Kevin Ollie, Future or Not? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie, Future or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No. The APR bogus situation reduced scholarships, created a postseason ban, and that impacted recruiting. JC suffered his third bout of cancer and I'm sure kids were wondering how long he was going to be at UConn. Opposing coaches would probably say something like JC's a great coach so you couldn't be wrong playing for him as long as he doesn't have to retire because of his cancer. Recruiting is ugly. Those things plus his illness probably impacted his ability to contact recruits are the major reason recruiting suffered recently imo.

I understand all that. But you really think the APR thing was bogus? We had one kid graduate over a significant stretch of time. Grades were lousy. And it wasn't like they all went pro. All this followed the Nate Miles fiasco.
Look, we would be nowhere w/o JC. I don't know anyone who could have done what he did for UCONN. Plus, he didn't run off for more money when he could have. But it got away from him at the end. We see this one differently Fleudslipcon.

Reaction Score
Gavid 72 said:
I understand all that. But you really think the APR thing was bogus? We had one kid graduate over a significant stretch of time. Grades were lousy. And it wasn't like they all went pro. All this followed the Nate Miles fiasco. Look, we would be nowhere w/o JC. I don't know anyone who could have done what he did for UCONN. Plus, he didn't run off for more money when he could have. But it got away from him at the end. We see this one differently Fleudslipcon.

Retroactive punishment after changing the rules? Bogus. No way that happens to unc (fake classes notwithstanding) duke, Kansas etc

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I understand all that. But you really think the APR thing was bogus? We had one kid graduate over a significant stretch of time. Grades were lousy. And it wasn't like they all went pro. All this followed the Nate Miles fiasco.
Look, we would be nowhere w/o JC. I don't know anyone who could have done what he did for UCONN. Plus, he didn't run off for more money when he could have. But it got away from him at the end. We see this one differently Fleudslipcon.
Oh come on. If the NCAA wants to get serious about cracking down on academics they've got a weird way of showing it. The APR thing was made up, and had very little to do with academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon
Top Bottom