the spring/summer recruiting period starts, he's gonna own the gyms once he walks in

Wish I could like this 100 times.

Reaction Score
Need to pay that man his money. Lock him up LONG term and give him a match guarantee for any NBA offer. The vultures will be swirling for him but he's ours and we love him and we aren't going to let him go!

Haven't seen the rest of the thread but I agree with this 100%. If Ollie stays at UConn 20+ years I'd be absolutely shocked if he doesn't add at least a couple more titles to go along with a plethora of legendary UConn players.

We need to do whatever necessary to keep Ollie away from okc or wherever else. Clearly a man who can win a title in his 2nd year with the issues he's been dealt with is a very special person. I would probably literally cry if Ollie left at this point.

Reaction Score
Ollie's freshman year, I was sitting in Memorial Stadium waiting for the football game to start and KO comes along with some other teammates and sits right in front of me. If someone had said to me "that guy in front of you is going to take over for Calhoun and win a National Championship the next year" ........................................

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Ollie's freshman year, I was sitting in Memorial Stadium waiting for the football game to start and KO comes along with some other teammates and sits right in front of me. If someone had said to me "that guy in front of you is going to take over for Calhoun and win a National Championship the next year" ..........

Yeah, I remember talking to Ollie very quickly when he was in my dorm a couple days after the big providence win (donny's clapping and KO going the length of the court) and telling him what an awesome drive that was. He was incredibly gracious even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom