Kenpom up to 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kenpom up to 4

Reaction Score
That’s what bracketmatrix is currently showing. We’re the top team on the 4 line, though a ways away from the current 3s on average projected seed.

I’ll be intrigued to see how close to that pack of teams we can draw as new bracket projections that take into account this weekend’s results are released and calculated into the bracketmatrix averages early next week.
Our resume and Gonzaga's are now so close as to be indistinguishable.

Unfortunately there's a decent chance Providence in MSG won't even be a quad 1 win if we do win on Thursday.

Reaction Score
I’m really interested in what our seeding would be now that this game has been played. It was so weird seeing the graphic showing us as NET 7 but a 4 seed.
That St. John's home loss is killer.

Seton Hall is curently at 74 in the NET, so for the moment, that's become a Q1 loss and not quite so bad.

If you swap those, though we're almost certainly a 2-seed right now, or at least one of the top 3 seeds.

Win the BET, and I think there's an outside shot we get a 2.

Reaction Score
We should be on the 4 line, no matter what happens next week. With Tennessee injury situation, we could make a real argument we should be on the 3 line, no matter what.

Hurley was not pleased with EC comments after the game about Uconn fans and their "expectations." Let's just say those comments will be shared with the team all WEEK.

Reaction Score
We should be on the 4 line, no matter what happens next week. With Tennessee injury situation, we could make a real argument we should be on the 3 line, no matter what.

Hurley was not pleased with EC comments after the game about Uconn fans and their "expectations." Let's just say those comments will be shared with the team all WEEK.
Agreed on the first part.

On the second, I think, were we playing any team besides Nova or PC, I might worry about some slippage after absolutely destroying them. But between Corey Floyd, Jr. and those comments, this group of players is always going to want to destroy this PC team.

I was also glad to hear Sanogo talk about unfinished business in the postseason in one of the interviews yesterday. You want them to be mad and on a mission.

Reaction Score
That St. John's home loss is killer.

Seton Hall is curently at 74 in the NET, so for the moment, that's become a Q1 loss and not quite so bad.

If you swap those, though we're almost certainly a 2-seed right now, or at least one of the top 3 seeds.

Win the BET, and I think there's an outside shot we get a 2.
I hear you on the SJU and SHU losses but we are back on a streak of our fairly dominant ways. It’s not like 2011 where we were limping into the BET

Reaction Score
Our resume and Gonzaga's are now so close as to be indistinguishable.

Unfortunately there's a decent chance Providence in MSG won't even be a quad 1 win if we do win on Thursday.
Similar spot to last night. Win and it will be a quad 2 win. Lose and it will be a quad 1 loss

Reaction Score
Similar spot to last night. Win and it will be a quad 2 win. Lose and it will be a quad 1 loss
We're likely to be favored by 7. If we're optimizing for quads, we'd want to win by like 1 lol. But teams ahead of Providence could slide back, too, so it might work out anyways if we just win by 7. If we blow them out, it'll be quad 2 for sure.

But I doubt optimizing for quads is the right play anyways. Just blow them out.

Reaction Score
I really have a good feeling we end up a 3 seed. Mathematically, being a 4 seed means you lose in the Sweet 16. I want to go further than that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We're likely to be favored by 7. If we're optimizing for quads, we'd want to win by like 1 lol. But teams ahead of Providence could slide back, too, so it might work out anyways if we just win by 7. If we blow them out, it'll be quad 2 for sure.

But I doubt optimizing for quads is the right play anyways. Just blow them out.
At this stage if it comes down to being a choice between an easier tournament path or developing team swagger and momentum definitely go with the blow out.

Reaction Score
Nearly every team in the top ten has a loss like that. Objectively, that loss should not be keeping us from a 2 or 3 seed.
That's not really true.

Houston has the Temple game, so okay. Same with Gonzaga home against Marymount

But Houston is essentially locked into a 1 with their victories, and Gonzaga and us are in competition for seeding.

UCLA's worst loss is @ USC
Alabama's is @ Oklahoma
Purdue's is H-Rutgers
Texas's is @ TTech
Kansas's worst loss is H-TCU
Tennessee's worst loss is @ Vanderbilt
Arizona's is @ Stanford
Baylor's is N-Virginia
Marquette's is H-Wisconsin

I think those are the teams we're in most competition for those 2-3 seeds. All of those are Q2 losses at worst.

Reaction Score
I really have a good feeling we end up a 3 seed. Mathematically, being a 4 seed means you lose in the Sweet 16. I want to go further than that.
Wouldn't a 3 seed mathematically lose in sweet 16 also?

Reaction Score
Maybe, but I'd say it's less likely. But what do rankings mean anyway. 6 seeds can beat 1 seeds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom