Kentucky/Duke Order of Hate - It's finally Happened | The Boneyard

Kentucky/Duke Order of Hate - It's finally Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I officially hate Kentucky more than Dook.
Notwithstanding the 2010 NC, I'm starting to feel a touch sorry for Dook and how pathetic they have been in the tourni.
Kentucky is just the antiChrist now, and every fan who loves college basketball should be rooting with all they've got to have them lose. They are bad for college basketball.
EDIT - watching the Kansas game, UK has got their work cut out for them. Too many chefs spoil the soup.

Reaction Score
UK took over Duke's spot after they won the tourney. They are awful for college basketball and it sickens me just how successful they have been. I still don't think the line changes will work and they are a vastly superior team with Ulis on the court. They are pretty scary defensively though. So much length and athleticism.

Reaction Score
And- I am going to puke if I have to hear about the brilliance of the Squid's "platoon system" all year. Let me see- you have 9 Mc D AAs- how about we "add in a 5 star" player in the mix- and divide by two- pure genius.

Reaction Score
EDIT - watching the Kansas game, UK has got their work cut out for them. Too many chefs spoil the soup.

Maybe rethink that. Kansas can barely get a shot off. It looks like a middle school team playing a team of giants. Kentucky isn't even doing anything that special, they're just overwhelming them with their size.

Reaction Score
Rooting for Kentucky is like rooting for the Huns while they pillage widows and orphans. Most good college teams are happy with one of their 10 talented players to build the rest of their team around, but they recruited them somewhat fair and square I guess.

D

Deleted member 3149

It's really annoying to watch Kentucky's 5 stars play, knowing Rodney Purvis was suspended for 1 game for playing basketball. You can't honestly tell me that UK and Calimari are clean. No way ...

Reaction Score
Cal is a convenient scapegoat for a broken system. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Maybe rethink that. Kansas can barely get a shot off. It looks like a middle school team playing a team of giants. Kentucky isn't even doing anything that special, they're just overwhelming them with their size.
I think UK has the most talent in the country. I don't think it's a given that they will be playing team ball with good chemistry and all buying in by April 1st. We'll see. It will be interesting. Beating an overwhelmed Kansas in November is impressive, but it's a long season, and a lot can happen.
I, again, believe that UK's weakness is its guard play.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Its hard to hate someone who has been so irrelevant for the past 10 years.... I like that they have a good team.. makes it easier to dislike them.

Reaction Score
Yeah this Kentucky team is gross. "Platoons" Cal? Seriously?

There's nothing remotely likeable about their team. Aside from the Harrisons I have no idea who any of them even are. But they're huge that's for sure. And they're making Kansas look bad.

Reaction Score
Cal is a convenient scapegoat for a broken system. There's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

I don't buy this line of reasoning at all. The system was practically defenseless, and he was just uber-cynical in taking advantage of it. I could draw any number of analogies where such people too advantage of systems that were fragile.

As for Kentucky overwhelming Kansas with size, this Kansas team has top recruits like Selden, Oubre, Alexander. 7 top 50 kids, 3 top 14 kids. They should be showing better than this. Kentucky is quicker though, and I'm noticing they move way too fast for the refs to call fouls. The refs are overwhelmed. I'm not saying they are doing a bad job necessarily, but when a UK player goes up, it happens so fast you can barely tell if they're hammering the opposition.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If the player's union is looking to get rid on the one-and-done rule, Cal will be fighting over the scraps with everyone else.

Reaction Score
I don't buy this line of reasoning at all. The system was practically defenseless, and he was just uber-cynical in taking advantage of it. I could draw any number of analogies where such people too advantage of systems that were fragile.

As for Kentucky overwhelming Kansas with size, this Kansas team has top recruits like Selden, Oubre, Alexander. 7 top 50 kids, 3 top 14 kids. They should be showing better than this. Kentucky is quicker though, and I'm noticing they move way too fast for the refs to call fouls. The refs are overwhelmed. I'm not saying they are doing a bad job necessarily, but when a UK player goes up, it happens so fast you can barely tell if they're hammering the opposition.

He was "uber-cynical" in taking advantage of the system? Are you saying that other programs could be stacking their entire rosters with All-Americans and going to the Final Four every year but they choose not to? Even for you, that's a tough sell.

If you don't think that Kentucky's size has been too much for them, it's not clear what game you're watching.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is obviously a really good team but Kansas is playing like absolute

Reaction Score
As good as Kentucky has been, Kansas has been just as bad. Terrible game to not show up for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom