Kemba is off to a hot start tonight against Portland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba is off to a hot start tonight against Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
cool stat listed on the espn daily dime:

"Ben Gordon scored the 10,000th point of his career in Charlotte's loss to Portland on Monday. He's the sixth player out of the University of Connecticut to score at least 10,000 points in the NBA, and all six came out of UConn when Jim Calhoun was the head coach there: Clifford Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, Caron Butler and Gordon. The only other school to send at least six 10,000-point players to the NBA in the last 25 years is Arizona, which also has six: Sean Elliott, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry, Gilbert Arenas and Richard Jefferson."

Great stat.

This is a big "duck you" to the rest of college basketball if you ask me.

Reaction Score
I have no desire to see UConn in the PAC! My first choice is B!G. My second choice is the ACC. I'll frequently have to vomit with that decision but at least I can get to see UConn play at some of the southern schools and hopefully if UConn is invited to the ACC we continue beating up on Duke! I would almost prefer the NNNNNNbe but the media monies would really start to impact athletics.

I really wonder what's going to happen to these new predominately tv contract-based conferences when the tv $$ bubble bursts...and make no mistake it will burst just as every speculation based bubble eventually does. Nearly everything else in this new model is a growing headwind including travel budgets, diminishing fan interest due to destruction of historic rivalries, cable billing profitability, head trauma driven class-action lawsuits targeting football at all levels & the inevitability of college athletes getting $$.

Reaction Score
cool stat listed on the espn daily dime:

"Ben Gordon scored the 10,000th point of his career in Charlotte's loss to Portland on Monday. He's the sixth player out of the University of Connecticut to score at least 10,000 points in the NBA, and all six came out of UConn when Jim Calhoun was the head coach there: Clifford Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, Caron Butler and Gordon. The only other school to send at least six 10,000-point players to the NBA in the last 25 years is Arizona, which also has six: Sean Elliott, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry, Gilbert Arenas and Richard Jefferson."

BG also set Charlotte's new team record for 3's in a game! He still shares the record for most 3's made without a miss at 9, with Sprewell of all people, but BG did it twice.

FWIW I came across this stunning stat for the Milwaukee Bucks :eek: In a little over one calendar year they had 3 different players set/tie the record for 3's made in one half, of course Ray is one the three.

• 8 by Tim Thomas, Milwaukee Bucks (at Portland Trail Blazers) on January 5, 2001
  • 8 by Michael Redd, Milwaukee Bucks (vs. Houston Rockets) on February 20, 2002
  • 8 by Ray Allen, Milwaukee Bucks (vs. Charlotte Hornets) on April 14, 2002
Since Ray's 8, there have been three other players that have tied that record (Koby, McGrady & wait for it.........JR Smith..........twice!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom