Kemba drops 50 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kemba drops 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
He's averaging over 20 PPG on the season now and his shooting splits are by far the best they've been his entire career. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I wasn't sure he'd ever be this good.

I haven't followed the NBA this season as closely as I usually do, but from afar, what he and Batum have been able to do keeping that club above water - with Jefferson missing so much time and Kidd-Gilchrist not having played yet - is pretty impressive.

Yeah they have had a rash of injuries this year. They have played 43 games this year and only Kemba and Marvin Williams have played in all 43.

Missed games:
MKG - 43*
Al - 24*
Batum - 6*
Hairston - 3
Lamb - 5
Zeller - 3
Lin - 2

Actually it wouldn't be that bad if not for MKG and Al. But considering coming into the season those were two starters, that means they were starting two bench players and with Batum missing 6 games that's 6 games without 3 starters. It's pretty impressive they are even near .500 ball. Get Batum and MKG back soon and maybe they can go on a run to get into the playoffs. Could actually be a pretty decent team:

Kemba:Lin
Batum:Lamb
MKG:Hairston
Williams:Kaminsky
Zeller:Hawes

Not amazing but 1-3 is solid and the 4-5 are all similar and stretch the floor at all times. They need to resign Batum/Lin and move Jefferson (or move him to the bench).

Reaction Score
You have a direct quote of me saying that or nah?

"Waiters can't shoot and Walker can't shoot and that matters. Walker is a below-average starting NBA point guard, and he might be a below-average NBA player period. Waiters is a laughably below-average starting NBA two-guard, and he is almost assuredly a below-average NBA player. He might be one of the worst NBA players on a guaranteed contract."

He is probably referring to you saying you agreed with most of the article where this language appeared. So it wasn't a direct quote from you at all. You just appeared to agree with the article in general where the quote appeared. Could that be what he means? Thoughts?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
"Waiters can't shoot and Walker can't shoot and that matters. Walker is a below-average starting NBA point guard, and he might be a below-average NBA player period. Waiters is a laughably below-average starting NBA two-guard, and he is almost assuredly a below-average NBA player. He might be one of the worst NBA players on a guaranteed contract."

He is probably referring to you saying you agreed with most of the article where this language appeared. So it wasn't a direct quote from you at all. You just appeared to agree with the article in general where the quote appeared. Could that be what he means? Thoughts?
Did he say that? Or is that a quote from an article? I think that's what I was referring to, or something similar.

Reaction Score
Did he say that? Or is that a quote from an article? I think that's what I was referring to, or something similar.
If you can read then you should be able to figure out exactly what I said, I said back in October its time for him to make a leap because his shooting percentages were atrocious given the volume of shots that he takes, and given the evidence so far on the season, a leap is exactly what he's taken.

Reaction Score
Having a major clunker tonight (4-18, 3 assists), although the Hornets are up 14 in the third - Lin is carrying the load in this one. Kemba is probably shooting too much for the fourth game in five days with two of them going overtime.

Reaction Score
Jordan on the end of the hornets bench constantly chatting up injured players will never get old. He usually gets pissed and almost spills his 'coffee' anytime there isn't a trap in that deep corner near him

caw

Reaction Score
Having a major clunker tonight (4-18, 3 assists), although the Hornets are up 14 in the third - Lin is carrying the load in this one. Kemba is probably shooting too much for the fourth game in five days with two of them going overtime.

Played all of the second half and OT last night, can't imagine he fully has his legs.

Reaction Score
Played all of the second half and OT last night, can't imagine he fully has his legs.

And they don't sit him up 21 after 3 today and the Knicks get back into it. His stat line is going to be butt ugly tonight. He might take 30 shots on a night he can't hit anything.

Reaction Score
Ends with 26-6-5 on a bad day (7-25 shooting) with the team winning. As far as bad days go, that one's not so bad.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you can read then you should be able to figure out exactly what I said, I said back in October its time for him to make a leap because his shooting percentages were atrocious given the volume of shots that he takes, and given the evidence so far on the season, a leap is exactly what he's taken.
Or you could admit you said he wasn't very good, but you were wrong. Not that it matters, most of us who watched him knew he was good.

Reaction Score
Or you could admit you said he wasn't very good, but you were wrong. Not that it matters, most of us who watched him knew he was good.
Or you could actually read what I wrote, but you're apparently far too stupid to do that. I'm not wasting anymore time on you, you got a reserved spot on the ignore list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sorry for the delay in my response. I was eating my favorite snack Hanky Panky :p. In my previous post I made reference to the fact it wasn't a direct quote (please see above). The author in the referenced article makes a pretty BOLD claim that Kemba is a BELOW AVERAGE NBA PG (at the time the article was written...emphasis added). What is below average is all relative depending on the person evaluating the talent at the time the article was written. It pains me to see 2 Yarders kinda go at it like this especially when I was just trying to facilitate some honest thoughtful closure.

The most important thing to remember here in my most humble opinion is that Kemba Walker is making his doubters and CRITICS (whoever they might be) look VERY poor as talent evaluators. First he scored the big contract. Now he is earning it (unlike Ben G.). Then again I love Kemba as a person and as a player.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the delay in my response. I was eating my favorite snack Hanky Panky :p. In my previous post I made reference to the fact it wasn't a direct quote (please see above). The author in the referenced article makes a pretty BOLD claim that Kemba is a BELOW AVERAGE NBA PG (at the time the article was written...emphasis added). What is below average is all relative depending on the person evaluating the talent at the time the article was written. It pains me to see 2 Yarders kinda go at it like this especially when I was just trying to facilitate some honest thoughtful closure.

The most important thing to remember here in my most humble opinion is that Kemba Walker is making his doubters and CRITICS (whoever they might be) look VERY poor as talent evaluators. First he scored the big contract. Now he is earning it (unlike Ben G.). Then again I love Kemba as a person and as a player.

Can't facilitate "honest thoughtful closure" with someone who is being willfully stupid. I said before the season in October Kemba needed to take a leap in his shooting because it was atrocious, his own coach said in exit interviews that Kemba needed to improve his shooting, NBA analysts have slammed him for his shooting, every article that has talked about his improvement this year has noted his improved jumper and defenses no longer being able to play him by going under screens. If he's too stupid to figure out that Kemba has improved, God bless him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can't facilitate "honest thoughtful closure" with someone who is being willfully stupid. I said before the season in October Kemba needed to take a leap in his shooting because it was atrocious, his own coach said in exit interviews that Kemba needed to improve his shooting, NBA analysts have slammed him for his shooting, every article that has talked about his improvement this year has noted his improved jumper and defenses no longer being able to play him by going under screens. If he's too stupid to figure out that Kemba has improved, God bless him.
I'm not sure why you're so angry. All you had to say was that you never said that. I only questioned if you had said that. It sounds like you didn't say that, I never accused you of anything, only questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom