Kermit Carolina for next coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kermit Carolina for next coach

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would hiring a coach that wasn't attached to the program end the harassment from the NCAA?

Ahhhh. Not as long as Emmert is involved. It's tough to view a scenario where he doesn't drive the bus on that one.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Ahhhh. Not as long as Emmert is involved. It's tough to view a scenario where he doesn't drive the bus on that one.
So we go through this forever even if we clean house on all levels? SMH

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
everybody A high school coach is makes mistakes and even your so called president of the country is a clown and

The only clown I hear is someone wanting a HS coach to step in at UConn
BTW - no politics here
A high school coach is at Rhode Island right now leading a Top 25 conference leader and is also a top choice by most on this site to take over here... so if bringing up my man and throwing his name makes me a clown so be it...even tho your homie don't play that!!! And it's always politics ...As Usual-Jay-Z

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A high school coach is at Rhode Island right now leading a Top 25 conference leader and is also a top choice by most on this site to take over here... so if bringing up my man and throwing his name makes me a clown so be it...even tho your homie don't play that!!! And it's always politics ...As Usual-Jay-Z

It took said coach ten years of collegiate experience to get there...

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
It was just a thought...something crazy and out the box with some Connecticut flavor I know there is no way in hell Kerm would sniff the bench as much as I also know he'll be good at it

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So we go through this forever even if we clean house on all levels? SMH

Realistically, the guy should hang for this MSU thing. But he's a cockroach. I think both he and Izzo will still be employed this time next year. And it will be old news (sadly).

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Hurley rose through the ranks, and had success at every step in building something. Remember, JC started as a high school coach.

High school to major college program is obviously different. Especially for a high school lifer.

Reaction Score
It was just a thought...something crazy and out the box with some Connecticut flavor I know there is no way in hell Kerm would sniff the bench as much as I also know he'll be good at it
Please follow your heart and passion when you post. It is always welcoming from my perspective to discuss CT high school basketball.

Thank you for the sincere and thoughtful contribution.

Best Always,
BDH

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Realistically, the guy should hang for this MSU thing. But he's a cockroach. I think both he and Izzo will still be employed this time next year. And it will be old news (sadly).

Don't know? That #Me Too mob/ movement is strong right now for some good reasons. Can't see too many people getting away without paying a price.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't know? That #Me Too mob/ movement is strong right now for some good reasons. Can't see too many people getting away without paying a price.

We'll see. You're not wrong, but some guys just seem to survive everything. Emmert is an absolute master at passing the buck.

Besides, this time next year, there will be some other cause du jour. Yes, I know how cynical that is to say, but we live in cynical times.

Reaction Score
Football not basketball; but anybody remember Gerry Faust? Some how Notre Dame took him on as head coach directly out of Moeller HS in Ohio.

Utter disaster for all involved. Thanks but no thanks.

Reaction Score
When was the last Kermit Carolina even coached a game? He's been, principal at Hillhouse for a long time. Worst idea ever.

I know I'll get some hell on this blog for this post...I mean I have a definite New Haven biased but this is personal and since a lot of you want to see a change but at the same time are worried about the buy out you should want to see the best high school coach/teacher in the state over the last decade take over our beloved state institution. He ran a dynasty in both boys and girls basketball at Hillhouse for years because he can simply teach and coach the game... It wouldn't be the first time of course a high school coach got a big job why not promote one of or our own who I would bet my life could get us back and stick around. Laugh but don't sleep...it's a basic game for which were falling off

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Football not basketball; but anybody remember Gerry Faust? Some how Notre Dame took him on as head coach directly out of Moeller HS in Ohio.

Utter disaster for all involved. Thanks but no thanks.

Even us Protestants went to Chapel, thanking God when Lou Holtz was hired. Talk about not ready, that ND stop for Faust almost destroyed his high school legacy.

Reaction Score
I have no idea who Kermit is. Cant say if he's a good choice or not. I tend to agree with others. The HS to major college ball is probably too large of a leap.

I do like the out of the box thinking. Or any thinking at all. It's much more productive than.....WE NEED TO GET CALHOUN BACK!!

Reaction Score
Wow. What an awful idea. U wanna hire a high school coach hire Kevin Boyle I could Maybe get behind that idea.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I can respect the fact that some think my idea was awful or whatever but take a look at the sport we all love to watch all over the country there are asst. coaches on benches who are only there because there kid is a 5 star or they were head of a top AAU program... that's awfully dirty...We normalize nonsense all the time. And as for Kerm being the principal at hillhouse for a long while he' only 40 something pretty sure his memory is alright...again I know there's now way he'll become the coach Good conversation though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom