Kentan Facey McD AA nominee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentan Facey McD AA nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Looking forward to seeing this kid in a UCONN uniform. It's a new era. We all know Ollie has a far different demeanor than Calhoun. It will be great to see how these new kids mature and improve under KO.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score

Take videos with a grain of salt after watching Andre Drummond's videos.

Reaction Score

Remember AD mixtape video last year? I put 0 stock in any of these videos. Fun to watch though.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I was deceived by Drummond's talent in those mixtape videos. He was so offensively raw, his stay at UConn was a disappointment.

Reaction Score
While it was disappointing, he was every bit of those videos. We all knew he was somewhat limited offensively and just playing off talent..

Reaction Score
I don't get it. He is doing what he did in those vids in the NBA. IF he did not leave to make millions he would have done the same thing year two here at UCONN. He is a beast.

Reaction Score
AD will be an NBA all-star one day. Soooo I will take it.

yes but how far did his play get us last year? i dont care what he does in the nba because it doesnt help us with wins and losses. problably helps with recruiting.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. He is doing what he did in those vids in the NBA. IF he did not leave to make millions he would have done the same thing year two here at UCONN. He is a beast.
but he`s not here. i really hate hypothetical arguments.

Reaction Score
As for Facey, I think we got a steal w/him along w/Samuel & Brimah. Should be solid role players early & major contributors down the road..

Facey actually reminds me of hakim warrick from what little ive seen. i think he could turn out to be a very similar player.

Reaction Score
not blaming him but he was not the player many thought or that he should have been considering his immense athletic ability. i dont want to hear anything about lack of skill because if anyone remembers last years syracuse game there was a stretch where syracuse could not stop him in the post because he was just to big,strong and fast. it was problably the only real flash of dominance i saw from him the whole season.

Reaction Score
If you watched the video why would you say he's similar physically to DeAndre when he clearly looks bigger from a muscle definition standpoint? He's obviously not hulking and will need to bulk up but if you can't see that there's more weight and muscle on his frame compared to DeAndre I don't know what to say. And why are you still underselling his height when the Draftexpress measurements are listed right in front of you(both w & w/o shoes) and were taken during the summer camps from which the highlight video is from?

Deandre daniels - 6'8 w/ shoes, 6'7 w/o, 195 lbs, right? Kentan facey 6'8.5 w/ shoes 6'7.5 w/o, 205 pounds, right? I saw 6'8.5 with shoes in draft express, didnt see without so i backed out 1 to 1.5 inches as an estimate.

Im just trying to figure out what sort of player hes going to be. He's certainly stronger than daniels, but he's built more like daniels than olander. I think he will be a very good player, im just not sure he's going to be a banger

Reaction Score
Gotcha. From that video, I actually see a player with a decent skill set so I would put some stock into it.. worth noting, he looks very comfortable in the post.

Reaction Score
yes but how far did his play get us last year? i dont care what he does in the nba because it doesnt help us with wins and losses. problably helps with recruiting.
Drummond being the best center in the NBA (which he can easily become) will undoubtedly help this program. How many big time recruits have gone to Cuse because of Melo? Answer: quite a few.

Reaction Score
Drummond being the best center in the NBA (which he can easily become) will undoubtedly help this program. How many big time recruits have gone to Cuse because of Melo? Answer: quite a few.

I definitely agree that it's important to have all-star caliber players all the time. Ray Ray is great but can only play for so long.. same with Rip. If Rudy and Drummond can take the torch that'd be great.

Reaction Score

like i said itll help recruiting somewhat but not much. i dont think many kids decide to go to the same college as their favorite nba players. i think thats a bit overrated.

Reaction Score
I definitely agree that it's important to have all-star caliber players all the time. Ray Ray is great but can only play for so long.. same with Rip. If Rudy and Drummond can take the torch that'd be great.

Sub in Kemba for Rudy, the way Kemba is improving he could be an All Star by next year or at least playing at an All Star level. Plus young kids would have seen his recent tourney run so that would be in their memory. Rudy has just been a mess this year and I don't see him ever getting beyond this 18-19 & 6 plateau he's been at.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Take videos with a grain of salt after watching Andre Drummond's videos.
Andre lived up to expectations, just not in college.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Andre lived up to expectations, just not in college.

I won't disagree with you. It's just unfortunate as a UConn fan that he was so mediocre for the #2 player in his class.

Reaction Score
Sub in Kemba for Rudy, the way Kemba is improving he could be an All Star by next year or at least playing at an All Star level. Plus young kids would have seen his recent tourney run so that would be in their memory. Rudy has just been a mess this year and I don't see him ever getting beyond this 18-19 & 6 plateau he's been at.

Good point. I stand corrected. Not to mention Kemba is one of the easiest people to root for in the league. What a great player, we're lucky to have had him pass through UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom