Kevin Ollie’s lawyers ask for depositions from NCAA president Mark Emmert and national search firm as contract dispute with UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie’s lawyers ask for depositions from NCAA president Mark Emmert and national search firm as contract dispute with UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Then how do you explain KO no longer wanting Calhoun at daily practices? You obviously don’t understand how analytically honest Calhoun and Blaney could be. These dudes are absolutely brutally honest and brilliant breaking down basketball. It’s pure basketball, no BS. They are going to identify everything you are doing wrong and how it needs to be fixed. KO got to the point where he did not want to hear it anymore and he had someone else to occupy his time by then.

Daily? I'm pretty sure that would be a violation of some sort?

C

Chief00

Daily? I'm pretty sure that would be a violation of some sort?
@casual-yardin - at some point you need to gather some awareness, you are on the sinking ship KO. Chief tried to help KO move on with his life but he’s either much different than he used to be or his true self has surfaced. There’s a bitterness that I never thought was part of his make-up and at some point he can no longer hide behind that’s what his lawyers are doing. Over two years in, there’s no separation between KO and his attorneys. They are doing what they are doing because that’s what Kevin wants even if he’s ignorant about the legalities.

Reaction Score
@casual-yardin - at some point you need to gather some awareness, you are on the sinking ship KO. Chief tried to help KO move on with his life but he’s either much different than he used to be or his true self has surfaced. There’s a bitterness that I never thought was part of his make-up and at some point he can no longer hide behind that’s what his lawyers are doing. Over two years in, there’s no separation between KO and his attorneys. They are doing what they are doing because that’s what Kevin wants even if he’s ignorant about the legalities.

You're not addressing my point. If Hall of Fame former coaches were allowed to come to daily practices wouldn't every school have one employed in their AD?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're not addressing my point. If Hall of Fame former coaches were allowed to come to daily practices wouldn't every school have one employed in their AD?
I'll address it, if you are being serious.

Former HOF coaches, the janitor, or even you and I can attend practices as long as the head coach is okay with it.* As far as I am aware there is no prohibition against it. There are only a limited number of people who can coach players, but if Calhoun wanted to sit every practice and then kibbutz with Hurley afterwards, there isn't any NCAA rule that I am aware of that would prevent it.

*If the head coach is not okay with it, obviously, you will not be staying. I speak from experience here, although I have to say Hobbsy was very nice (almost apologetic) about it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There aren't that many of them. And this one coached here and was still employed at the time.

Reaction Score
I'll address it, if you are being serious.

Former HOF coaches, the janitor, or even you and I can attend practices as long as the head coach is okay with it.* As far as I am aware there is no prohibition against it. There are only a limited number of people who can coach players, but if Calhoun wanted to sit every practice and then kibbutz with Hurley afterwards, there isn't any NCAA rule that I am aware of that would prevent it.

*If the head coach is not okay with it, obviously, you will not be staying. I speak from experience here, although I have to say Hobbsy was very nice (almost apologetic) about it.
I thought JC still had an office prior to DH being hired.. He had some position with the University that allowed him "a place to go" out of respect for his contribution to UConn as a coach /significant donor/Good Will Ambassador for the University..DH commented occasionally on how cool it was to walk down the hall to bounce ideas off of a HOF coach.. Once JC got the St Joe's gig.. That changed.. Great opportunity for DH..

C

Chief00

As a KO fan boy you should be thrilled Jim did that for two seasons or KO never would have won the NC in 2014. Jim never actively coached or instructed players - other than pushed a few buttons. The comment to Daniels before the FL game that nobody knows his name comes to mind. Current and former coaches talk all the time including the Hurley boys.

Reaction Score
As a KO fan boy you should be thrilled Jim did that for two seasons or KO never would have won the NC in 2014. Jim never actively coached or instructed players - other than pushed a few buttons. The comment to Daniels before the FL game that nobody knows his name comes to mind. Current and former coaches talk all the time including the Hurley boys.
I hear your noise Chief.. JC was always available to both KO/DH for input if asked..Ironically.. One of "his guys" didn't take advantage of the opportunity as did DH.. Still scratching my head on that.. Time to turn the page..

Reaction Score

Was Chief ahead of, or behind you on the way out ?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah but JC stole that line from the promoter in Rocky when Rocky tells him the big poster in the Spectrum has Rocky in red with white trim and Rock tells him he's wearing white with red trim.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah but JC stole that line from the promoter in Rocky when Rocky tells him the big poster in the Spectrum has Rocky in red with white trim and Rock tells him he's wearing white with red trim.
“ it doesn’t matter, does it? I’m sure you’ll give us a great show.“

C

Chief00

I think one of the strengths from Calhoun’s approach is after the introspection about our team, we were basically confident and bullet proof. In general, no opponent could do something we weren’t prepared for from within. We also would know, exactly what we needed to take away from our opponent and how to do that. The process might have been brutal, but the end results were glorious.

Reaction Score
I think one of the strengths from Calhoun’s approach is after the introspection about our team, we were basically confident and bullet proof. In general, no opponent could do something we weren’t prepared for from within. We also would know, exactly what we needed to take away from our opponent and how to do that. The process might have been brutal, but the end results were glorious.
JC would play to his team's strengths.. And exploit his opponent's weaknesses through scouting and game planning.. I really thought he evolved into an excellent in game coach over his career at Uconn.. The early BE years were challenging.. Mike K said that playing vs JC was always a very difficult challenge.. Was an out of the box thinker.. Great coach who loved his players..

Reaction Score
I hear your noise Chief.. JC was always available to both KO/DH for input if asked..Ironically.. One of "his guys" didn't take advantage of the opportunity as did DH.. Still scratching my head on that.. Time to turn the page..
It's obvious. KO wanted to make it HIS program after that championship in 2014. And burned bridges in the process.

Reaction Score
It's obvious. KO wanted to make it HIS program after that championship in 2014. And burned bridges in the process.
IMO..The irony was that KO had JC guys as assistants..Helping with X'sand O's.. JC in his ear.. After he won in 2014.. Those guys didn't exist

C

Chief00

Chief finally figured things out. Off the court, KO had a passive aggressive personality - so in his mind he put up with Calhoun for a couple years. Once he won his NC in 2014 he dropped the passive part in his key relationships and the rest is history.

Reaction Score
Chief finally figured things out. Off the court, KO had a passive aggressive personality - so in his mind he put up with Calhoun for a couple years. Once he won his NC in 2014 he dropped the passive part in his key relationships and the rest is history.
One of these days..Don't know when.. KO has to look in the mirror..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
he coached only 6 seasons and has as many NC's as Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads