Kemba is off to a hot start tonight against Portland | The Boneyard

Kemba is off to a hot start tonight against Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
10 pts, 4 assists, a steal & a rebound in the first quarter! He's 4-4 from the field and hit his only FT. Bobcats up 34-26 going into the 2nd qtr.

Reaction Score
His hot starts never last. He'll probably end up 7-16 or so. If he keeps passing, he could end up a rebound flurry from a triple-double though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Halftime...Kemba 17 pts 7-9 FG, 6a, 3reb & 2 steals...The rookie Liliard is trying to go at Kemba's hard but Kemba having none of it tonight...Bobcats up 54-51.

Reaction Score
Not a bad job maintaining the hot hand thru the half (7-9). He needs more halves like this to fix his FG percentage.

Reaction Score
Not a bad job maintaining the hot hand thru the half (7-9). He needs more halves like this to fix his FG percentage.

The team has won as many games this year as all of last with Kemba as the unquestioned starter...IMO his progress is going exceptionally well so far.

Reaction Score

I think the problem with Kemba's percentages is that he is forced to take so many shots late in the shot clock. Interesting stat find, nearly 20% of Kemba's shots come with 21 and more seconds used on the shot clock, more than Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kobe Bryant among others, being a Bobcat fan i see it firsthand. Kemba's shot selection has actually been really good for the most part this season, it's the fact that he is getting the ball with five seconds left on the shot clock and being told to make something happen, that's what is killing his efficiency right now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
BEN GORDON HAS SUCH A SWEET JUMPER

Reaction Score
Did you see the one where he was open on a screen but waited for the D to get back then drained it!

22658520.jpg

Reaction Score
If you're rooting for the Bobcats, this game sucks. They led by 17 with 5 minutes left.

Reaction Score
Awful loss for Bobcats.

H

Husk-E

22 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals. Not an awful game, sucks that they lost in overtime but he'll get em' next time.

Reaction Score
By the end of the year the Bobcats will be thankful that they lost games like this.

Reaction Score
BG just surpassed 10K points

What went wrong with BG? He should have surpassed 17,000 with the way his career started in Chicago. He was on the verge of being a perennial all-star. I thought the Bobcats would be a fresh start for him, but he has been very mediocre since leaving the Bulls.:oops:

Reaction Score
cool stat listed on the espn daily dime:

"Ben Gordon scored the 10,000th point of his career in Charlotte's loss to Portland on Monday. He's the sixth player out of the University of Connecticut to score at least 10,000 points in the NBA, and all six came out of UConn when Jim Calhoun was the head coach there: Clifford Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, Caron Butler and Gordon. The only other school to send at least six 10,000-point players to the NBA in the last 25 years is Arizona, which also has six: Sean Elliott, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry, Gilbert Arenas and Richard Jefferson."

Reaction Score

"Ben Gordon scored the 10,000th point of his career in Charlotte's loss to Portland on Monday. He's the sixth player out of the University of Connecticut to score at least 10,000 points in the NBA, and all six came out of UConn when Jim Calhoun was the head coach there: Clifford Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, Caron Butler and Gordon. The only other school to send at least six 10,000-point players to the NBA in the last 25 years is Arizona, which also has six: Sean Elliott, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry, Gilbert Arenas and Richard Jefferson."

I expect Rudy and Kemba will get there as well. Possibly Emeka too.

10000 points is a serious milestone, the mark of a solid NBA career (12 ppg for 10 years gets you pretty close). It also shows how successful JC has been at getting guys those critical "second contracts".

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I expect Rudy and Kemba will get there as well. Possibly Emeka too.

10000 points is a serious milestone, the mark of a solid NBA career (12 ppg for 10 years gets you pretty close). It also shows how successful JC has been at getting guys those critical "second contracts".

Villaneuva has a shot at it as well. Granted he's been injured and well whatever he's been.. but he's at 5587. He's only 28... and has been playing okay of late.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

All the more reason the PAC should consider UConn!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
For footbal yes! For BBall....:eek:
I have no desire to see UConn in the PAC! My first choice is B!G. My second choice is the ACC. I'll frequently have to vomit with that decision but at least I can get to see UConn play at some of the southern schools and hopefully if UConn is invited to the ACC we continue beating up on Duke! I would almost prefer the NNNNNNbe but the media monies would really start to impact athletics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom