Kelsey Mitchell | The Boneyard

Kelsey Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell, her sister Chelsea and Alexa Hart have all just committed to The Ohio State University per Chris Hansen's Tweet.

I don't know if anyone is surprised by this. But news nonetheless.

Congratulations to all three of them that's very exciting and the staff at OSU.

Reaction Score
I've heard for a while that Kathryn Westbeld is also a strong Ohio State lean. They could have a killer team in the making. It was common knowledge that Kelsey and Chelsea were a package deal. Thanks for the information, CBus13.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There is a change beginning at Ohio State that's for sure. From no recruits this past season to no Top100 recruits the season before to these three. That's very exciting for the program.

Not that Westbeld and Waterman are a package deal but they have been teammates since they were in the third grade so if this Ohio State class could get even bigger.

I've also heard Alyssa Rice (from Columbus) is considering Kentucky and Virginia at this point.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kelsey and her sister are from the Cincinnati area, its too bad that Jamelle couldn't have gotten them for her program at Cincinnati. She can't be having the success at recruiting that she and her administration were hoping for. Its hard to recruit against "The Ohio State", hopefully Jamelle will start having more success.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Great pick up for Ohio State. I think McGuff will do great things there.

2 guards and a center. Nice way to start.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The All Ohio AAU team (Mitchell, Westbeld, Hart, Waterman, etc) was upset today at Nike Nationals by Cy-Fair (the younger O sisters). In a game this weekend Kelsey Mitchell scored 48 points. I highly doubt McGuff is going to stand in the way of Mitchell putting up a lot of shots. It will be interesting to see if Waterman and Westbeld want to be a part of that.

BTW, just saw a tweet saying that the Mitchell twins just made up their minds to commit to OSU today. LOL.

Westbeld strikes me as a ND kid.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great pick up for Ohio State. I think McGuff will do great things there.

2 guards and a center. Nice way to start.

I expect McGuff will recruit (and hire) well and win games because of talent. I'm not sold that he's a top-notch coach.

McGuff, Mitchell and Walz recruiting the same players should be fun to watch. Each is creative in his own way.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The All Ohio AAU team (Mitchell, Westbeld, Hart, Waterman, etc) was upset today at Nike Nationals by Cy-Fair (the younger O sisters).

Cat, what do you know about the younger O sisters?

Reaction Score
Cat, what do you know about the younger O sisters?

Saw them a few weeks back. Olivia is a 2014 kid. Last year I didn't think she was a D1 kid, she improved a lot, and I can see some potential. Still not sure, she is kinda a tweener forward. Though, very athletic.

The youngest 2015, Erica is really good. I know BS has her ranked in the 50-60's, but from what I saw, I think she's definitely better than her ranking suggest. I also believe she skipped a grade, if so, comparing her to 2016 kids, shes easily Top 25...maybe higher. Hard to compare when you only see kids once or twice, but yeah, I think she can be really really good. She played with McCarty and Atkins, both Texas commits and didn't get a lot of looks on offense, but I like the little stuff she did. Very athletic, a true guard/wing. She'll continue to improve, no doubt. I would not be surprised if she ends up being a top 20, (maybe even higher) by the time she graduates.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Saw them a few weeks back. Olivia is a 2014 kid. Last year I didn't think she was a D1 kid, she improved a lot, and I can see some potential. Still not sure, she is kinda a tweener forward. Though, very athletic.

The youngest 2015, Erica is really good. I know BS has her ranked in the 50-60's, but from what I saw, I think she's definitely better than her ranking suggest. I also believe she skipped a grade, if so, comparing her to 2016 kids, shes easily Top 25...maybe higher. Hard to compare when you only see kids once or twice, but yeah, I think she can be really really good. She played with McCarty and Atkins, both Texas commits and didn't get a lot of looks on offense, but I like the little stuff she did. Very athletic, a true guard/wing. She'll continue to improve, no doubt. I would not be surprised if she ends up being a top 20, (maybe even higher) by the time she graduates.

Thanks

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The story that followed the tweet: LINK

The link function is not working for me for some reason: http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1311465.html

This is weird. The link looks perfect to me when I try to edit it, but then it reverts back to the incorrect address when I save changes. Even preview looks perfect. You can type it in yourself if you care. Just type ".scout" ".com" after "ohiostate" and leave no blanks before "/2/1311465.html"

Are links to scoutdotcom not allowed?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for OSU. Kelsey is one of the top 3 ranked players in the class - I think she's #1 in one of the rankings. Glad she finally made it official. She wasn't going anywhere else, that's for sure...

Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell's initial/earlier Full Court list actually included Cincinnati and DID NOT include Ohio State, until of course the coaching change and their dad got hired.

If Alyssa Rice and Westbald/Waterman had picked Ohio State, too, that would have been 5 players ranked #16 or higher at one point or another by a major publication.

Speaking of Rice, I would be surprised if she chose Kentucky over Virginia because she's supposed to be a great student and Virginia is better academically. If that plays out, Joanne Boyle and UVA will be a top 10 team soon as she just got a verbal from the local top 25 point guard Venson and she had been quietly assembly a solid and deep roster of 2-4 players. All she needed was a center and Rice, though criticized as being a little soft, will provide that well enough.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell's initial/earlier Full Court list actually included Cincinnati and DID NOT include Ohio State, until of course the coaching change and their dad got hired.

If Alyssa Rice and Westbald/Waterman had picked Ohio State, too, that would have been 5 players ranked #16 or higher at one point or another by a major publication.

Speaking of Rice, I would be surprised if she chose Kentucky over Virginia because she's supposed to be a great student and Virginia is better academically. If that plays out, Joanne Boyle and UVA will be a top 10 team soon as she just got a verbal from the local top 25 point guard Venson and she had been quietly assembly a solid and deep roster of 2-4 players. All she needed was a center and Rice, though criticized as being a little soft, will provide that well enough.

Kentucky is no slouch academically. I get that they are no Virginia but I dont think there that bad.

My cousin went to medical school there.

He really enjoyed it and said he got a good education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom