Kentan Facey McD AA nominee | The Boneyard

Kentan Facey McD AA nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's 1 of only 2 players nominated from NY this yr for the game. They will announce the final rosters on Feb 14th at 5 pm on ESPNU.

Reaction Score
That list is massive. How does WV have 11 players and NY only 2? I wonder what the nomination process is.

Reaction Score
How long are his arms? Almost looks like he can be on the rim and have his feet touch the ground.

Reaction Score
I think ithe rea his wingspan is 7'7

These early list have hundreds of kids

Reaction Score
I know the videos are slanted, but his ability to cut with the penetrating guard, be ready for the pass and make the catch from a variety of passing angles, and finish at the rim impress me the most. I really hope either or both Boat and Bazz stay because this slasher needs a guard who can get into the lane. Our guards would love to have this kid cutting to the hoop instead of routinely statuing up for 15-18 foot jump shots.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know the videos are slanted, but his ability to cut with the penetrating guard, be ready for the pass and make the catch from a variety of passing angles, and finish at the rim impress me the most. I really hope either or both Boat and Bazz stay because this slasher needs a guard who can get into the lane. Our guards would love to have this kid cutting to the hoop instead of routinely statuing up for 15-18 foot jump shots.
Yep, let's hope they stay.

Reaction Score
everybody (Mandeldove did too) makes the McD nomination list.

Reaction Score
I wonder if I am like the rest of you when I ask "Why no chairs in this video?"

Truth be told, chairs have gotten a lot better in recent years. They are much more mobile - they come with wheels, and they can swivel, extend, recline, and have adjustable arm rests that can get in the passing lanes. Makes them much better on defense.

Most recruits avoid chairs in their videos altogether so they don't look bad. They tend to use less mobile objects as imaginary defenders, such as orange traffic cones, lamps or ottomans.

Reaction Score
My question with this kid is - is he 6'6, or is he 6'9, or somewhere in between? He doesn't 6'9 on video to me. Obviously he is a very good athlete and has good length for whatever height he is and I think he will help the program no matter what. I'm just wondering how much of a true post he will end up being.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My question with this kid is - is he 6'6, or is he 6'9, or somewhere in between? He doesn't 6'9 on video to me. Obviously he is a very good athlete and has good length for whatever height he is and I think he will help the program no matter what. I'm just wondering how much of a true post he will end up being.

No offense but how can you tell anything about his height on the video you just saw. Most reports have him at either 6'8" or 6'9".

Everything I have read on him tells he is an excellent rebounder, and shot blocker. Something UConn could use right now.

Reaction Score
Looks like he has soft hands, good hands, nice touch around the basket. Now the video only shows the plays he made so as always video usually only show you one side of his performance. Having said that he looks very good around the basket.

Reaction Score
No offense but how can you tell anything about his height on the video you just saw. Most reports have him at either 6'8" or 6'9".

Everything I have read on him tells he is an excellent rebounder, and shot blocker. Something UConn could use right now.

Relative to other players on the court, relative to the hoop. Could be wrong, he just looked shorter than I was expecting. It's tough to tell, but it jumped out to me. Problem with the reports is that they are often self reported, and thus exaggerated. We will see.

I'm looking forward to seeing him whether he is 6'7 or 6'9.

Reaction Score
You guys and these vids. Sure he looks great in the video and as good as advertised, but....................................................

Anyway with the BE going to Shot, he could possibly make some noise next season.

Reaction Score
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kentan-Facey-7145/

those numbers are from one of the camps he went to over the summer. I would hope he has gained a little weight over the last 6-7 months. 6'8.5 with shoes and 191 pounds

Reaction Score

those numbers are from one of the camps he went to over the summer. I would hope he has gained a little weight over the last 6-7 months. 6'8.5 with shoes and 191 pounds

Cool - thanks. So he's a little undersized for a 4/5 - 6'7 maybe 6'7.5. Still, thats plenty of size for college if he bulks up. Right now im guessing he is very similar physically to deandre daniels.

Reaction Score
Cool - thanks. So he's a little undersized for a 4/5 - 6'7 maybe 6'7.5. Still, thats plenty of size for college if he bulks up. Right now im guessing he is very similar physically to deandre daniels.

If you watched the video why would you say he's similar physically to DeAndre when he clearly looks bigger from a muscle definition standpoint? He's obviously not hulking and will need to bulk up but if you can't see that there's more weight and muscle on his frame compared to DeAndre I don't know what to say. And why are you still underselling his height when the Draftexpress measurements are listed right in front of you(both w & w/o shoes) and were taken during the summer camps from which the highlight video is from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom