Kevin Freeman retained | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Freeman retained

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
With all due respect, why would Hurley want any transition from KO’s regime?
With all due respect, perhaps Coach DH and AD David Benedict see something they like about KFree
Also, some of the returning players really need a familiar face and ear to turn to if needed, every coach realizes this important aspect. I have coached several teams and have always looked to keep someone from the previous regime.
While KFree and KO are very close, KFree will perform his duties in the coaching ranks as he did as a player - all out 100% for the team.
I am extremely pleased that he is returning and think it will mean a lot to some of the kids.
CONGRATS KFREE

Reaction Score
The only thing similar that I can think of is during the 2011-12 season when we had Karl Hobbs as Director of Basketball Administration and Kevin Freeman as Assistant Director of Administration.

Thanks. Looks like they kept that titles that each guy previously had but Freeman is listed higher in hierarchy/seniority.

Could still signal this is a short-term situation. Once Hurley's new guy learns the ropes after a year or two will Freeman need to move on.

Reaction Score
This is a great outcome.

Don't water down the coaching staff, but keep on board a guy who's right for the job he has.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Again to my question above, have we had both a DOA and Dir. of Bball Ops employed at the same time previously? Hearing the description of what Hurley's new hire DOBO sounded to me like the same thing that Freeman was doing as DOA.

IIRC if either the DOA or the DOBO are DOA then HC D H could direct either the surviving DOA/DOBO to immediately assume the job functions of the other. Of course if both the DOA and the DOBO are DOA then the basketball admin side is SOL. I think AD D B would then make an emergency hire but YMMV.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Seeing purvis and Brimahs tweets explains this hire. The kids must like him, he’s reportedly good at whatever he does, and he’s another connection to the old regime.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
While bragging about Championships, it is good to have coaches that directly participated. Helps to show the continuity of greatness.

Having Moore and KFree allows ex-players to feel connected to the program.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, if the Director of Basketball Administration factors into anything above 0.5 wins from his input at a coaching level, the entire coaching staff should be fired.

Keeping Freeman in that position as a familiar face and a point of continuity for the current players, as well as a well-liked "family" member that the former players can remain in contact with is a very low-risk, high-reward move for Dan Hurley.
Fair point, I’m actually very glad Hurley brought KFree back, and very happy for him. Especially with this specific role it does make perfect sense. I just don’t think Hurley had to fear not having a transitional figure in place. I think the kids will buy into what he and the coaches are selling and retain the important pieces either way.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
With all due respect, why would Hurley want any transition from KO’s regime?

With all due respect, taking for granted that you are less informed than he is, why would you question Hurley’s decision to retain Kevin Freeman?

Freeman actually has a pretty good reputation. He’s going to make a living at this coaching thing.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Mr. Pink survived and took off with the loot.

I'm pretty sure after Mr. Pink leaves the warehouse, you can hear the Police arrive and voices/gunshots(maybe? been awhile since I've seen the movie). Strong implication there that he didn't survive or got captured.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, taking for granted that you are less informed than he is, why would you question Hurley’s decision to retain Kevin Freeman?

Freeman actually has a pretty good reputation. He’s going to make a living at this coaching thing.
Quite frankly with all due respect, I was actually rooting for KFree to get the final assistant coaching spot. Nothing against KFree, I’m glad he’s back. I was simply saying I didn’t think Hurley needed to feel pressured to retain anyone from the previous staff for a smooth transition.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure after Mr. Pink leaves the warehouse, you can hear the Police arrive and voices/gunshots(maybe? been awhile since I've seen the movie). Strong implication there that he didn't survive or got captured.

This was my take as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom