Kentan Facey is signing letter of intent today! | The Boneyard

Kentan Facey is signing letter of intent today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
great news.. Can someone give me a solid breadown on him?

Reaction Score
Great News!

Based on what i know. A 6'9" PF who plays with a high motor and is a great shot blocker. Raw offensively but has a high ceiling and exploded on the scene this summer.

Reaction Score
great news.. Can someone give me a solid breadown on him?

He is ranked in the 60's by rivals. Supposedly has an incredibly high ceiling, and is already an elite shot blocker and rebounder. He's thin (sound familiar?) and raw offensively, but he has a motor and a ton of upside. I am a really big fan of both him and Terrence Samuels. This recruiting class is not a total dud as many posters on this board seem to think. If we keep everyone we have we will be a legitimate contender next year. I also believe KO will get a contract mid season, and we will get heavily involved with a top unsigned player, JUCO, or top notch 21014 kid that reclassifies.

Reaction Score
He is ranked in the 60's by rivals. Supposedly has an incredibly high ceiling, and is already an elite shot blocker and rebounder. He's thin (sound familiar?) and raw offensively, but he has a motor and a ton of upside. I am a really big fan of both him and Terrence Samuels. This recruiting class is not a total dud as many posters on this board seem to think. If we keep everyone we have we will be a legitimate contender next year. I also believe KO will get a contract mid season, and we will get heavily involved with a top unsigned player, JUCO, or top notch 21014 kid that reclassifies.

Are you talking off the top of your head or do you have some legit info?

Reaction Score
Are you talking off the top of your head or do you have some legit info?

I'm just saying some top players will still be available, and with KO signed he will almost certainly be involved. We picked up Daniels in June and Drummond just before classes started last year.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard whether young Mr. Facey has actually signed his letter? It's getting late.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
He's been asked by twitter and responded in the last half hour... "Soon". Question is does soon mean by midnight or April? No clue.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's starting to sound like this kid is slipping away.

Reaction Score
If I'm Facey I am taking my time evaluating all that is going on, especially the possible issues the Big East may face is UCONN is not an ACC invite. Big East then becomes a less attractive conference. However, he should be drooling at the prospect of coming in knowing he will get ample playing time and opportunities to be our anchor for years to come. He's in a great position to earn some serious time on the floor.

Reaction Score
Per Zach Braziller of the NY Post: Facey had a scrimmage today, signing, and sending it over tonight.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Hope he doesn't have car trouble getting to Kinkos. This sounds bad.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I hope Zach & Wilner aren't using the same source for their UConn info.

Reaction Score
As long as he signs it today, he can send it in whenever he wants. Khem Birch signed with Pitt a few years ago but didn't send it in until a few weeks after the signing period ended.

GemParty

Reaction Score
As long as he signs it today, he can send it in whenever he wants. Khem Birch signed with Pitt a few years ago but didn't send it in until a few weeks after the signing period ended.
Interesting point!

Reaction Score
I would like to think this means he signed!

OGURq.png

https://twitter.com/32KFace/status/271501501548093440

Reaction Score
Great news and welcome Kentan!. Despite the fact that it should be a no brainer for him, thank god that he signed and he doesnt have Lavin and his cohorts in his ear for the next few months. While Lavin has done well recruiting in his time at St. Johns his tactics leave much to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom