Kenya Hunter Leaving? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter Leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Me thinks Mr. Hunter may be getting a raise at UConn (reading the ZLS tea leaves).

I just looked because I was curious.

Kenya's salary is actually already higher than any of the other assistants already at $315,000. Any substantial raise is going to put him in the top 10 most well-paid assistants in the country. I think that's a signal about his head coaching potential down the road

Kimani and Tom both make 250,000.

Tom at 250 is an absolute steal.

Reaction Score
Indianapolis is great and Bloomington is a great town. Outside of that there isn’t much unless you love boating, hunting, and fishing

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Indianapolis is great and Bloomington is a great town. Outside of that there isn’t much unless you love boating, hunting, and fishing

Definitely a cool area but it goes from civilization to middle of nowhere pretty quick. My wife and I went out last year for the UConn football game and had a great time. Outside of a few drunks who tried to start some trouble on our way out of the stadium over our UConn attire, the IU fans couldn’t have been nicer to us. A trip out to Hinkle when we play out there is right on the top of the list for us once things get back to normal

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Definitely a cool area but it goes from civilization to middle of nowhere pretty quick. My wife and I went out last year for the UConn football game and had a great time. Outside of a few drunks who tried to start some trouble on our way out of the stadium over our UConn attire, the IU fans couldn’t have been nicer to us. A trip out to Hinkle when we play out there is right on the top of the list for us once things get back to normal

And that differs from Storrs how?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So, a thread gets created from some random twitter use and the OP gets reasonable discussion. But, try to have a basketball discussion on a basketball forum and it devolves into name calling incredible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How is it different? You leave Storrs and you're surrounded by the rest of CT., you have Boston 1.5 hours away, NYC a little over 2 hours away, you're surrounded by nice New England towns, beaches aren't far, skiing isn't far. You leave Bloomington and you're surrounded by cow pies.

You missed the point entirely. When you leave Storrs you are immediately surrounded by cow and corn country. Yes, you eventually drive through it to major cities but Storrs is the very definition of a rural school. Doesn't make it bad or wrong, but it is farm country through and through. They even used to have cows on the campus at UConn. Generally speaking urban schools don't have dairy farms on their campuses.

Reaction Score
You missed the point entirely. When you leave Storrs you are immediately surrounded by cow and corn country. Yes, you eventually drive through it to major cities but Storrs is the very definition of a rural school. Doesn't make it bad or wrong, but it is farm country through and through. They even used to have cows on the campus at UConn. Generally speaking urban schools don't have dairy farms on their campuses.
You get the point how you're never really far from civilization in the Northeast, right? The idea that Storrs is in the middle of nowhere is one of the stranger things and is usually said by people who really only know the Northeast.

If you told someone from Indiana that the Storrs area was farm country and they actually saw it they would laugh.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You get the point how you're never really far from civilization in the Northeast, right? The idea that Storrs is in the middle of nowhere is one of the stranger things and is usually said by people who really only know the Northeast.

If you told someone from Indiana that the Storrs area was farm country and they actually saw it they would laugh.

You're stuck in midwestern state of mind. Unless you go to Alaska you really don't understand what rural is in America and how far away you can be from civilization.

I'll let you fantacize your 50 shades of rural gray.

Reaction Score
You're stuck in midwestern state of mind. Unless you go to Alaska you really don't understand what rural is in America and how far away you can be from civilization.

I'll let you fantacize your 50 shades of rural gray.
I'm from the Northeast, I live in the Midwest. You're right, when you leave Bloomington and drive around Indiana it's really similar to when you leave Storrs and drive around.

You could've just said you've never been to Indiana.

Reaction Score
How is it different? You leave Storrs and you're surrounded by the rest of CT., you have Boston 1.5 hours away, NYC a little over 2 hours away, you're surrounded by nice New England towns, beaches aren't far, skiing isn't far. You leave Bloomington and you're surrounded by cow pies.

Having made the drive through Indiana several times, this is correct.

There have been times in Indiana when I've had a quarter tank and had to start worrying about running out of gas.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm from the Northeast, I live in the Midwest. You're right, when you leave Bloomington and drive around Indiana it's really similar to when you leave Storrs and drive around.

You could've just said you've never been to Indiana.
Having made the drive through Indiana several times, this is correct.

There have been times in Indiana when I've had a quarter tank and had to start worrying about running out of gas.

Just remember the origin of this conversation was how quickly you get to middle of nowhere from the campus not how long you stay in it.

But as I mentioned earlier, y'all are stuck in double dare mindset of rural and I'm talking triple dog dare. Wait til you get a full tank of gas and worry if you can make it to the next gas station.

Reaction Score
So, a thread gets created from some random twitter use and the OP gets reasonable discussion. But, try to have a basketball discussion on a basketball forum and it devolves into name calling incredible.
You jinxed it. It's devolving. Topic du jour, "You wouldn't know rural if it bit you in the buttocks." We are a Chief "confirmed" and bad take on pierogis away from defcon 1 and getting this bad boy locked.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When you leave Storrs you are immediately surrounded by cow and corn country.
Are you though? In Storrs, you have the university ag dept so there are fields and cattle, but once you leave Storrs, not so much. Corn fields? Not so much.

Storrs UConn

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Can some of you leave the NE and realize there is a whole world out there that isn't Storrs, CT? Everything is through the lens of UConn > everything else. Next someone is going to tell you UConn engineering is elite compared to the rest of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom