Kemba getting no respect | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba getting no respect

Reaction Score
We complain, because he's more than good enough to be there. But he's not. Fan voting gets too much weight. It's a dumb system. The best players should be there. Which is valid. Otherwise, it should be called the Most Popular game, not the All Star game.

What is the definition of the word all-star? Why does it mean best player when the noun is "star"?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What is the definition of the word all-star? Why does it mean best player when the noun is "star"?

Well, because in sports, that's just the implication. Star players are the best players.

Heck, if you are a 'star' in the corporate world, you are usually one of the most successful.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Also over-saturation with 82 game seasons. Not only does it get boring for fans, but players don't play as hard and even still get injured due to sheer volume of play. Now that is something you can point to the league about.

That's why I'm unabashedly a playoff NBA and NFL fan. I don't pay much attention to most of the baseball season either, outside of briefly checking some stats.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Speaking of Mr. Walker, he had one of his spectacular 4th quarters against Detroit the other night, but just couldn't get it over the hump. They were down 19 when he came in with less than 10 minutes left. He scored 20 of his 32 points in the last 9:53. Add 3 boards and a couple dimes. 9 for 11 from the floor, 2 of 3 from 3.
What would have been the winning shot left Benelli's hand a split second too late, but Kemba was Kemba like we remember him. Just carrying the team out of the slump.

Reaction Score
Well, because in sports, that's just the implication. Star players are the best players.

Heck, if you are a 'star' in the corporate world, you are usually one of the most successful.

...the Implication?

You can't convince me that Dwyane Wade isn't a star, currently, in the NBA. He's not the best player currently, but he's certainly still a star.

Reaction Score
Rudy gay's numbers since leaving Toronto are far from "above average scorer that doesn't do much else". Is he a concensus all star in the west? Debateable, but he's no slouch. Don't let the memes get to you.
Totally agree. He's averaging 18.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg and 3 apg. I doubt there's too many players in the NBA doing at least all that. That's way above average stuff. But not All Star stuff.
Gay is 41st in scoring, 58th in rebounding and 86 in assists. Like I said he's an above average scorer but that's about it. Never has been a good rebounder or passer..

intlzncster

Reaction Score
...the Implication?

You can't convince me that Dwyane Wade isn't a star, currently, in the NBA. He's not the best player currently, but he's certainly still a star.

Yes, but that's only because he's old. He was one of the best players, and that's how he became a star. You don't lose star status easily, especially if you were one of the best for an extended period. Should have added that corollary/clarification, but didn't think of it at the time.

It'd be nice to showcase the current best players of course.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Gay is 41st in scoring, 58th in rebounding and 86 in assists. Like I said he's an above average scorer but that's about it. Never has been a good rebounder or passer..
Read what we were saying in our posts. Rudy has been injured almost the entirety of this season.

Reaction Score
UConn Nation holding it down at the Spurs game tonight...fellow boneyarder?

Attachments

• IMG_3715.JPG
    IMG_3715.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 51
Reaction Score
Read what we were saying in our posts. Rudy has been injured almost the entirety of this season.

I stand by what I said about Gay and those numbers are what he is ranked in the NBA this season. He has played in 26 games this year. You said it is debatable if he is a consensus all star in the West. In my opinion, he has never been an All-Star caliber player in his career and your right, he is no slouch. We will agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
I stand by what I said about Gay and those numbers are what he is ranked in the NBA this season. He has played in 26 games this year. You said it is debatable if he is a consensus all star in the West. In my opinion, he has never been an All-Star caliber player in his career and your right, he is no slouch. We will agree to disagree.

He was definitely an all-star caliber player two years ago (21.0-5.9-3.7 on 46 percent shooting). Sacramento wasn't good enough to get him in. Or in Memphis, he was close (20-6-3 on 47 percent shooting on a winning team).

Sometimes, it comes down to who plays your position in your conference in a given year and who is healthy at the break (Drummond made it in a year with few good big men in the east). Emeka was pretty close to making it in Charlotte for the same reason.

Reaction Score
He was definitely an all-star caliber player two years ago (21.0-5.9-3.7 on 46 percent shooting). Sacramento wasn't good enough to get him in. Or in Memphis, he was close (20-6-3 on 47 percent shooting on a winning team).

Sometimes, it comes down to who plays your position in your conference in a given year and who is healthy at the break (Drummond made it in a year with few good big men in the east). Emeka was pretty close to making it in Charlotte for the same reason.

Good point.....

Sometimes your success is, in part, a product of whom you play with and the style of play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom