Kevin Mensah Looks Like He Got Massive | The Boneyard

Kevin Mensah Looks Like He Got Massive

Reaction Score
There's some irony in this thread and his caption. Hoping that his caption indicates he's turned things around and will see the field this summer/fall. We need the depth.

Reaction Score
Sounds a little disgruntled to me.
Just guessing here but with the emergence of O’Reilly at the Spring game and Dante Black coming in, wondering if he’s feeling like things are a little crowded now? It’s way easier for these young men to take the route of anger and vindictiveness after being benched because of off field issues rather than looking in the mirror, manning up, correcting the mistakes and competing your way out the dog house.
Way easier to say it’s the coaches fault or that the coach doesn’t support me so I’ll go elsewhere.
I hope he fights through it.
If not, next man up.

Reaction Score
Just guessing here but with the emergence of O’Reilly at the Spring game and Dante Black coming in, wondering if he’s feeling like things are a little crowded now? It’s way easier for these young men to take the route of anger and vindictiveness after being benched because of off field issues rather than looking in the mirror, manning up, correcting the mistakes and competing your way out the dog house.
Way easier to say it’s the coaches fault or that the coach doesn’t support me so I’ll go elsewhere.
If not, next man up.

Interested to see how Black does as a true frosh as his tape looked great. However, I think Mensah is the best back on the roster right now. So dissapointing he couldn’t get academics in order for spring. I’m still expecting big things.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Interested to see how Black does as a true frosh as his tape looked great. However, I think Mensah is the best back on the roster right now. So dissapointing he couldn’t get academics in order for spring. I’m still expecting big things.

Yeah, Mensah is definitely a good back and seems like a good kid, I think he'll be fine. He looks like someone with a body type that naturally carries a lot of muscle, and he came in and competed for us as just a kid. He should be pretty good this year, and Hopkins seems to have taken a big step forward as long as he can stay healthy. I think we could do a decent job running the ball this year barring injuries since we're stupid thin there.

Reaction Score
If not, next man up.

This is your hottest take yet.

Reaction Score
This is your hottest take yet.
I think the truth is probably the exact opposite of his take. I read that as Mensah has recognized his mistakes, and has turned it around. We'll find out eventually.

Reaction Score
If not, next man up.

I don’t see anywhere where he is being vindictive or angry. I think it is going to drive him.

Reaction Score
Bigger isn't always better for running backs.

Tiki Barber lost a lot of quickness when he bulked up to be more durable. He had to lose that weight to become the runner we all remember.

Donald Brown went up just a few pounds his sophomore year and he had the worst numbers of his UConn career.

Some guys gain weight and get better. But not all guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If not, next man up.

This only makes sense if you're a Hartford-area homer trying to clear the stable so that Khyon Gillespie gets more PT over the next few years.

Reaction Score
Bigger isn't always better for running backs.

Tiki Barber lost a lot of quickness when he bulked up to be more durable. He had to lose that weight to become the runner we all remember.

Donald Brown went up just a few pounds his sophomore year and he had the worst numbers of his UConn career.

Some guys gain weight and get better. But not all guys.

Saquon Barkley's work effort/regimen and resulting impressive strength and size has certainly enhanced his game.

How Saquon Barkley Lifts for Penn State and Gets Shredded

Reaction Score
This only makes sense if you're a Hartford-area homer trying to clear the stable so that Khyon Gillespie gets more PT over the next few years.
I actually like Mensah a lot and believe he should be the starting back, however, I am a bit of an idealist when it comes to the term student athlete. Playing football is a privilege not a right. No matter how good on the field or how nice a kid is off the field you have to earn the right to play on a Saturdays. It’s that simple for me.
Like I said in my prior post, I hope he fights through it because I do believe in redemption.

Reaction Score
Oh and I do miss the heck out of the Whalers....Almost moved to the Carolinas when they sadly left.
Almost burnt down the building when Francis was sent packing
Liut will always be my guy!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Only on the BY can one poster suggest Mensah will leave the team because a walk-on scored a couple TDs in the spring game while another suggests he'll become Saquan Barkley
Haha
Was just responded to what I interpreted his comments to mean.
Again, a lot of these kids don’t like being held accountable- especially academically. And when you take football away it gets to them. Most coaches wouldn’t have done what HC Edsall did because they’re afraid of players checking out- especially when it’s your returning player who you would have needed for production.
Not sure what you saw but talent and toughness stand out to me. I don’t care if it’s a walk on or a pee on.
That kid will be in the mix for sure. He’s tough to tackle.
Danny Woodhead like

Reaction Score
Only on the BY can one poster suggest Mensah will leave the team because a walk-on scored a couple TDs in the spring game while another suggests he'll become Saquan Barkley

Barkley is a rare talent with immense strength as a result of hours in the weight room. My post was a response to Palatine's who inferred that bigger wasn't always better. Obviously that doesn't apply to Barkley.

I hope and expect great things from Mensah, a track guy who like Barley runs a 4.4 40. Hopefully Mensah's speed and flexibility won't be diminished by bulking up (Palatine) and the added work will make him even more difficult to tackle. You misconstrued it if you thought I was suggesting Mensah will become Saquan Barkley. Quite a stretch as Saquan Barkey's are a rarity.

Reaction Score
Barkley is a rare talent with immense strength as a result of hours in the weight room. My post was a response to Palatine's who inferred that bigger wasn't always better. Obviously that doesn't apply to Barkley.

I hope and expect great things from Mensah, a track guy who like Barley runs a 4.4 40. Hopefully Mensah's speed and flexibility won't be diminished by bulking up (Palatine) and the added work will make him even more difficult to tackle. You misconstrued it if you thought I was suggesting Mensah will become Saquan Barkley. Quite a stretch as Saquan Barkey's are a rarity.
The BY is rife with misconstruing

Reaction Score
The BY is rife with misconstruing
If not, next man up.

Oh the irony...:cool:

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member