Kelly Takes Responsibility For The Loss | The Boneyard

Kelly Takes Responsibility For The Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2013/01/05/faris-takes-responsibility-for-loss-to-notre-dame/

“Personally, I take responsibility for this game,’’ Faris said. “I don’t just say that because it sounds like I should say that. As a leader on the team I’m supposed to set the tone. And, defensively, I didn’t do that. And I think that’s usually what’s expected of me, and McBride got any shot she wanted and she hit almost every single one of them."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kelly tough on Stewart, too; tougher on her than Geno, at least publicly.

"No matter if you're a freshman or a senior, there's no excuse for different issues, turnovers or mistakes. Yeah, it's going to be tough. We've all been there. If you're the type of player to come here, you've got to get over that type of thing. She knows there's a lot of things she has to come back and work on."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-column-0106-20130106,0,4160535.column?page=1

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
She says what everyone is thinking. Again, all that matters in the long run in March and April.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Glad to hear Kelly's self criticism. That was her worst defensive performance in a long time. McBride killed us.

Reaction Score
http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2013/01/05/faris-takes-responsibility-for-loss-to-notre-dame/

“Personally, I take responsibility for this game,’’ Faris said. “I don’t just say that because it sounds like I should say that. As a leader on the team I’m supposed to set the tone. And, defensively, I didn’t do that. And I think that’s usually what’s expected of me, and McBride got any shot she wanted and she hit almost every single one of them."
Kelly Farris is a leader in every sense of the word. Taking responsibility in this way shows just how mature she is. I would want her on my team any day of the week.

Reaction Score
In my opinion McBride is as one of the best college players right now. Mentally tough, physically strong and thrives on taking and making big time shots. Way under rated and respected by many. We have not found an answer for her yet. I think a game plan change is in order.

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
Having any loss is tough but to lose against Notre Dame...AGAIN...stings just a little more. Did we play our best game? No. Are there things that we need to work on? Sure. Could we have won that game? Absolutely. I just hope the team learns from this loss and use it as motivation.

What matters to me most is that the National Championship is brought back to its proper home in Storrs, CT when all is said and done. I'll take that even if it means losing to Notre Dame last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom