Kentucky recruiting (I know slippery slope) | The Boneyard

Kentucky recruiting (I know slippery slope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So in the last week or so they have gotten the 2nd ranked player, 6th ranked player, and the 14th ranked player (De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo) according to 247, already having two 5 stars in Wenyen and Sacha Killeya-Jones before that. This is getting aggravating

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
So in the last week or so they have gotten the 2nd ranked player, 6th ranked player, and the 14th ranked player (De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, Bam Adebayo) according to 247, already having two 5 stars in Wenyen and Sacha Killeya-Jones before that. This is getting aggravating
They've been doing exactly that since the day Calipari stepped on campus. It's nothing new. Don't sweat it (too much).

Reaction Score
Let UK have them all. We will only play them once. And beat them AGAIN in a Final Four. And Coach Squid, has stated he is there to send guys to the NBA. Not to win NCAA Championships. Stew that over Kentucky Nation.

Reaction Score
They recruit like that every year with Calipari and yet they've only won 1 National Championship since Calipari started at Kentucky in 2009. Obviously they're going to be good just about every year recruiting like that but it's not like they're going to automatically win the national championship every year.

Reaction Score
I was just stating the recruiting haul they have brought in the last week. I wasn't proclaiming them national champions

Reaction Score
Actually, the fact that North Carolina hasn't missed a recruiting beat is bugging me more. Like they know nothing is coming down the pike.

They actually have missed a beat. They are landing talent, just 4* instead of 5* talent. That matters when your coach has only won big with overwhelming teams. Duke and UK are bringing in multiple 1-and-done kids a year and UNC has missed out on every one.

Reaction Score
I think the University of Arkansas could have been pretty good if Monk had stayed in-state.

Reaction Score
What will happen if the league starts letting these guys go straight to the NBA? Will the one and one thing be curtailed? Greatly diminished I would think. I would think guys like Ben Simmons and Skal and Cheick Diallo will go straight to the NBA.

Reaction Score
They recruit like that every year with Calipari and yet they've only won 1 National Championship since Calipari started at Kentucky in 2009. Obviously they're going to be good just about every year recruiting like that but it's not like they're going to automatically win the national championship every year.
True. But they've been to the Final Four nearly every year since he's gotten there (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015), and been in the title game two of those trips. Not every one can be UConn and cash in 4 of 5 appearances. You just gotta give yourself a shot by making it.

Reaction Score
All style points, no substance, the squid isn't trying to win titles, just trying to get them to the NBA.

I can't wait until Larry Brown comes out and compares them to the Houston Rockets

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Great class, but they've had several, and haven't been able to seal the deal without a Davis, who is a once in a decade type talent, and had plenty of other studs as a supporting cast. There's always someone ready to out coach Cal in March.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Sounds about the same as their last 3-4 years of recruiting.. Let them have it.. I personally would hate it if UConn was all one and done's and we had a whole new group every single year..

Yeah me too

Reaction Score
Sounds about the same as their last 3-4 years of recruiting.. Let them have it.. I personally would hate it if UConn was all one and done's and we had a whole new group every single year..

Exactly. I love recruits like Alterique, Enoch, and Diarra who will most likely be four year guys. One and dones? No thank you!

Reaction Score
Great class, but they've had several, and haven't been able to seal the deal without a Davis, who is a once in a decade type talent, and had plenty of other studs as a supporting cast. There's always someone ready to out coach Cal in March.

Eh, they go to the Final Four basically every year. If he sticks around, they'll win a couple more. You need to catch some breaks to win the whole thing, even if you're UConn.

Reaction Score
That's a great class. Wonder what they'll be able to do with it, hopefully not much. They'll probably have to replace Skal, Briscoe, Murray and Lee after this year with Poythress graduating. That'll leave them with Willis, Ulis, Mulder, and Matthews as holdovers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What happens if all the kids decide to stay?????
Great Class or not - I don't give a rats
NEXT.......................

Reaction Score

I agree. This is really going to be a problem for our beloved Huskies. How in the world are we going to compete with team loaded with 5* recruits at every position when all we do is pull in 3 and 4* players?!!!.....Im sorry ive just been informed that we make UK,Calipari and their 5* recruits our b@tches in the final four on a regular basis. Nothing to see here,move along now.

Reaction Score
I agree. This is really going to be a problem for our beloved Huskies. How in the world are we going to compete with team loaded with 5* recruits at every position when all we do is pull in 3 and 4* players?!!!.....Im sorry ive just been informed that we make UK,Calipari and their 5* recruits our b@tches in the final four on a regular basis. Nothing to see here,move along now.
As i said I wasn't trying begin an argument i was just recognizing the fact they pulled in these recruits, three in a week, thought it would interesting be to some people on here since so many topics tend to find their way to Kentucky

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kentucky's recruiting is just nuts.

The constant turnover means they'll have to do this yearly and I'm willing to bet one team or another won't gel and the results won't be pretty.

Reaction Score
Changing the age to enter the NBA to 20 would make the recruiting monopoly that is UK fall mightily. If you have to stay in college for two years, all of a sudden the top players actually have to worry about player development and coaching ability rather than a fast track to the NBA.

Not saying he won't still dominate recruiting, but it may at least even out the playing field a little bit. I personally hate UK's domination in recruiting because it doesn't disperse the top talent across the top programs. Games would be so much more interesting and exciting if the top 10 players played for 10 different programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom