Kemba on the Knicks | The Boneyard

Kemba on the Knicks

Reaction Score
About what I expected, his knee has been cooked since the bubble season and Rose and Quickley are better players. I'd be shocked if he finishes the season in a Knicks uniform.

Reaction Score
He actually has looked pretty healthy and still looks quick when he drives to the basket. He just is a liability defensively and Thibodeau won’t let him finish games. He prefers his guy D Rose and for good reason.

Reaction Score
It's ok if he's done. Undersized PGs need to be extremely athletic and at his age it can't be expected. Shows how a player needs to push to get paid or get to a good team ASAP

Reaction Score
Tibs treats every game like it's life and death so Kemba is in his 4th quarter dog house for lack of size/speed on D. I don't see Tibs letting Kemba play crunch mins unless he's hot and the other options are cold.

Kemba has some game left and he'll have some good nights but for the most part 16-20 mins and 10 points is about best he'll get. Not the homecoming he expected and somewhat embarrassing for him he doesn't see the floor at all in 4th qtr. Even with Rose out tonight Tibs kept Kemba on the bench entire 4th qtr.

That would be ok on a title contender but the Knicks are not that so I hope he gets moved to a title contender needing some offense off the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm still white hot angry at the person / people calling Obi Toppin a bust last year... Far from it.. He's an integral rotation player this year and I love this group. Fournier addition has been excellent.

Reaction Score
I'm still white hot angry at the person / people calling Obi Toppin a bust last year... Far from it.. He's an integral rotation player this year and I love this group. Fournier addition has been excellent.

Eh, I'm not quite sure he's what they were expecting with the 8th pick. Career 28% from 3 and hasn't broken 20mpg for a season yet. He still has time, it's only his 2nd season... but there's hardly that much to be excited about. I don't know many rational Knicks fans that are excited about him. Plenty of other positive direction on that team to be more excited about.

Reaction Score
I respect that, but I mean, did we expect to get a 20ppg scorer with the 8th pick? Could he be that if Randle goes down, wouldn't shock me. I'm just really blown away by the pessimism on Toppin here, when I see and hear mostly all positives everywhere else.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm not quite sure he's what they were expecting with the 8th pick. Career 28% from 3 and hasn't broken 20mpg for a season yet. He still has time, it's only his 2nd season... but there's hardly that much to be excited about. I don't know many rational Knicks fans that are excited about him. Plenty of other positive direction on that team to be more excited about.
Obi has been excellent this season. His +/- is off the charts abs damn near every Knick fan including myself is furious that Thibs hasn’t given him more minutes

Reaction Score
Obi has been excellent this season. His +/- is off the charts abs damn near every Knick fan including myself is furious that Thibs hasn’t given him more minutes

Reaction Score
Kemba is what he is he’s had his moments here and there, an upgrade from Elfrid Payton, when he gets ripped by Knicks that’s when he ends up with a 20 pt game just can’t do it night after night like he used to.

Reaction Score
Yeah just about every Knicks fan is thrilled about Obi's development and thinks he should be getting more minutes. It's still a pretty disappointing pick but far from the bust he was being described as last year

Reaction Score
Yeah just about every Knicks fan is thrilled about Obi's development and thinks he should be getting more minutes. It's still a pretty disappointing pick but far from the bust he was being described as last year

This is the right take. He's not a bust, but you really hoped for more from a top-10 pick.

Reaction Score
Feels like most of the last decade, our representation in the NBA has been incurring ridicule.

Really need Bouknight to make a splash soon.

Reaction Score
Feels like most of the last decade, our representation in the NBA has been incurring ridicule.

Really need Bouknight to make a splash soon.
Kemba has been widely praised through his career and was on one of the best contracts in the league for 4 years. Now he is an old injured vet and is on a bad contract, its how it works usually. Unfortunate, but not surprising.

Reaction Score
Kemba's time in the league is running out

Fyi this a Nets reporter....

Why is this all on Kemba? Kemba starts with 4 other guys and they are facing the other teams starters. Fournier has been very spotty, Randle has been up & down & Barret has been bad....the starters haven't been great in general, not all on Kemba.

Kemba may have the worst +- on the team and he's not very good on defense but none of the starters have been great on D.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom