Kemba vs Kyrie debate has an official winner | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba vs Kyrie debate has an official winner

Reaction Score
He's probably better than any player ever at 19-20 and he's better than Kyrie right now, IMO. I think Doncic will be a top 10 player this year.
Uhhh LeBron would like a word with you

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is a hot take

If I was building a team, that's a no-brainer for me. Doncic over either.

As for the thread topic, Kyrie's a better basketball player than Kemba. But he's screwed up between the ears. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's got a screw loose. He torpedoed both the Cavs and the Celtics, albeit with some help, and I'll be surprised if everything goes well in Brooklyn.

I wanted to resign Kyrie because I thought it could help land Davis, but I'm happy with the Kyrie-for-Kemba swap even though I think Kyrie's a better on-court player.

Reaction Score
This is a hot take
Why? ESPN has Doncic ranked as the 16th best player in the NBA, one spot ahead of Kemba and 5 spots below Kyrie. Simmons, Gobert, McCollum, and Kyrie are all ranked ahead of him and there isn't a single team in the NBA who isn't trading them for Doncic if they could.

Reaction Score
Uhhh LeBron would like a word with you
They were both 19 year old rookies, Doncic was slightly better than Lebron in basically every statistical category.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So what? The Timberwolves can't do that and meet the salary cap. If the Timberwolves swapped Shabazz for Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, John Stockton, Wes Unseld, Stephan Curry, and Magic Johnson, all in their prime, they'd have won by 60. But they can't do that either, the laws of physics as well as the salary cap getting in the way.
If they swapped Wiggins and Shabazz for kyrie they'd win by 40

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's probably better than any player ever at 19-20 and he's better than Kyrie right now, IMO. I think Doncic will be a top 10 player this year.
I just don't see how any evidence points to that. Kyrie was better last year, and through one game he's been better this year.

Reaction Score
Why? ESPN has Doncic ranked as the 16th best player in the NBA, one spot ahead of Kemba and 5 spots below Kyrie. Simmons, Gobert, McCollum, and Kyrie are all ranked ahead of him and there isn't a single team in the NBA who isn't trading them for Doncic if they could.
Your expecting improvement that you have not seen yet. Sure he can progress to be a better player, he has a lot of potential but you said he’s better right now. As you just posted ESPN disagrees with you

Reaction Score
Your expecting improvement that you have not seen yet. Sure he can progress to be a better player, he has a lot of potential but you said he’s better right now. As you just posted ESPN disagrees with you
I think Kemba and Kyrie were slightly better than him last year statistically but that's basically splitting hairs. Right now I think Doncic is slightly better than both of them and the gap will get larger.

Reaction Score
I think Kemba and Kyrie were slightly better than him last year statistically but that's basically splitting hairs. Right now I think Doncic is slightly better than both of them and the gap will get larger.
So you’ve surmised he has improved that much from one regular season game?

Reaction Score
So you’ve surmised he has improved that much from one regular season game?
No, not at all based on 1 regular season game.

I think he was basically already better than them as a rookie, I gave Kemba and Kyrie the slight statistical edge because they scored a couple more points per game than him but as I said it's splitting hairs, their stats are a wash.

Yes, I think any slight improvement puts him ahead of them and yes I think he's improved in the offseason. Just a year learning the league makes him better and he's lost some weight and tightened up his physique and gotten more explosive. Having the reigns completely handed over to him and making him the point guard with another star player will only make his game reach higher levels.

As I already said, yes I think he's better than both of them right now and the gap will grow larger.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Kyrie is so much more gifted of a basketball player than Kemba it’s not even funny.
I don’t understand how this is even a debate.

You are correct but one played for UConn and is a great teammate while the other is a great player but not the same kind teammate.

I want Kemba on my team all day long because of the intangibles.

Reaction Score
Um... and how many playoff games has Kemba won for his teams in the NBA?

Heart and motor gets you absolute jack **** in the NBA, unfortunately.

Winning in the NBA playoffs is about talent, not heart and motor.

I would rather have Kemba on my team if I’m a coach, but Kyrie is the super basketball player and it’s not even close.

In addition to fantastic athleticism, heart and motor is a big reason that Michael Jordan won SIX NBA Championships. You might want to rethink that statement.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is taller and more athletic. Kemba is smarter and more skilled. There is a reason why the metrics are a dead tie. Where Kemba pulls ahead is in the locker room. He has a great impact on his teammates.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is taller and more athletic. Kemba is smarter and more skilled. There is a reason why the metrics are a dead tie. Where Kemba pulls ahead is in the locker room. He has a great impact on his teammates.
Kyrie is bigger but not sure where you're getting that he's more athletic, maybe more dexterity because he's an even better finisher around the rim and has even more body control than Kemba but Kemba jumps higher than Kyrie and is just as quick or quicker. I don't get where Kemba is a smarter player and I really don't get where he's more skilled. Kyrie is considered about the most skilled player out there.

The metrics are not a dead tie and Kemba pulling ahead on all the intangibles is a UConn tinted glasses thing. I don't even like Kyrie and I love Kemba but there is no way to justify that Kemba has been as good an NBA player as Kyrie and many of you are pretending Kemba is better.

Kemba is great, Kyrie is just a little better and more accomplished as an NBA player.

Reaction Score

Is that the same ESPN who had Klay Thompson at #49...haha, ESPN is a joke.

Reaction Score
Is that the same ESPN who had Klay Thompson at #49...haha, ESPN is a joke.
It's a list for this season, Klay blew out his knee in the finals last year and may not play all this season. He's one of my favorite players but he shouldn't be top 100 for this year.

Reaction Score
Ugly showing so far in the first half, the brother better get it together, especially after that debacle against France in the World Cup when he basically lost USA the game. The "save Kemba, his teammates suck" campaign not gonna fly in Boston.

Reaction Score
Played much better in early 4Q. Got the Celtics back into the game. Didn't play as well down the stretch (missed a couple late clock ISO shots), but drew an important charge on D that more or less sealed the game.

Reaction Score
Hopefully translates into more Ws. Kemba needs to settle down and get into a groove.

I think it will as he gets comfortable to a new role in a new system. He looked great in the 4th yesterday. Has stayed locked in defensively too. He drew a couuple of BIG TIME charges yesterday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think it will as he gets comfortable to a new role in a new system. He looked great in the 4th yesterday. Has stayed locked in defensively too. He drew a couuple of BIG TIME charges yesterday

Saw the highlights. Had some blocks too. Here's a summary of his game:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom