Kevin Ollie - Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie - Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I sometimes think I just don't agree with any of you.

DeAndre? Missing link? Etc etc

My biggest heartburn on this Team would first be addressed by another Kromah. Glue guy. (Or Giffey). You just have the feel that ONLY Boatright plays smart at the times that count. I don't think you can ever say that the others won't. Each & all of them lack court experience at this level. You freaking having Brimah as a second captain; a guy who was looping along in dirt roads in Africa when Kemba was king. I have high hopes for T Samuels. And Omar. And see Purvis with potential. NONE of them can be counted on. NONE are glue like a Kromah could think through game situation.

Talent? I'm thinking we ARE not UK. We develop talent over years. And WE do need smarts on the court. We have scant evidence ... But Remember the Great Al McGuire sayings. They will get better (or most of them).

True, Pudge, but then again most other teams get better with more experience

Reaction Score
The point is ... We are lacking solid experienced guys. I think we are far better next year ... Even with a FR PG.

We do need another ball handler. Dorsey please.

Reaction Score
It's mostly the lack of experience and talent outside of Boat right. But, for all the preseason hype of people visiting practice etc I feel led to believe it would never be this bad. And. Some of the stuff on the court seems like coaching could fix it unless as some must be contending we have guys with paired low bball. IQ and experience that need more than a regular amount of coaching. I don't think we have extraordinarily difficult to coach kids. So at some level it's on the coaching. And we would be right saying this about any coach. No coach is above scrutiny. I also hate spell check on my phone. I amean blaming Boeheim, for this

Reaction Score
He was great with experienced players, but can he take inexperienced and unpolished kids and turn them into champions? That has yet to be seen. Also, multiple championships are a must. This isn't Memphis, PC, or syracuse. One championship in a lifetime is not acceptable.

Reaction Score
He was great with experienced players, but can he take inexperienced and unpolished kids and turn them into champions? That has yet to be seen. Also, multiple championships are a must. This isn't Memphis, PC, or syracuse. One championship in a lifetime is not acceptable.

When they are all "unpolished and inexperienced" it's an unfair judgement. Now let's agree part of that is on him as he is part of the recruiting process. But they have a very low basketball IQ on this particular group of kids and some of the horses that will be required to drive may never bring that number up. You can't coach kids who don't learn to stop doing stupid things. That's not on the coach sorry, either you have that or you don't. So far this year, there's a couple who make the same mistakes time and time again. Call it young if you want, but when you're in your 2nd year at UConn and it's still happening there's a chance you may never improve in this area. All of you can believe that the coaches are neglecting these mistakes and not going over them on film etc etc, but they are. And stupid is stupid. That's not on the staff. Let's see as next year comes along but I am nervous about this team, think they need to get a couple more players of impact through transfers, JC or kids who want out of commitments.

Reaction Score
He's a good coach and a good recruiter, anyone hand picked by JC should be given the benefit of the doubt. He'll turn it around. Enoch and Brimah will be a nasty combo next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom