Kemba getting no respect | The Boneyard

Kemba getting no respect

Reaction Score
Cavaliers' James and Irving lead in first fan returns of NBA All-Star Voting 2017 - NBA.com

Fan voting is getting way out of hand, Kemba should be no lower then 5th, Wade shouldn't start or even be in the all-star game, Butler deserves it but a team that is below .500 shouldn't have 2 allstars. The most laughable one is Zaza Pachulia being a starter over Leonard, Davis, and Cousins (just to name a few). It would be nice if MJ put out a word for Kemba to get into the all-star game.

Reaction Score
Iguodala is on that list, so its clear the bandwagoning of Golden State has affected the allstar voting. thanks children!!

Reaction Score
Kemba, deserves it, but, if he doesn't get it, he'll try that much harder next year to be undeniable.
He's in a lower market franchise, but Kemba won't make that excuse. He's a lesser talented guy, but with an equal winning desire to Jordan - there's a reason he loved him so much.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Unless Kemba hits the 27+ ppg mark he likely won't get an ASG nod in that market as long as it's a fan vote.

Reaction Score
Unless Kemba hits the 27+ ppg mark he likely won't get an ASG nod in that market as long as it's a fan vote.
If he was doing this in LA or NY or MIA or any other decent city he'd be in. He plays in frickin Charlotte.

Reaction Score
This is why I don't watch the NBA. Don't get me wrong, all star games aren't that important but it's the fact that you only ever hear about Lebron, Warriors, Westbrook and Harden.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't complain about this. Kemba has always known that he will grow and get better. He didn't sign with a different market. Why, should we complain - it has nothing to do with our viewpoints, and whatever happens will happen through him being his own man.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Say what? Rudy Gay an all-star? Not a chance. Above average scorer that doesn't do much else.
Rudy gay's numbers since leaving Toronto are far from "above average scorer that doesn't do much else". Is he a concensus all star in the west? Debateable, but he's no slouch. Don't let the memes get to you.

Reaction Score
Rudy gay's numbers since leaving Toronto are far from "above average scorer that doesn't do much else". Is he a concensus all star in the west? Debateable, but he's no slouch. Don't let the memes get to you.
Totally agree. He's averaging 18.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg and 3 apg. I doubt there's too many players in the NBA doing at least all that. That's way above average stuff. But not All Star stuff.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Totally agree. He's averaging 18.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg and 3 apg. I doubt there's too many players in the NBA doing at least all that. That's way above average stuff. But not All Star stuff.
His numbers last year when healthy were even better. I remember he finished with like 22-5-4 or something in good efficiency his last healthy year in Sacramento.

Reaction Score
If he was doing this in LA or NY or MIA or any other decent city he'd be in. He plays in frickin Charlotte.
All Star Game was supposed to be in CHA this year...would have been a lock if not for that rat bastard Pat McCrory

Reaction Score
This is why I don't watch the NBA. Don't get me wrong, all star games aren't that important but it's the fact that you only ever hear about Lebron, Warriors, Westbrook and Harden.
so you like basketball but you watch college

these takes on the boneyard got me scratching my head.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I think the all star game is the one true all pro team of the major sports that actually means something to the players. Getting an all star bid in the NBA is basically the first step to becoming a superstar.

Reaction Score
so you like basketball but you watch college

these takes on the boneyard got me scratching my head.
So I can't critique the NBA because I prefer college basketball? Great. You seem like you'd be fun to have a conversation with.

Reaction Score
So I can't critique the NBA because I prefer college basketball? Great. You seem like you'd be fun to have a conversation with.
You're not critiquing the NBA, and the NBA isn't the reason you refuse to watch. You said you don't watch the NBA because all we ever hear about is a few names and teams. Which is absolutely true, and there are critique-able things in the NBA right now. But what you did was critique the media, and is not at all relevant to the NBA product nor informative to your evaluation and ultimate rejection of said product.

Not to mention, your point doesn't really make sense when we hear about even fewer things in the CBB world: Duke and Cucktucky and not much else

Reaction Score
You're not critiquing the NBA, and the NBA isn't the reason you refuse to watch. You said you don't watch the NBA because all we ever hear about is a few names and teams. Which is absolutely true, and there are critique-able things in the NBA right now. But what you did was critique the media, and is not at all relevant to the NBA product nor informative to your evaluation and ultimate rejection of said product.

Not to mention, your point doesn't really make sense when we hear about even fewer things in the CBB world: Duke and Cucktucky and not much else
Fair point. Guess it's just easier to say the NBA is boring to me. No parity. Not the leagues fault I guess. Their ratings are fine so I bet they could care less that 5 players and 2 teams control the entirety of their product.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We shouldn't complain about this. Kemba has always known that he will grow and get better. He didn't sign with a different market. Why, should we complain - it has nothing to do with our viewpoints, and whatever happens will happen through him being his own man.

We complain, because he's more than good enough to be there. But he's not. Fan voting gets too much weight. It's a dumb system. The best players should be there. Which is valid. Otherwise, it should be called the Most Popular game, not the All Star game.

Reaction Score
Fair point. Guess it's just easier to say the NBA is boring to me. No parity. Not the leagues fault I guess. Their ratings are fine so I bet they could care less that 5 players and 2 teams control the entirety of their product.
Also over-saturation with 82 game seasons. Not only does it get boring for fans, but players don't play as hard and even still get injured due to sheer volume of play. Now that is something you can point to the league about.

Reaction Score

And in college all u hear about is duke, Kentucky, unc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom