Kentucky board | The Boneyard

Kentucky board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of all the opponent's boards that I have been lurking on during the tourney, the UK fans, in general, seem to be the most cautious about UConn. They want revenge for 2011 for sure, but don't seem to be taking anything for granted.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I think we need to be cautious of their team as well. I understand that we are the underdogs, but like us, they are playing their best basketball and are streaky like us. Should be a whale of a game, but definitely don't underestimate their team. I hope the good guys in white are cutting the nets by the end of the night.

Reaction Score
The seniors on their team must really be hungry to avenge the 2011 Final Four loss.

I thought UK wasn't allowed to have seniors on their roster. You know, part of their deal with the NBA. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I doubt their board has much traffic right now - the entire state of Kentucky is busy driving to Texas.

traffic-as-art-2.jpg

Reaction Score
The funniest thread I have ever seen was the one where UK fans were totally disparaging Cal when he was linked with move away from Memphis. Turns out the team that was about to sign him was Kentucky!

Reaction Score
I usually don't care what opponents boards are saying, but one thing that is annoying me over there though is their obsession with the Napier "flop" in 2011.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=199981882&mid=199981882&sid=888&style=2

I have watched this many times, and it is so obvious to me and most other rational people that he "flopped" because Miller caught him in a chicken wing, and Napier lurched himself forward and down as he felt the stress in his shoulder.

I was tempted to open an account over there and post something, but I am sure if would fall on deaf ears.

Reaction Score
I have to believe the NCAA is desperately hoping UConn wins. UK doesn't represent college athletics, it's an NBA d-league franchise. Yes, they maybe play by the rules, but it isn't a model of what the NCAA wants.

I thought UK wasn't allowed to have seniors on their roster. You know, part of their deal with the NBA. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have to believe the NCAA is desperately hoping UConn wins. UK doesn't represent college athletics, it's an NBA d-league franchise. Yes, they maybe play by the rules, but it isn't a model of what the NCAA wants.

Kentucky has a very high APR. Very high. Their Graduation Success Rate is very high too.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I usually don't care what opponents boards are saying, but one thing that is annoying me over there though is their obsession with the Napier "flop" in 2011.

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=199981882&mid=199981882&sid=888&style=2

I have watched this many times, and it is so obvious to me and most other rational people that he "flopped" because Miller caught him in a chicken wing, and Napier lurched himself forward and down as he felt the stress in his shoulder.

I was tempted to open an account over there and post something, but I am sure if would fall on deaf ears.
Definitely not worth the time/effort it would take to register. Duke fans are still convinced that the officials favored us in the 2004 semifinal. Not sure if they all had a collective blackout in the first half or what.

Reaction Score
The APR is stupid, it doesn't calculate a player who leaves and is drafted or something.

Just the general model that UK is setup just as a pure feeder to NBA, athletics aren't even comtemplated. How many of these 1 & dones are still pursuing their degrees?

Kentucky has a very high APR. Very high. Their Graduation Success Rate is very high too.

Reaction Score
Definitely not worth the time/effort it would take to register. Duke fans are still convinced that the officials favored us in the 2004 semifinal. Not sure if they all had a collective blackout in the first half or what.

Duke fans complaining about officials? What is the word I'm looking for?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no problem with one and done types.

Some of them are good enough to go straight to the NBA, but the NBA's rules force them to go to college for a year - and is a one and done really all that much different from a two and done?

Reaction Score
Unusual - they are usually posting pictures of their sisters.
They are only their sisters until they reach the age of 15. Then they become their wives.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They are only their sisters until they reach the age of 15. Then they become their wives.
I thought it was 13.

Reaction Score
They play by the rules and have mastered a system given the NBA model, it's just the antitheses of college athletics.

I have no problem with one and done types.

Some of them are good enough to go straight to the NBA, but the NBA's rules force them to go to college for a year - and is a one and done really all that much different from a two and done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom