Kevin Ollie in running for Piston Job? | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie in running for Piston Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When he’s focused he can coach. This might be the right time for him in the Pro’s
And he doesn’t have to worry about recruiting which was a weak point for him, albeit much more difficult in the American. He may have a little input into developing a roster, but it’s the GM that calls the shots and constructs the team.

Reaction Score
That is a guy on twitter twittering names. I doubt KO is actually on their list.

I hope for his sake that he is, but the gentleman tweeting this is not an insider. It holds as much weight as if you or I tweeted it.

Until Woj, Shams or Stein tweet it I agree it's probably not true.

caw

Reaction Score
Know he is no longer with overtime Elite but was he considered successful there?

They are way outside my knowledge base. I’m not even a casual fan of that team.

Reaction Score
Shocked no one wondered why he was out of OTE? Maybe cannot hold a job? Now you claim he has some kind of shot for NBA team? Homerism much? He is gradually fading into the background noise…

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It always felt like Ollie was a better fit at the pro level for coaching. Would be awesome if he got that job.

Was just having this discussion yesterday. He definitely could coach and lead, before things fell apart. Maybe just wasn't cut out for the recruiting, player dev, and overall program management.

I'm more or less indifferent towards Ollie and his relationship with UConn at this point but if he gets the gig I hope he does well.

Reaction Score
Shocked no one wondered why he was out of OTE? Maybe cannot hold a job? Now you claim he has some kind of shot for NBA team? Homerism much? He is gradually fading into the background noise…
I honestly thought the reason he stepped down from OTE was because something better was in the works. I didn’t think It would be a HC job in the NBA. I figured he would get in somewhere as an assistant and work his way up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Know he is no longer with overtime Elite but was he considered successful there?

They are way outside my knowledge base. I’m not even a casual fan of that team.

His job at Overtime Elite was called Head of Coaching and Player Development. In reality, his job was having the name Kevin Ollie.

He was very successful in that regard.

Reaction Score
And he doesn’t have to worry about recruiting which was a weak point for him, albeit much more difficult in the American. He may have a little input into developing a roster, but it’s the GM that calls the shots and constructs the team.
It was the American. Wasn't attractive for Uconn on any level including recruiting.

Reaction Score
Low risk, low reward team.

Bad team for a while. Expectations can't be through the roof.

Any upward movement in the standings will elevate his status as their coach.

Maybe, they will get Wembayana and take off. He's been around the pro's for a bit before UConn. So, why not?

Reaction Score
The Pistons have a solid core of young guys and if they get Wemby - they could be in contention in a few years.

Cade, Ivey, Duren and Wemby would be a solid core. Wiseman, who they got at the trade deadline, has been putting up some good numbers as well.

Reaction Score
There was buzz a college coach was going to the pros and now Howard is in contention for the Detroit job. I believe his son is going pro so would be good timing in that regard.

Reaction Score
I can only speak for myself and I won't attempt to speak for the rest of Husky Nation. I would be really pleased for Kevin Ollie if he does land the Detroit Pistons head coaching job.
He’d be a good man coach. Only issue is it is the pistons. They get Wembayama with Cade Cunningham, watch out

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No one will want that job. The Pistons suck, so say what you want about low expectations, it is the NBA, and back to back 20ish win seasons, which are the next two likely seasons for the Pistons, will end a coach’s career, forever. Whoever takes that job will make decent money for two years, and then be selling insurance.

A lot of people would have to say “no” to get to Ollie anyway. Ollie should look for a mid-major HC job. Someone must be getting fired in the American or A10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom