Kentucky (16) @ Tennessee (13) - 1/10/19 | The Boneyard

Kentucky (16) @ Tennessee (13) - 1/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
This should be a war. One of the best games on the SEC schedule.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’m going Kentucky, I like Rhyne Howard. I think she could make a case for Natl Freshman of the year.
She's more than making a case. She's the only freshman among the 25 recently named finalists for Wooden.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how Warlick explains to her bosses why she's losing to Missouri and looking up at a UK program that totally imploded a few years ago.

So would seem to be a pretty key game for her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how Warlick explains to her bosses why she's losing to Missouri and looking up at a UK program that totally imploded a few years ago.
Do you really think her bosses are asking her for explanations? Fulmer doesn't seem that interested.

Reaction Score
Do you really think her bosses are asking her for explanations? Fulmer doesn't seem that interested.
If her bosses are asking, wouldn't that imply Holly's bosses want to have a conversation?

Plebe

Reaction Score
If her bosses are asking, wouldn't that imply Holly's bosses want to have a conversation?
The Tennessee AD brass is over the moon about finally having a great men's BB team. Who'da thunk we'd see the day that the Vols men's team overshadows the Lady Vols.

And in terms of programs needing remediation, they are 100 times more worried about football than WBB.

Reaction Score
She's more than making a case. She's the only freshman among the 25 recently named finalists for Wooden.
I definitely agree. Was rated 32nd out of high school and is player consistently better than all 31 in front of her. She leads Kentucky in points and rebounds and is 2nd for both assists and steals.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Just looking at the lady vols schedule, it doesnt get any easier after kentucky..they could possibly lose their next 7 games..if holly thinks her seat is hot now....

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Heres how kentucky can win this game...turn tennessee over and clamp down on meme jackson..i think kentucky will lose on the boards regardless, but having extra possessions by turning tennessee over will negate the board advantage..i like kentucky in this game, but it should be close..72-69 kentucky

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just looking at the lady vols schedule, it doesnt get any easier after kentucky..they could possibly lose their next 7 games..if holly thinks her seat is hot now....
Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, LSU and Florida are nowhere near as good as Kentucky.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I definitely agree. Was rated 32nd out of high school and is player consistently better than all 31 in front of her. She leads Kentucky in points and rebounds and is 2nd for both assists and steals.
Not to be snarky, despite my meme, but this is reminding me of another freshman SEC player last year who played very well, earning top 25 acclaim, only to get too much press and cause the departure of other players and resulting in a mess of what should have been a top SEC contender this year...Head bang

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, LSU and Florida are nowhere near as good as Kentucky.

No, but we are talking about a holly coached lady vol team who last year lost to bama, lsu, and just beat arky by 5 points..the bama and georgia games are both away. Georgia wont be an easy game and the nd game wont be close. Bama especially has hollys number as they have beaten the lady vols the last three times theyve played.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

So would seem to be a pretty key game for her.

Im not sure how she can explain a losing streak to unranked alabama, especially with all the talent she has

Plebe

Reaction Score
No, but we are talking about a holly coached lady vol team who last year lost to bama, lsu, and just beat arky by 5 points..the bama and georgia games are both away. Georgia wont be an easy game and the nd game wont be close. Bama especially has hollys number as they have beaten the lady vols the last three times theyve played.
Nothing seems to be easy for them. They had to come from way behind to beat Stetson at home. But I don't see them losing more than 2 of those games. Not that I won't be hoping...

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
The Tennessee AD brass is over the moon about finally having a great men's BB team. Who'da thunk we'd see the day that the Vols men's team overshadows the Lady Vols.

And in terms of programs needing remediation, they are 100 times more worried about football than WBB.

Very true

Reaction Score
Not to be snarky, despite my meme, but this is reminding me of another freshman SEC player last year who played very well, earning top 25 acclaim, only to get too much press and cause the departure of other players and resulting in a mess of what should have been a top SEC contender this year...Head bang
Nothing like Chennedy Carter. Nothing. Not a volume shooter at all. All around player. Williams and Howard left because she shot the ball too much not because of the press.

Reaction Score
Nothing like Chennedy Carter. Nothing. Not a volume shooter at all. All around player. Williams and Howard left because she shot the ball too much not because of the press.

IMO Carter has destroyed the A&M program

She is an individual player who tries to do it all. She is reckless with the basketball. She may put up a bunch of points but its mainly because she takes a ridiculous amount of shots. The offense has zero rhythm because of her.

I like coach Blair but I think having that type of player is more hurtful than helpful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom