Kentan Facey's father passed away. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentan Facey's father passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My thoughts and prayers are with Kenton and his family during this very difficult time. May God give them comfort

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Tough loss when you're young. I lost my dad at 15 and didn't handle it well, to put it mildly. Grades fell off a cliff along with other unproductive behaviors. Hope Kentan handles it better and gets a lot of love and support from friends/teammates. If you haven't been there, you really have no idea.

Reaction Score
So sad, he couldn't have been that old. Kentan has teammates and fan support along with his family and friends.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is very tough. My father died right before finals in the fall semester of my junior year. You don't realize at that age what you will miss over the coming decades. But you know what you lost. My father was diagnosed with cancer the summer before college started. He responded well and was in remission. But it came back the summer before my junior year. He told me he was going through the treatments again so he could see me graduate. He didn't make it. Graduation day was tough. My wedding was tough. I named my first son after him. My father won't be there to see him graduate first in his class. He didn't get to meet the first kid in our family to get into an ivy league school. He was a great soccer player and loved UConn basketball. He never got to watch my younger son play soccer or basketball. The kid is tough, talented and hustles. My dad would have loved that.

The best thing Kentan can do is work hard in his dad's memory and keep his friends and family close.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is very tough. My father died right before finals in the fall semester of my junior year. You don't realize at that age what you will miss over the coming decades. But you know what you lost. My father was diagnosed with cancer the summer before college started. He responded well and was in remission. But it came back the summer before my junior year. He told me he was going through the treatments again so he could see me graduate. He didn't make it. Graduation day was tough. My wedding was tough. I named my first son after him. My father won't be there to see him graduate first in his class. He didn't get to meet the first kid in our family to get into an ivy league school. He was a great soccer player and loved UConn basketball. He never got to watch my younger son play soccer or basketball. The kid is tough, talented and hustles. My dad would have loved that.

The best thing Kentan can do is work hard in his dad's memory and keep his friends and family close.

My son never got to meet my dad and that kills me to this day. Dad would have adored him and visa versa - I get it Paesano!

Reaction Score

Wonderful sentiment. As Kentan approaches each challenge in life, always remember who you are and what your Dad represented. God bless you and your family.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

That had to be quite hard to go through and I send my condolences. As many of you have been on here for a while already know, my brother died in 2013 and shortly afterward we learned that my sister-in-law had twins on the way, a boy and a girl. They're both a few months away from turning 2 and while they didn't have to directly experience the loss of their father, it eats at me every day that they'll never get to know him at all. They're fortunate to have one of the best mothers a kid could ever ask for, but there's a big void that they'll always have in their lives.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
My son never got to meet my dad and that kills me to this day. Dad would have adored him and visa versa - I get it Paesano!

Deepest sympathy to Kentan and his family. You never totally lose a parent.

Same here Mau. Never met any of my kids.

Reaction Score
Condolences to Kentan and his family at this difficult time.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I feel terrible for Kentan. I hope he knows how much support he has , and seeks it out when he needs it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very sad news. My sympathy goes out to Kentan and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom